Lil Wayne calls Andre 3000's remarks about rapping over 40 "depressing"

FlimFlam

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah this is bullshyt…an Outkast tour would be WILDLY SUCCESSFUL…look no further than the Nas/Wu tour the past couple of years…it’d be bigger than that…but performing his hip hop classics is beneath Andre for whatever reason

My point was mainly about makin new music...and i wasnt clear abt that so excuse me

WhoShotCha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DUUVALLLL
If you watch Andre's full interview, it's not just about rapping. He's been vocal about how he hates FAME. "No person should have this much admiration and expectations, it's unhuman". I think that's the real catalyst behind his inactivity. I don't think it's about age as much as he still does drop the occasional feature, even at his current age.

Last edited:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you watch Andre's full interview, it's not just about rapping. He's been vocal about how he hates FAME. "No person should have this much admiration and expectations, it's unhuman". I think that's the real catalyst behind his inactivity. I don;t think it's about age as much as he still does drop the occasional feature, even at his current age.

Dre was very clear on his position but there's the people who are mad he's not rapping and the people who are mad at the people who rate him highly who are muddying up the conversation. Nuance is beyond them because they're firmly planted in their positions.

People act like he owes them an album. Whatever his reasoning is it should be respected.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Hip Hop keeps you in a perpetual state of adolescence and degeneracy. Kudos to 3 stacks for escaping that endless of loop.

If you look at how all these oldheads turned out, he ain't really missing much.

True. The lifestyle is nuts. Money. Hoes. Drugs. Clubs. Parties. Etc.

Rick Ross is 47 and rapping about murdering Black people.
True. Hip hop doesn’t have replay value for me anymore. I listen and then just forget it a week later.

Last album I played for months straight was Mr morale and the big steppers :ohlawd:

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Emperor has no clothes. Down south nggas want to be taken serious but their king says shyt like this

Jay, Nas, etc would NEVER be able to get away with this
Yes they could. It's called retirement. They just chose not to.

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Its a cop out. He dint wanna lose what he has. A 40 yr old man should have more to say than a 20. It dont even make sense. Noone said he had to rap like a 20 yr old. Its just he knows thats only way itll pop.

Andre likes the attention. Idgaf what anyone says. He wouldnt have dressed likebthey walking around nyc playing flute like a weirdo if he didnt. He knows if he raps itll never live up to hype and hes scared. He ruined outkast reunion shows by turning his back tot he crowd, he is a living contrarian. He can never be the goat with that attitude sorry. Just keep playing ya flute pied piper.

Last edited:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether

50 years down the line we can start this. Cause we'll be the old school artists. Even at that time, I'll say a rhyme. A brand new style. Ruthless and wild.

For the rappers that regress. I will never understand. Cube. Rakim. Kurupt. Keith Murray. Their best days are way behind them.

The rappers that just maintain. I can respect it. Kiss. Nas. Wayne. JZ. They can likely put something out now that is relevant, but Nas from 2023 is pretty similar to Nas in 1993.

The ones I love are the ones that grow. KRS. Red. Meth. Snoop. Gucci. Kool G Rap. Scarface. Their style decades later is way more advanced than their early stuff.

Rap is an artform. Talking slick and aggressive. Surprising punchlines. Musical quality in the vocals. After years the rapper should evolve, and continue to evolve.