Lil Wayne calls Andre 3000's remarks about rapping over 40 "depressing"

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
Wayne is right though.

True lyricism doesn't have an age limit. You got dudes like Nas, Common, Black Thought, Cube, Redman, LL, Wu, Monch, Hiero, AZ, and mad others still cooking up projects and loving the feel of just creating. He's trying to act like he's outgrown the culture, and that's the problem with how he's positioned it. He told Rick Rubin himself a few years ago, that he doesn't know how he would approach a solo and that he's nervous to be out there alone now. He said the thought of it makes him anxious. So that's what it's about. Don’t try to cop out with the "I'm too old to rap" bullsh*t. That was corny. Dude has done a million features over the past few years, but he doesn't want the light to be on him. OutKast was some behemoth sh*t. It can't be topped by a 3000 solo. He knows that, but he's saying reckless sh*t to cover it up.

He would've been better off just saying he doesn't have the love for it anymore. That's cool. But when you start with the ageism sh*t, you make it harder for the other legends who are still feeding the culture with good music because they just love doing what they do. Hov is damn near 60 in a few years, billionaire, everything, and he's still working on music. 1/2 of the best artists out now, are from the 90's, or around the same age as Dre. So his whole thing right now with the "I'm too old" excuse, is bullsh*t.
Go to a show for any of the artists you named and guarantee people there just wanna hear old music

Music where they talked about young Nikka shyt. Show me a rapper dropping albums about regular everyday shyt in their forties and fifties and it's well received

J cole did that in his 20's and look how people roasted him :heh:

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
If you can't make a song about doing laundry or washing dishes snap then you're not an artist.

As an artist you should know how to make anything SNAP.

Andre need stfu and get his ass in that booth and make a rap album! Me personally...I've removed all GOAT accolades from him. He doesn't even try, which is a disrespect to hip hop! Same as I'm forgetting about Dr. Dre...scary ass ngas.
Ok, so name these songs that do that then :comeon:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He just minds his business and responds only when people ask him for the millionth time, "Where's the rap album at?" :dahell:

Dude said nothing disrespectful towards rap. Just that he doesn't think people wanna hear about his day-to-day life as a forty year old on a rap album.

Guarantee if he dropped an album doing just that, the same people in here dissing him now would still be dissing. Saying, "This shyt boring af. Nobody wanna hear this larry holmes shyt" *cuts on griselda* :unimpressed:
Thread filled with people adding words to that man's mouth.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ok, so name these songs that do that then :comeon:
College Dropout is an album full of regular guy raps bruh. nikka had a beloved song about hating his job.

Hell (early) Kanye 's whole career is an antithesis to all this kinda talk. It's only drug dealer/gangsta rap that has this overhanging of getting disingenuous as the artists gets older. Drake stays popular because love and relationships will never not be relatable at any age for any type of person.

Rappers and their fans who insisted on street shyt are the only ones having these issues. Kanye still relevant no matter what he does, Cole will always have his fans, Drake still drake etc.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
College Dropout is an album full of regular guy raps bruh. nikka had a beloved song about hating his job.

Hell (early) Kanye 's whole career is an antithesis to all this kinda talk. It's only drug dealer/gangsta rap that has this overhanging of getting disingenuous as the artists gets older. Drake stays popular because love and relationships will never not be relatable at any age for any type of person.

Rappers and their fans who insisted on street shyt are the only ones having these issues. Kanye still relevant no matter what he does, Cole will always have his fans, Drake still drake etc.
@Slangtonomo specifically said songs about folding laundry and washing dishes

You can't lump in all non street activities to make a point. I'm talking about the most mundane thing you can think of. Name a song where somebody is rapping about power washing their brick house :mjlol:

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You can't lump in all non street activities to make a point. I'm talking about the most mundane thing you can think of. Name a song where somebody is rapping about power washing their brick house :mjlol:
I'm not trying to butt in y'all thing if that's what you want to discuss specifically, I'm speaking on the pushback to the sentiment that nobody wants to hear what an older man raps about.

I fukked with this song as a Jr High school kid. The Andre 3000 remix especially. The irony

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Wayne is right though.

True lyricism doesn't have an age limit.

He's trying to act like he's outgrown the culture, and that's the problem with how he's positioned it. He told Rick Rubin himself a few years ago, that he doesn't know how he would approach a solo and that he's nervous to be out there alone now. He said the thought of it makes him anxious. So that's what it's about. Don’t try to cop out with the "I'm too old to rap" bullsh*t. That was corny. Dude has done a million features over the past few years, but he doesn't want the light to be on him. OutKast was some behemoth sh*t. It can't be topped by a 3000 solo. He knows that, but he's saying reckless sh*t to cover it up.

He would've been better off just saying he doesn't have the love for it anymore. That's cool. But when you start with the ageism sh*t, you make it harder for the other legends who are still feeding the culture with good music because they just love doing what they do. Hov is damn near 60 in a few years, billionaire, everything, and he's still working on music. 1/2 of the best artists out now, are from the 90's, or around the same age as Dre. So his whole thing right now with the "I'm too old" excuse, is bullsh*t.

Why stop at them?

You're not mentioning Ice T, Kool Moe Dee, Rakim or a multitude of other rappers who are even older to keep rapping.

And a lot of the older artists putting out music aren't getting any traction and y'all aren't checking for them. People even clown them when they look or sound a bit washed.

Plenty of artists have hung up the microphone but people keep demanding Dre to make an album. If he doesn't want to that's all there is to it. He doesn't owe anyone an album or even an explanation.

Daps
I think Andre knows his own strengths and weaknesses better than people online. He even mentioned that Big Boi was the better rapper years, and after just giving their OutKast discography over the weekend, I have to agree.

Out of the Dungeon Family, I would put Cee-Lo over Dre as the best lyricist. That is no shade to Dre because he is great and all his verses were on point but labeling him as the GOAT after a couple of features (was it Walk it Out remix that started that talk?) was overblown, imo.

Why do you feel his creativity be stagnant to only rap? Some creative types stay in their preferred art, and others progress out of it to something else. That is how creatives operate. Just because they move to something else doesn't mean they no longer care about their previous art. It's just that the previous art isn't stimulating like whatever they moved on to.
I mean is he not considered one of if not the most creative rapper ever by most people? All im saying is I disagree with the 40 year old rapper shyt, he one of the few people that can demand attention regardless of what he talking about. Im not saying he’s wrong in how he feels, im also not mad at him for saying this. I just completely disagree with it

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Why stop at them?

You're not mentioning Ice T, Kool Moe Dee, Rakim or a multitude of other rappers who are even older to keep rapping.

And a lot of the older artists putting out music aren't getting any traction and y'all aren't checking for them. People even clown them when they look or sound a bit washed.

Plenty of artists have hung up the microphone but people keep demanding Dre to make an album. If he doesn't want to that's all there is to it. He doesn't owe anyone an album or even an explanation.

That’s facts, and all fine and dandy…except he CHOSE to give us an explanation …and it’s utter bullshyt

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida

But it's street activities that may be the issue for older artists who've been rich for decades.

There's a plethora of directions an artist can go in which will tell a story of life after 40. People are aware life doesn't end at 40 right? People over age 40 do turn up right?

Even going with your narrow requirement of my quote, as a listener, you can't think of a raw story that can be crafted from a trip to the laundry? Some shyt that pop off while washing dishes?

JNew

Superstar
Daps
I respect andre but lets keep it real, he clearly dosent have it like that if thats his excuse:comeon:.

At least with JayZ you can clearly see hes doing things outside of rap, but what exactly has andre done besides star in 4brothers? even pharrel has content.

The flute album is a slap in the face to all his fans.