Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
Bengal did well
Kiper:

Cincinnati Bengals: A-
Top needs: WR, DT, OLB, S

I don't know how long it has been since I've had a low grade on a Cincy class. They have a plan and they consistently get excellent value. In the secondary, Adam Jones is 32 and Dre Kirkpatrick could be an unrestricted free agent next season, so cornerback was a quiet need. The addition of William Jackson III -- a player with exceptional ball skills -- not only made sense, it deprived the rival Steelers from the chance to take him one slot later. Cincy needed a wide receiver or two, and got a pair of guys who can win down the field with ball skills and size in Tyler Boyd and Cody Core, the latter of whom is a sleeper given the size/speed combo. I had Andrew Billings ranked lower than many, but I certainly didn't expect him to be available in Round 4. I would have guessed Round 2. Same story with Christian Westerman, who was my No. 3 guard, so in Round 5 that's a steal. Nick Vigil could be called on early at linebacker with Vontaze Burfict suspended and the group relatively thin. Another solid draft.

ROUND/PICK NAME POS COLLEGE
1/24 William Jackson III CB Houston
2/55 Tyler Boyd WR Pittsburgh
3/87 Nick Vigil ILB Utah State
4/122 Andrew Billings DT Baylor
5/161 Christian Westerman G Arizona State
6/199 Cody Core WR Ole Miss
7/245 Clayton Fejedelem S Illinois

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
We tried to put Vick in the most high powered offense in the league last year:to:

We tried breh:to:

Why are you acting like he didn't thrive? You lost a few close ones with him he played quite well considering his age and the fact that he was damn near out of the league when you picked him up. If anything the playcalling lost him those games.

Draw up a screen play to the right side with a left handed QB brehs :snoop:

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
@Skooby can you post the Bears draft grade/writeup?
Kiper:

Chicago Bears: A-
Top needs: OLB, DE, CB, OL

I have some concerns about Chicago's first-round pick, but the Bears made a bunch of good picks thereafter, so it's hard to call this anything but a really good class. The concern on Floyd is pretty simple: Can he maintain his weight and not get physically overwhelmed if he's not simply winning with speed? I think he provides immediate help in a pass-rushing role, but if that's all he becomes, No. 9 could be a reach. Plus, they gave up a fourth-rounder to jump from No. 11 to No. 9.

Now the good stuff: Cody Whitehair can be plugged in right away at guard.Jonathan Bullard is versatile and disruptive and is a nice chess piece for Vic Fangio. Nick Kwiatkoski is a really good linebacker and could start early in his career, though I'd have jumped at Kentrell Brothers in this spot. Deon Bush, Deiondre Hall and DeAndre Houston-Carson all come with versatile skill sets. In each case you have guys with experience at both cornerback and safety. Again, interesting chess pieces. I love the addition of Jordan Howard, who isn't a far cry from Derrick Henry but drafted three rounds later. I love the value ofDaniel Braverman late. Could be a stud in the slot. Good draft overall, and I hope Floyd holds up.

ROUND/PICK NAME POS COLLEGE
1/9 Leonard Floyd OLB Georgia
2/56 Cody Whitehair G Kansas State
3/72 Jonathan Bullard DE Florida
4/113 Nick Kwiatkoski ILB West Virginia
4/124 Deon Bush S Miami
4/127 Deiondre' Hall CB Northern Iowa
5/150 Jordan Howard RB Indiana
6/185 Deandre Houston-Carson S William And Mary
7/230 Daniel Braverman WR Western Michigan

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
We tried to put Vick in the most high powered offense in the league last year:to:

We tried breh:to:

Why are you acting like he didn't thrive? You lost a few close ones with him he played quite well considering his age and the fact that he was damn near out of the league when you picked him up. If anything the playcalling lost him those games.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
@Skooby can you post the Bears draft grade/writeup?
Chicago Bears 2016 Picks

Team:
Chicago Bears 2016 Picks
RD PK(OVR) NAME POS SCHOOL
  • What he brings:
    in.gif

Floyd is arguably the most versatile edge defender in this class who has an outstanding combination of length and athleticism. He displays natural instincts as a pass-rusher with quality first-step quickness and flexibility to gain the edge while also flashing an effective inside changeup move. Though his sack production dipped in 2015, he played as more of an off linebacker where he showcased his range as a space player in coverage. He will bring immediate help on third downs and should quickly push for a starting job.

How he fits:
    in.gif

After helping find help at the inside linebacker position by signing Jerrell Freeman and Danny Trevathan in free agency, the Bears add the most versatile edge rusher in this class for defensive coordinator Vic Fangio's 3-4 defense. Floyd will add another pass-rushing option across from OLB Pernell McPhee, while also providing quality athleticism and range as a space player. -- Kevin Weidl
  • What he brings:
    in.gif

Whitehair has lined up at offensive tackle the past three seasons, but he has short arms and projects better at guard, where he started nine games in 2012. He could project at center, too. He is a four-year starter and team captain who is assignment sound in the run game and shows outstanding awareness in pass protection. He is a fundamentally sound positional run-blocker and an above-average pass-blocker with above-average balance. -- Steve Muench

How he fits:
    in.gif

Whitehair projects as a guard and is a solid fit within the Bears' zone-heavy blocking scheme. In addition, this allows Kyle Long to remain at right tackle while looking for free-agent signing Bobby Massie to upgrade the left tackle spot. -- Kevin Weidl
  • What he brings:
    in.gif

Bullard is a versatile defensive lineman who plays with a physical edge and relentless motor. He started his career at defensive end before bumping inside as a senior where he was much more productive. Bullard isn't an elite athlete but he has excellent first-step quickness to create disruption in the backfield as a one-gap run defender. He possesses heavy hands but needs to continue to refine his hand-usage in combat, particularly as a pass-rusher. He could develop into a quality starter, ideally as a 3-technique for a base 4-3 defense. He also has the size and core strength to hold up as a five-technique for an odd front.

How he fits:
    in.gif

Bullard brings great versatility within defensive coordinator Vic Fangio's hybrid front. Chicago continues to get stronger up front with Bullard, who has excellent first-step quickness and brings a tone-setting mentality to the front seven. -- Kevin Weidl
  • What he brings:
    in.gif

Kwiatkoski, a three-year starter, is a three-down linebacker who has outstanding instincts and football character. He needs to continue to get stronger at the point of attack, but he has improved his ability to get off blocks when teams run at him. He shows above-average range chasing down ball carriers. Kwiatkoski also flashes the ability to jump routes and play the ball -- seven career interceptions -- in underneath zone coverage. Finally, he has the tenacity to contribute on special teams. -- Steve Muench
  • What he brings:
    in.gif

While the 2014 tape is better than the 2015 tape and he needs to regain his form, Bush has the size and athleticism to develop into an interchangeable safety. He didn't run the 40-yard dash very well at the scouting combine (4.64) but he improved at his pro day (4.59). Bush shows above-average range on tape, and he's a physical run defender who doesn't shy away from contact and flashes above-average stopping power. -- Steve Muench
  • What he brings:
    in.gif

A four-year starter, Hall lined up at both cornerback and safety at Northern Iowa. He projects best as a press-man or press-zone corner. He has the length and upper-body strength to disrupt receivers at the line of scrimmage. He also has the wide catching radius and balls skills to develop into a playmaker. On the downside, he's a high-cut corner who looks tight in space and his eye discipline is inconsistent. -- Steve Muench
  • What he brings:
    in.gif

This big back isn't much of a breakaway threat, and Howard is a relatively unproven receiver who finished his college career with just 24 catches. On the other hand, he's an efficient runner with outstanding vision and good patience. It usually takes multiple defenders to tackle him and he has the power to push the pile when he doesn't get a seam on goal line and short-yardage carries. In addition, Howard takes care of the football. -- Steve Muench

How he fits:
    in.gif

The Bears found great value with rookie RB Jeremy Langford last year and he will take over as the feature back for Matt Forte, who left in free agency. Howard is a big and powerful runner who will provide depth behind Langford to shoulder some workload and keep him fresh. The Bears will now have a thunder-and-lightning element in the backfield with Howard's physical style as a runner. -- Kevin Weidl
  • What he brings:
    in.gif

Houston-Carson is a four-year starter who started his career at cornerback before switching to safety in 2015. He did not test well, but he is a better football player than athlete on tape. Houston-Carson shows quality instincts and recognition skills and has good ball awareness and hands to finish when in position. He also brings excellent value on special teams and had nine blocked kicks throughout his career. He has a chance to add immediate depth in a secondary and help on special teams while he develops. -- Kevin Weidl
  • What he brings:
    in.gif

Braverman is a tough, highly competitive and undersized slot receiver who is a quick athlete. He has a strong feel as a route runner and has excellent elusiveness to create yards after the catch. He played very well in games against Michigan State and Ohio State last season. His game is cut from the same cloth as a Wes Welker or Danny Amendola, and Braverman could end up being one of the bigger steals in this receiver class. -- Kevin Weidl

DonKnock

KPJ Gonna Save Us
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Because even if he played like ATL Vick again, he would never fully be given the reins here as long as Ben still has a pulse:yeshrug:

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bears cut Matt Slauson..... Damn. Dude can play, someone is about to get a huge upgrade at guard