Lin may not be a Knick next year

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jeremy Lin will be a restricted free agent this summer, and many see it as a foregone conclusion that the point guard will return to the New York Knicks, but not everyone feels so strongly.

"I don't expect that. We're not anticipating that's going to happen. We don't have assurances of anything," Lin's agent, Roger Montgomery, said in an interview with the New York Post. "I know history shows most restricted free agents go back to their team, but I'm not going to assume anything. We're waiting to see what happens."
Agent -- No slam dunk Jeremy Lin re-signs with New York Knicks - ESPN New York

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
so basically...the only person who's saying "I'm not gonna assume that" is the nikka's agent :childplease:

This is not a story

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
If my agent said anything else I would fire him. He did a smart thing for Lin money wise. This ain't a loyal business so you gotta cash in while the gettin is good

Skip b

#SwiftSet
Daps
Reppin
Swiftset
of ocurse the agent gonna make it seem like lin is up for grabs and get teams thinking they have a shot just in case the knicks dont come with the full MLE

His agent is being 100% real of but course Knicks fans don't want to hear none of it, please believe some foolish team would throw decent money at Lin, and the Knicks simply have the funds to match

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
It's amazing how fast Linsanity exploded and how fast it imploded.

No mo trips to Souf Beach fo dat chigga. :smugdraper:

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
His agent is being 100% real of but course Knicks fans don't want to hear none of it, please believe some foolish team would throw decent money at Lin, and the Knicks simply have the funds to match

breh no one can offer more than the MLE to Lin. Knicks can match that regardless of anything if they want to. It's literally up to the Knicks at this point

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
I think the knicks will have to pay top dollar for him because I dont see no other option for the Knicks unless Steve Nash decides to throw them a bone for his farewell tour.

And i'd say it's unlikely.

JMurder

SOHH Member since 01...
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC
I think the knicks will have to pay top dollar for him because I dont see no other option for the Knicks unless Steve Nash decides to throw them a bone for his farewell tour.

And i'd say it's unlikely.

breh no one can offer more than the MLE to Lin. Knicks can match that regardless of anything if they want to. It's literally up to the Knicks at this point

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love

How come? Plenty teams out there have cap room

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia

Not so fast. :corsosmiley:

A team that's under the cap like Toronto can offer more on a backloaded contract, one that would prevent the Knicks from using the MLE.