Lincoln was fixing to deport all the black people to south america

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
I'm not surprised that people are not aware of this. It was never even on my radar until I took this American history class in college that was super in depth. It had never even occurred to me that the US has designs on the entire hemisphere let alone a mass relocation of blacks after slavery was ended. I think that course I took should be mandatory in high school. We read like 10 novels in there for better detail. I'm not even a history buff, but that shyt was page turning. There is a huge dearth of knowledge amongst the population of what actually went on after slavery, and that ignorance is what shapes a lot of the idiotic delusion going on. People don't even understand the nature of American law, but they want to pop off about their rights.
please make a thread on this if you can especially the bolded

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
That REAL Lincoln movie coming to a thea... streaming service near you!

RFUB3YD.png

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Not true. We knew what he wanted. Lincoln started deporting slaves from America to Panama as early as 1861. He commissioned black representativeS to start the process. He started moving black people there in segments but the resources and mining opportunities weren’t thriving and Costa Rica laid claim fo the land. Basically Lincoln was trying to force black slaves out of America with whoever would take them. By 1862, “The next area considered was a small island off the coast of Haiti. About 450 blacks were sent to the island, but after only a year, nearly 25% had died due to poor nutrition and disease. The remainder were returned to the states”. At one point, he was like fuk it after a series of trials/ error and said “just move all the slaves to Texas” . Check the National Archives - Lincoln is quoted as saying “I can hardly believe that the South and North can live in peace, unless we can get rid of the negroes … I believe that it would be better to export them all to some fertile country…”

Which complicates the issue bc you have Panamanians and Costa Rican black
People who are on paper - African Americans born in America with black American heritage but who have Panamanian and CR citizenship bc Lincoln decided to deport them from their American birthplace.
What kind of plot twist shyt is this? :mindblown:

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t understand shock about things like this- Lincoln was progressive for his time- but have to remember the prevailing thought was Blacks & whites could not safely live alongside one another without violence. Imagine how fearful whites were of a freed Black population getting even for what they’d done to them

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
:stopitslime: shyt is crazy in 2020 people are still walking around thinking Lincoln freed the slaves, Columbus discovered America etc. I understand that’s what we were taught in school but most people are walking around with a computer in their pocket, the info is right there:snoop:

One of the greatest methods to mind control is giving out too much information to the masses.

The D-List Vet

Being in a recommendation system.
Daps
Reppin
Coli.
I'm not surprised that people are not aware of this. It was never even on my radar until I took this American history class in college that was super in depth. It had never even occurred to me that the US has designs on the entire hemisphere let alone a mass relocation of blacks after slavery was ended. I think that course I took should be mandatory in high school. We read like 10 novels in there for better detail. I'm not even a history buff, but that shyt was page turning. There is a huge dearth of knowledge amongst the population of what actually went on after slavery, and that ignorance is what shapes a lot of the idiotic delusion going on. People don't even understand the nature of American law, but they want to pop off about their rights.
Make a thread B