Lil Yachty goes on IG Live says he wrote all of Karahboo's raps, paid her rent, and she's 900 K in debt

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Breh, I'm being 100% serious.
From my perspective, you would look like a very smart breh making hundreds of thousands of dollars
if you knew how to do it at the level that dude does it at.
Even his carbon copy imitators runnin' ads on Instagram/Tiktok/Twitter cannot get the same level of traction.

Conversations about what is or isn't easy, remind me of guitarists who say "Well B.B. King is simple! He don't play like Steve Khan!! or Larry Corryell".

Yeah, but he's B.B. King, he is uniquely himself and does a particular type of Blues very, very well.

Lil Yachty, as "simple" as he may be (I'd argue there's layers to his art tbh) is very, very good at the lane he's in.
And he knows how to inhabit all kinds of different perspectives and characters as a songwriter.

I do music offline as both a hobbiest and pseudo-professional.
I just got done recording some session work for a former Mellow Music Group cat.
I'm in THAT world, I deal with indie rappers all the time from various stripes from Yachty types to Navy Blue types.
So I try to come from a place of understanding when it comes to someone like a Lil Yachty or Sada Baby or the Drill rappers or whoever doesn't
fall into the "traditional rap skill" bracket as defined by purists.

nikka if I say a nikka simple ass raps not that hard to do, I do not have to start a rap career and do better to validate my opinion. That shyt sounds ridiculous, and I wouldn’t even entertain the conversation for one second. The nikka got simple raps. Dom Kennedy rapping ass nikka. That shyt is not that hard to come up with them words.

I don’t rap, I produce so I’m in the music world as well. I record with Yatchys engineer Ben. Just bought a female artist for a session and recorded with him like last month. We was talking about AI shyt and he was telling me how he was in Europe for a while with Yatchy and had just got back. I got the right to my opinion and definitely not about to rap validate it. I know a lot of these rappers in Atlanta and shyt. shyt is not that hard. And that shyt is more luck/connections as far as being successful, not who the most talented people are

Reptile

Reptile For Mortal Kombat 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outworld
Breh, I'm being 100% serious.
From my perspective, you would look like a very smart breh making hundreds of thousands of dollars
if you knew how to do it at the level that dude does it at.
Even his carbon copy imitators runnin' ads on Instagram/Tiktok/Twitter cannot get the same level of traction.

Conversations about what is or isn't easy, remind me of guitarists who say "Well B.B. King is simple! He don't play like Steve Khan!! or Larry Corryell".

Yeah, but he's B.B. King, he is uniquely himself and does a particular type of Blues very, very well.

Lil Yachty, as "simple" as he may be (I'd argue there's layers to his art tbh) is very, very good at the lane he's in.
And he knows how to inhabit all kinds of different perspectives and characters as a songwriter.

I do music offline as both a hobbiest and pseudo-professional.
I just got done recording some session work for a former Mellow Music Group cat.
I'm in THAT world, I deal with indie rappers all the time from various stripes from Yachty types to Navy Blue types.
So I try to come from a place of understanding when it comes to someone like a Lil Yachty or Sada Baby or the Drill rappers or whoever doesn't
fall into the "traditional rap skill" bracket as defined by purists.

None of this shyt has nothing to do with anything lol

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
:yeshrug:

if it's easy.
Then do it.

Y'all should be up seven figures and runnin' a whole rap business if it's really that easy.
I don't know if you are aware, but there are record labels, distribution companies, music producers, managers, promo teams, that all have a part in this. You being able to rap like somebody else is the last thing that will determine your success. :what:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
None of this shyt has nothing to do with anything lol

It has something to do with the topic because we're speaking on Yachty's artistic legitimacy and whether or
not his career success is justified.

I don't know if you are aware, but there are record labels, distribution companies, music producers, managers, promo teams, that all have a part in this. You being able to rap like somebody else is the last thing that will determine your success. :what:
I know that.

However, there are breakout artists like Larussell who manage to carve out their own niche by understanding
branding, how algorithms work, and also doing the necessary footwork in creating compelling artwork for the right audience.

That's what I meant by there is "layers" to Lil Yachty.

There are also several musicians/artists who have had access to the same resources and yet their careers went nowhere.

Yachty is not only a capable artist but I'd argue a pretty smart individual as far as getting people on board with his music and persona.
nikka if I say a nikka simple ass raps not that hard to do, I do not have to start a rap career and do better to validate my opinion. That shyt sounds ridiculous, and I wouldn’t even entertain the conversation for one second. The nikka got simple raps. Dom Kennedy rapping ass nikka. That shyt is not that hard to come up with them words.

I don’t rap, I produce so I’m in the music world as well. I record with Yatchys engineer Ben. Just bought a female artist for a session and recorded with him like last month. We was talking about AI shyt and he was telling me how he was in Europe for a while with Yatchy and had just got back. I got the right to my opinion and definitely not about to rap validate it. I know a lot of these rappers in Atlanta and shyt. shyt is not that hard. And that shyt is more luck/connections as far as being successful, not who the most talented people are
If you say so man.

Lil Boat :king:

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
i have never heard of karahboos or anyone else outside of yatchy but to be 900k in debt and to have getting kicked out of a group be your biggest career moment is absolutely wild. at that point you should give up the music dream and look for something steady.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Gonna be tough if you can't actually pen raps. She's gonna have to find someone who can ghostwrite in the same style. I strongly don't think she can actually write raps due to her weird ass delivery. At first I though it was a style choice but it makes so much sense that she's reading and reciting shyt that was given to her just based off the cadence that she spits in. Just my opinion from a studio hermits perspective

Youd have to be legit retarded with not a modicum of talent to not be able to replicate the drivel shorty spitting. I could some bars for her in like ten minutes and I aint no famous ghostwritet. she bettet show out