Lil Wayne - "F' black lives matter, it ain't got nothing to do with me" (Update: Apologies/Explains)

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
While we're at it I think it's important to note that the ambiguity of BLM is problematic

To some people it's a group

To some people it's a statement

To some people it's black people

This muddying of the waters does more harm than good at the end of the day

^^^Prime example

I'd bet my shirt that Wayne wasn't addressing an organization. I guarantee he's not aware of the group at all

Wayne's comments were about the statement. As l read the comments in here everybody is talking about blm in conflicting ways that leave no point made

The argument should be about Wayne being an idiot and not much more

This. And to me the ambiguity is what sent an invitation to everybody screaming "all lives matter".

As far as Wayne, no one really knows what's going on inside his head. He could've very well been referring to the organization. Many know the organization, but aren't really up on where the organization took its name from. This is the same Wayne who said that he read the Bible while in prison and summarized it as "this one did something to that one". So who really knows what's in his head.

When I see Wayne's statement about BLM, it's reminiscent of people who say the same about the Civil Rights movement and have very negative opinions of Martin Luther King and other Black leaders. Even some of the people who support BLM view the Civil Rights movement in a negative light because they don't agree with or see any improvements that came from it. I can't respect that line of thinking because it's contradictory.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Him saying that is consistent with the content of his music.

The locced out....blooded down rappers who promote killing other Black people yet claim to care about cops killing unarmed Blacks are the fake ones.

Claim membership in a gang, and then act like you care about innocent Black people getting killed,Brohams.

bordeaux

xxx
Daps
Reppin
God's Plan
i think he's just as sheltered and out of touch as em. except his small world revolves around the studio, weed and women. i think no more or less of him b/c he's just some dude who raps, to me.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I know we’re all excited that The Carter 5 finally dropped but are we conveniently pretending this never happened?

Of course, it's a rapper with a decent amount of stans on The Coli.

Drake said he never experienced racism until he dealt with black people and nobody batted an eye.

It is what it is. :yeshrug:

Fred.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
5z8iaIzD.gif

One of the greatest displays of ignorance in recent memory :wow: