followed closely by huey in the chair and 30 decembers
then saturday night, the force, spirit of cyrus, and the vow

the rest gotta grow on me which im sure they will

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
I haven't heard it yet but for those that have on first listen how does compare to Common and Pete Rock's album?

Common Vs LL ?
PR vs Tip ?
Overall ?
I listened to Common/PR again after LL and I still prefer the Common but both are out to achieve their own thing so it’s not overly fair to compare them.

Both are outstanding projects that are so needed in a sea of lacklustre and disappointing music.

Antdrewjosh

All Star
Daps
Reppin
joshua1012
I listened to Common/PR again after LL and I still prefer the Common but both are out to achieve their own thing so it’s not overly fair to compare them.

Both are outstanding projects that are so needed in a sea of lacklustre and disappointing music.
I like both projects as well but Common is not rapping on LL's level. Never expected LL to sound so good on this. That nikka spitting

Superstar
Daps
The illmatic producers are having a run right now. Pete Rock and Tip with full albums sounding just as good as before. Now we just need preem to come through before the end of the year

:mjcry:
In a perfect world this would inspire the rest of the illmatic producers to scoop a rapper to make their own ultimate team up projects.

We’d get some surprise shyt like a 9 track 50 cent x Large Professor project or a Memohis Bleek tape entirely produced by LES.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I haven't heard it yet but for those that have on first listen how does compare to Common and Pete Rock's album?

Common Vs LL ?
PR vs Tip ?
Overall ?
Off first listen the production is equal across both albums, the wow factor is that LL sounds crisp and sharp whereas I myself was expecting great things from Common.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:mjcry:
In a perfect world this would inspire the rest of the illmatic producers to scoop a rapper to make their own ultimate team up projects.

We’d get some surprise shyt like a 9 track 50 cent x Large Professor project or a Memohis Bleek tape entirely produced by LES.

I can’t for the life of me imagine either of those lol

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anybody hating on that Em and LL song needs to just shoot themselves in the face... This album 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥. LL claims to be the GOAT have to be taken very seriously..of course it's all debatable but we need to start mentioning LL in that discussion
LL was always my goat from the rappers that came from the 80’s. I think people forget why he is a goat and he had to show nikkas on this project.

Last edited:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps

Common Vs LL ?
PR vs Tip ?
Overall ?
I favor LL's

Common and Pete's album is good. But they dont do anything that wow'd me. All of it is pretty much what I expected. Pete did come thru more than I thought he would. He nailed it

LL and Tip has a wow factor to it. Qtip didnt just give LL beats. ITS PRODUCED. Just all the things QTip was adding to the tracks is amazing.

LL still vocally sharp. No corny moments at all. This def my fav album of the year. Hope it wins a grammy

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I favor LL's

Common and Pete's album is good. But they dont do anything that wow'd me. All of it is pretty much what I expected. Pete did come thru more than I thought he would. He nailed it

LL and Tip has a wow factor to it. Qtip didnt just give LL beats. ITS PRODUCED. Just all the things QTip was adding to the tracks is amazing.

LL still vocally sharp. No corny moments at all. This def my fav album of the year. Hope it wins a grammy

Not eligible for this years Grammys he’d had to submit for 2026.

Malcy86

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Glasgow
I get this
I favor LL's

but I feel the Common album flows better. I’m not totally convinced with how the tracks are sequenced in LL’s and think it would benefit from letting the beat ride out on some tracks rather than stopping abruptly.

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
It's wild to think that LL the pioneer, the guy who dropped his first single in 1984 and the first album ever on Def Jam is still this sharp 40 years on.

People need to put more respect on his name. LL has achieved everything, and has every reason not to be rapping at this point in his career. But he's out here doing it to these meat balls all for the love.

:salute: the GOAT