Live from CHICAGO... 2016 NFL Draft Thread - April 28-30 - ESPN / NFL Network

MarcusDigital

Being Real Till Aint No Real Left
Daps
I cant Believe we have a real GM :wow: I'm so used to Jerry Angelo drafts :scust:
And Phill Emery roll of the dice
Shea mcclein :stopitslime:
Knowing we should of got Whitney Mercilous from our own god damn state.

Last edited:

MarcusDigital

Being Real Till Aint No Real Left
Daps
Y'all put sum respek on my bears :birdman:
We bout 2 dominate round 4 with 3 picks this round.shyt goona be to dope

BTW I'm cool with them shipping a 4th rounder away this year for one next year. We still years off from a Superbowl

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
@mastermind who at Maryland is gassing these players up to become these high draft picks? :dwillhuh: The best player to suit up for them in years fell all the way to the 5th round last year (Stefon Diggs) yet nikkas like Dexter McDougle got picked in the 3rd round and now Sean Davis gets taken in the 2nd?? The highlight tape they have for him on ESPN, on the very first play of it they show him making a tackle for a loss on a screen pass to Roger Lewis of Bowling Green. That dude lit us up for 200 yards that game :francis:. I think some of these NFL teams might be playing into superstition. Despite not having that many players in the league Maryland players have some how found there way to win super bowls in the last 6 years starting with Dar'rel Scott in 2012 with the Giants, then Toree Smith got one in 2013 with the Ravens, 2015 Joe Vellano got one with the patriots, and 2016 Darius Kilgo got one on the Broncos.
Breh, we had talent. A lot of talent.

We were one of the worse coached teams in the country.

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
happy with the Fish draft so far, they moved up to take Carroo when all the tier 2 WR's were going so i have no problem parting with some future picks. loved him @ Rutgers

Howard looks like a physical CB2, Drake can be the return guy and 3rd down back. all contributors, and the Jets taking Hack made my heart sing

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
this among other reasons has to be why Connor cook is sliding right?

serves that punk right

alot of teams did have him low because hes an a$$hole. never voted as captain despite starting mad games, that says alot to me. QB's have to lead in some area, he seems like a douche that just shows up

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
oh damn, i love Agauyo might be the GOAT college kicker of the past 20 years. but thats alot to give up to get there

Worley's a great value for CAR, loved him and Joseph at WVU. i wouldnt have minded MIA taking him around there but we did need a 2nd RB

Last edited:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
McShay's best available Day 3 draft prospects

Here are the top remaining players left on my board after Day 2 of the 2016 NFL draft, along with scouting reports from Steve Muench and Kevin Weidl that ran in our pre-draft Top 300 rankings. The player's Scouts Inc. grade is in parentheses.

1. Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State (Grade: 84)
What he brings: Cook is a proven winner in a pro-style offense. He has the frame, arm strength and pocket mobility to develop into an effective starter. His footwork and accuracy are concerns, though. He misses too many routine throws, and he forces receivers to adjust to passes, hindering their ability to produce after the catch. There are also concerns about Cook's ability to command an NFL huddle and locker room, which may have caused him to fall to Day 3.

Watch Cook's highlights

2. Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor (83)
What he brings: Billings is a massive and powerful two-gap defender who creates more disruption than one would assume. He plays with natural leverage and has heavy hands while flashing explosive power in his upper body to control and discard blockers as a run defender. He's not only a pocket pusher as a pass-rusher either; he shows quick and active hands to win early and has enough closing burst to finish. He has the chance to quickly bring a strong return for teams looking to get bigger and more physical on the interior of the defensive line.

Watch Billings' highlights

3. Chris Moore, WR, Cincinnati (82)
What he brings: Moore often drops passes he should catch, so inconsistent hands is the biggest concern with him. However, he's still one of the more underrated receiver prospects in this class because he plays faster than his timed top-end speed (4.53) and averaged better than 22 yards per catch in his final two seasons. He has the burst to develop into an effective route runner. He has the long arms and leaping ability to improve his chances of coming down with 50-50 balls.

4. Sheldon Day, DT, Notre Dame (79)
What he brings: Day doesn't have an ideal position fit. He's undersized for a defensive tackle prospect and has short arms for a 3-4 defensive end prospect. Day might never develop into an every-down player, but he has the potential to be an effective rotational player. He's a productive football player thanks in large part to his relentless effort chasing the run and rushing the passer.

5. Hassan Ridgeway, DT, Texas (79)
What he brings: The former Longhorn is a thick and powerful defensive tackle with the versatility to fit as a one- or two-gap defender. He is an excellent run defender who shows heavy and powerful hands controlling and shedding blockers. Ridgeway also provides some upside as a pass-rusher due to a formidable quickness and power combination. He comes with some durability risk, but he could end up bringing strong return and develop into an impact starter.

Watch Ridgeway's highlights

6. Alex Lewis, OT, Nebraska (78)
What he brings: Lewis is a three-year starter who has experience at left guard from his one season at Colorado and left tackle, which he played after transferring to Nebraska. He doesn't have great length, and he projects better as a right tackle or offensive guard. In addition, an assault arrest in 2013 raises concerns about his off-the-field decision-making. That said, he was named a team captain in 2015, and he has the size, footwork and smarts to develop into a versatile backup, if not an effective starter.

7. Jerell Adams, TE, South Carolina (78)
What he brings: Adams' production over the past two seasons isn't all that impressive -- he caught only 49 passes for 700 yards and four touchdowns. But Adams has the potential to be a more productive pro. He has outstanding separation skills and is productive after the catch. He stretches the field, plus he has long arms and above-average ball skills. He also has the potential to develop into an effective blocker if he continues to bulk up and get stronger.

Watch Adams' highlights

8. Willie Henry, DT, Michigan (78)
What he brings: Henry is an underrated prospect with a good blend of size, mobility and strength, and he's scheme versatile. He is at his best against the run, where he has good core strength, quick and active hands and quality awareness for blocking schemes. Henry is still developing as a pass-rusher, but he has upside with quickness and more-than-adequate power. He should add immediate depth along a defensive line with the potential to develop into a starter.

Watch Henry's highlights

9. Joshua Perry, ILB, Ohio State (78)
What he brings: Perry is an instinctive, physical linebacker who possesses excellent makeup and leadership skills. He has a thick, muscular build with ideal length and good straight-line speed. Perry has some tightness and limitations in space and in coverage. However, he has excellent point-of-attack skills and is a reliable tackler. He could develop into a quality starter as a strongside linebacker in a base 4-3 scheme.

10. Pharoh Cooper, WR, South Carolina (77)
What he brings: Cooper is a versatile slot receiver who is slightly undersized and has below-average top-end speed. However, he is sudden and instinctive with good ball skills and above-average run-after-catch ability. He also comes with a highly competitive edge and the focus to work the middle of the field. He could develop into a quality No. 3 receiver at the next level.

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
Cooper, Burbridge, Hogan/Prescott, Scooby Wright and DJ Reader are all players I'm interested in

#AAGang; formerly Selah
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Syracuse
yea for different traits i like Jalin Marshall, Cooper and Burbridge. good value

Scooby and Matekevitch (sp) from Temple should be 2 down MLB's
I think Elandon Roberts is still available. And Kenny Lawler. I wouldn't mind having a big receiver opposite Watkins