Lionel Richie's Daughter Sofia Says People Say Racist Stuff Around Her Not Knowing She's Black

ImmaGetJoeClarkArrested

The Goshfather
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles So Wut U Wanna Do??
The model spoke about the racism she’s subjected to because people don’t see her as a black woman.

Lionel Richie’s daughter Sofia has made a name for herself in the fashion industry, but that doesn’t mean she isn’t subjected to everyday racism. Especially when people forget that she’s actually black.

“I’m very light, so some people don’t really know that I’m black,” Sofia Richie, 18, said in an interview with Complex. “I’ve been in situations where people will say something kind of racist, and I’ll step in and they’ll be like, ‘Oh, well, you’re light.’”

And it’s those statements that might cause her to go off.

“‘That still doesn’t cut it, buddy,’” she responded. “‘It’s 2016—you better get your [s–t] together before you get slapped out here.’”

Nylon+BCBGeneration+May+Young+Hollywood+Party+wpNP2qPsnujl.jpg

Drones

Visions of $
Daps
My grandmother can pass for white and some of the stories she has told me of white people thinking she was white and they could go off-code with their racism made me hit the Weebey face.

She said once she got on the bus and sat next to a white lady with a dog. She told the white lady that her dog was cute and asked his name, and the white lady said 'oh thank you! his name is Lil Black ******, and we just love him to bits? What's your dog's name?' And my Grandmother replied 'my dog's name is Poor White Trash!'

I wonder when cacs who aren't white supremacists will be brave enough to come forward and expose the kind of racism they hear in their everyday lives that other races aren't privy to.