LL Cool J ''THE FORCE'' Discussion Thread

Budda

Superstar
Daps
I like both projects as well but Common is not rapping on LL's level. Never expected LL to sound so good on this. That nikka spitting

You can’t be serious, Common>

LL sounds ok but the flow isn’t as natural, as it once was, Common on the other hand doesn’t sound too different from 25 years ago.

Superstar
Daps
I haven't heard it yet but for those that have on first listen how does compare to Common and Pete Rock's album?

Common Vs LL ?
PR vs Tip ?
Overall ?

It’s hard to judge. I’ve always been more of a Com fan. He did his usual thing. Pete fit his style really well, and even pushed him in some ways. The Album was good and we pretty much got damn near what we thought we were gonna get, with a few surprises.

This LL + Qtip album has a shock factor to it that’s made me put it above almost all my favorite listens this year.

I wasn't expecting it to be bad, or even mediocre/average. I didn’t think they would phone it in, but I thought age and busy schedules would play a factor. I was completely wrong, they really locked the fukk in like young, starving artists and made magic in that studio.

Someone described it perfectly, it’s like nothing you expected from either LL or Tip. This is “Mama Said Knock you Out” L, on steroids, and “Midnight Murauders” Qtip high on PCP. The shyt L was rhyming about, plus the intensity he came with, made me feel like he wanted to channel and honor Phife Dawg.

I love both for different reasons. Com and Pete’s shyt is like a really warm oil painting of a sail boat, in a bay, surrounded by evergreen trees, with snow capped mountains in the distance. Details and realism make you keep coming back to look again. Large, earthy, distinguished.

warm_air-1481728892m.jpg

It reminds you of home, morals, sweaters, and shyt.

L and tip’s shyt is like one of those wild surrealist pieces where everything looks like it’s out of place, but somehow it fits just right. It’s like Diogo Verrisimo woke up, smoked dust, and decided to put his spin on a Picasso work. Slighty chaotic, erratic, bright colors, lots of contrasts, hot and cold at the same time, but somehow it’s also kind of warm. It didn’t remind me of home at all, it was like unlocking your front door and it’s some whole other place and inside is the netflix series Dahmer telling you to have a seat and watch the fukking TV.

tenor.gif

The album was exhilarating because, on first listen, songs would end and I had no idea what the fukk they were going to do next. I missed that feeling.

Last edited:

Antdrewjosh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
joshua1012
You can’t be serious, Common>

LL sounds ok but the flow isn’t as natural, as it once was, Common on the other hand doesn’t sound too different from 25 years ago.
Nah I'm very serious... Common is not touching LL..ok what song does LL not sound natural?? Oh you meant super natural cause that how that nikka sounds on this album.. Com was dope but there is no song where I'm like let me rewind that shyt cause what did this nikka just say .I did that multiple times for LL

Superstar
Daps
I favor LL's

Common and Pete's album is good. But they dont do anything that wow'd me. All of it is pretty much what I expected. Pete did come thru more than I thought he would. He nailed it

LL and Tip has a wow factor to it. Qtip didnt just give LL beats. ITS PRODUCED. Just all the things QTip was adding to the tracks is amazing.

LL still vocally sharp. No corny moments at all. This def my fav album of the year. Hope it wins a grammy

I’ve been curious as fukk since they first announced it, just the same as when I heard Freddie Gibbs was doing an album with Madlib.

shyt had me like “what the fukk is THAT going to sound like?!”. Force gave me the same feeling I had when I was 4 songs deep into “Piñata” for the first time. Or Nas with “Magic” and “KD 3”.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I haven't heard it yet but for those that have on first listen how does compare to Common and Pete Rock's album?

Common Vs LL ?
PR vs Tip ?
Overall ?

Ll >

Both albums nice though. Com has not lost a step lyrically but nowhere near as engaging as this project, that’s just me though.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap

Common Vs LL ?
PR vs Tip ?
Overall ?
blunted beats and outright braggadocio is my speed
so beats neck and neck, LL over common