Live video: George Zimmerman Trial - jury selection, trial, verdict, eye rolling

Numpsay

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
PAT 2 HTown
ok...but it somewhat hurts their credibility by doing that IMO.

I don't see it that way. Giving the jury the option increases the chances of a conviction IMO. Had they gone for purely manslaughter and loss the jury would have nothing else to fall back on. Going for second degree the jury has manslaughter to fall back on if they don't feel confident convicting him of second degree.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
fc9abfd7687743ab2aa35c46ff5df0ad.png

:whoo:

:patrice:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
You must've missed the gym owner's testimony. He said Zimmerman was a .5 on a 1-10 scale in terms of fighting/physical ability.

You can pay for classes to fight, but that doesn't mean you'll be Floyd Mayweather after a year.

I'd like to know exactly how that scale is measured. It should be reasonable that any person not handicapped would at least be a 2 on that scale. Would the average teenager be a 5? If so, does that mean that the average 16 year old could man handle Zimmerman? Also, if he trained Zimmerman for a year and he gained absolutely no progress in his fighting skills, what does that say about him as an instructor?

The truth is that we don't know Zimmerman's fighting ability because he never gave him a chance to step in the ring. I've seen enough World Star fights to conclude that even the most softest and scrawniest person could turn into a fighting machine under the right circumstances. My opinion is that Zimmerman was trying to detain Martin and Martin was trying to get away. Of course, that's just my opinion and it may not have even happened that way.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Can we agree that the defense is using smoke and mirrors in this case?

To me, it's a pretty obvious decision for me. Zimmerman initiated the confrontation. He already made up his mind that Martin was guilty of some sort of crime. He ignored warnings from 911 operators to stay away from Martin. No one can give a clear account of who was beating who, but we know a weapon-less minor was killed. These are the facts IMO. The angle of the gun, whether Martin was on top, the cuts/bruises on Zimmerman's face, etc are all just extraneous things being thrown in to muddle the facts.

This should be manslaughter, at least. We can't have armed citizens confronting people, shooting them, and then claiming they felt threatened when they initiated the confrontation. It sets a bad precedence.,,,leave the police work for the police.

I think if the prosecution had just charged Zimmerman with manslaughter instead of going for 2nd degree murder would have made things much simpler for them. By creating the toughter case to prove they have given the defense all the room they needed to create as much obfuscation as possible and basically smoke and mirrors is really all a defense has to present to a jury as long as it can create some level of doubt.

ThaGlow

All Star
Daps
Lol at that profile if real. So is Zimmerman about dat life? At first he's like "I'm out" then he's like "thanks for not snitching on me".

protestor

Man of the year
Daps
Reppin
Protesting
Unfortunately it may be the case. I also think 2nd degree murder was too lofty. This wasn't a premeditated murder...it happened by circumstances of the situation. but the situation was initiated by GZ. If he simply obeyed the directions of the 911 operator, that whole thing would have never happened.

How did zimmerman initiate the altercation?

Where is the proof of this?

lepard

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How did zimmerman initiate the altercation?

Where is the proof of this?

This is where the disconnect comes from... to some "following" someone can be seen as stalking and/or suspicious behavior. Others see it as not being a defining act.

Either way, the way I see it if Zimmerman would've waited in the car (where he was or by the mail post) this situation wouldn't have escalated.

He'll be found guilty of Manslaughter with time served.

:manny:

ThaGlow

All Star
Daps
IMO Zimmerman's reenactment video should be the most damning evidence against himself. The steps he took and his thought process make no sense, especially in the safety dept.