tumblr_o2rek1EOha1rxmai6o10_400.gif

tumblr_n6ajs9l7r81r1k6vvo1_500.gif

:francis:
:russ:

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
2F2F had great lines though "That was a rat breh" "elian and fidel" at the end when tyrese tells veron dont drop the soap and paul says "you know he'll be out soon right" and then tyrese says "he aint getting out" there was also "now put your blouse back on" and paul walker is just so lovable with his "cuz" ...............the line i have problems with is from avengers 2. "If the water spirits accept me, i can return to my dream and see what i missed"
like seriosly thor what are you talking about right now. What movie am i watching. What water spirits. what the hell is going on? I get it now as a setup for thor 3 but it was so awkward.

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
Jack Nicholson's opening monologue at the start of the departed, the part about " the problem with the blacks is they are always expecting someone to just hand them everything when you have to earn it" or something to that effect.

You have a line like that has nothing to do with the plot and no black character in the movie to refute such a statement it just looks like social commentary on a group of ppl. As it's not based in fact that's just artistically irresponsible. But Scorsese is no stranger to that shyt
Its not without context, it clearly shows news footage of the riots due to bussing in 70s Boston and Nicholsons line says that instead of like protesting or asking u should just take what u want by force.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Its not without context, it clearly shows news footage of the riots due to bussing in 70s Boston and Nicholsons line says that instead of like protesting or asking u should just take what u want by force.
Don't be naive, it's clearly a reference to the right wing talking point that blacks are just looking for a handout and are where they are by their own making.But if they just worked hard and pulled their bootstraps they could make something of themselves

Jack Nicholson's character didn't have an encounter with an African American so it's not like the audience needed that monologue to know "okay this is the villain and he's possibly racist got it". It was a random piece of dialogue that played no role to the movie Scorsese just loves putting incendiary comments aimed at blacks in his flicks, simple as

Last edited: