Live video: George Zimmerman Trial - jury selection, trial, verdict, eye rolling

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can we agree that the defense is using smoke and mirrors in this case?

To me, it's a pretty obvious decision for me. Zimmerman initiated the confrontation. He already made up his mind that Martin was guilty of some sort of crime. He ignored warnings from 911 operators to stay away from Martin. No one can give a clear account of who was beating who, but we know a weapon-less minor was killed. These are the facts IMO. The angle of the gun, whether Martin was on top, the cuts/bruises on Zimmerman's face, etc are all just extraneous things being thrown in to muddle the facts.

This should be manslaughter, at least. We can't have armed citizens confronting people, shooting them, and then claiming they felt threatened when they initiated the confrontation. It sets a bad precedence.,,,leave the police work for the police.

HarlemUSA

Lightbringer and Azor Ahai
Supporter
Daps
So black high school athletes are more dangerous than a grown man taking MMA and carrying a gun. Yeah I'll buy that :comeon:

Zimmerman actually paid for classes to learn to fight, yet because he got the injuries he was obviously the soft azz victim and couldn't possibly be an aggressor :comeon:

Middle School. :bryan:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics

To me, it's a pretty obvious decision for me. Zimmerman initiated the confrontation. He already made up his mind that Martin was guilty of some sort of crime. He ignored warnings from 911 operators to stay away from Martin. No one can give a clear account of who was beating who, but we know a weapon-less minor was killed. These are the facts IMO. The angle of the gun, whether Martin was on top, the cuts/bruises on Zimmerman's face, etc are all just extraneous things being thrown in to muddle the facts.

This should be manslaughter, at least. We can't have armed citizens confronting people, shooting them, and then claiming they felt threatened when they initiated the confrontation. It sets a bad precedence.,,,leave the police work for the police.

Yeah, from everything I've seen, GZ's life was never in danger. Trayvon has every right to defend himself against an unidentified man with a gun. The injuries were minor. GZ was the one who initiated it, I don't see how anyone could say otherwise. I will agree that proving second degree murder is tough because I'm not sure his statements to the dispatcher are enough to prove hatred or ill will but this is at least a cut and dry manslaughter case which in the state of Florida would still send GZ to prison for 20 years.

I'm used to juries fukking up though because the whole "reasonable doubt" scale has shifted to an unrealistic state. I would not be surprised to see GZ walk free.

the artist known az

Hail the victors
Daps
Reppin
TSC FA' Life #ByrdGang
I can't wait for the closing arguments. I hope they give Zimmerman's entire account.

TM asked if he had a problem homie?, GZ said no, TM said "you do now" & punched him. TM gets on top beating him, slamming his head in concrete, covering his mouth. Felt his gun, went for it while saying "you're gonna die tonight motherfukker" :troll: Some how GZ grabs it and fires a shot (even though he being overpowered by someone around 40 lbs lighter). TM says you got me while the bullet ripped through his heart and punctured his lung. GZ didn't know the bullet hit TM so he jumps on top & spread TM arms out. :comeon:

That's just the actual fight. Not to mention lying about knowing Stand Your Ground

I_Got_Da_Burna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, from everything I've seen, GZ's life was never in danger. Trayvon has every right to defend himself against an unidentified man with a gun. The injuries were minor. GZ was the one who initiated it, I don't see how anyone could say otherwise. I will agree that proving second degree murder is tough because I'm not sure his statements to the dispatcher are enough to prove hatred or ill will but this is at least a cut and dry manslaughter case which in the state of Florida would still send GZ to prison for 20 years.

I'm used to juries fukking up though because the whole "reasonable doubt" scale has shifted to an unrealistic state. I would not be surprised to see GZ walk free.

Unfortunately it may be the case. I also think 2nd degree murder was too lofty. This wasn't a premeditated murder...it happened by circumstances of the situation. but the situation was initiated by GZ. If he simply obeyed the directions of the 911 operator, that whole thing would have never happened.

AV Dicey

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Juan Roberto's bald spot

pretty much,
this is the forest, everything else is the trees.

Suicide King

#OldBlack
Daps
You must've missed the gym owner's testimony. He said Zimmerman was a .5 on a 1-10 scale in terms of fighting/physical ability.

You can pay for classes to fight, but that doesn't mean you'll be Floyd Mayweather after a year.

So he confronted someone knowing he can't fight? I think him knowing he had a gun is the only reason he stepped to Trayvon. Now I understand why Zimmerman was always strapped. This is some sad shiit.

This is why he must be convicted, or we gonna have all these pu$$ies feeling empowered because they have a gun and won't do any jail time if they pull the trigger.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
I can't wait for the closing arguments. I hope they give Zimmerman's entire account.

TM asked if he had a problem homie?, GZ said no, TM said "you do now" & punched him. TM gets on top beating him, slamming his head in concrete, covering his mouth. Felt his gun, went for it while saying "you're gonna die tonight motherfukker" :troll: Some how GZ grabs it and fires a shot (even though he being overpowered by someone around 40 lbs lighter). TM says you got me while the bullet ripped through his heart and punctured his lung. GZ didn't know the bullet hit TM so he jumps on top & spread TM arms out. :comeon:

That's just the actual fight. Not to mention lying about knowing Stand Your Ground

shyt is ridiculous when you really think about the story. From the dialogue, to the sequence of events. Nothing that has been presented from Zimmerman paints a logical A-Z account of what happened that night.