Life is Strange | Episode One Out ! TIME TRAVEL BREHS !

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im already feeling that the decision-making is handled 100% better than in telltale games

edit just seen the last post, maybe it doesn't matter but it seems like whether kate lives or die depends on a bunch on your past decisions:

-helping her with david
-erasing her whiteboard
-erasing the website
-noticing shyt around her room, which siblings she has, who in her fam already disowned her
-telling her whether to go to the cops
-answering her call

and unlike walking dead, if you gives you some slack
remember in walking dead... if you disgaree with kenny once out of 10 choices, he says you never had his back and wouldnt help you to go find clem :deadmanny:

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This episode was dope. I think i got myself fukked up tho.

I saved Kate and tricked on Nathan and I ended up getting myself suspended because the principal didn't believe me. Now not only am I suspended, but the principal, Nathan, and David are comin for my neck. I also tried to shoot dude with the dog so :sadcam:

Last edited:

Ice Cold

King of Blades
Daps
This episode was dope. I think i got myself fukked up tho.

I saved Kate and tricked on Nathan and I ended up getting myself suspended because the principal didn't believe me. Now not only am I suspended, but the principal, Nathan, and David are comin for my neck. I also tried to shoot dude with the dog so :sadcam:
lol how did you get you get that to happen?
lol how did YOU get suspended? I snitched on Nate Dogg twice (once about the gun then again with the drugging the homey kate) and still didn't get suspended.

Kane

#BonesGANG
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
lol how did you get you get that to happen?
lol how did YOU get suspended? I snitched on Nate Dogg twice (once about the gun then again with the drugging the homey kate) and still didn't get suspended.

I never snitched on him at all until the end, so the principal thought i was making stuff up since i had denied there was anything wrong up until that point.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is game is :wow:

Honestly, IMO....this game is way better than Telltale games. I ain't no joke. the decision making handle the way better that you didn't see it coming.

I failed save Kate's life :sadbron:.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im already feeling that the decision-making is handled 100% better than in telltale games

edit just seen the last post, maybe it doesn't matter but it seems like whether kate lives or die depends on a bunch on your past decisions:

-helping her with david
-erasing her whiteboard
-erasing the website
-noticing shyt around her room, which siblings she has, who in her fam already disowned her
-answering her call

remember in walking dead... if you disgaree with kenny once out of 10 choices, he says you never had his back and wouldnt help you to go find clem :deadmanny:

100% agreed with you about this game handle way better than in telltale games.

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO

-helping her with david
-erasing her whiteboard
-erasing the website
-answering her call

Yeah you can do all of those things and still fail to save her life.
It gives you incentive to pay attention to detail, though and really think your choices through.
You have little to no chance of saving her if you didn't know her pops was the parent who was supportive of her because you just rushed through the encounter and didn't look around her room.
Little details like that go a long way.

Thus far, this is definitely on par with Walking Dead season 1 for me as far as enjoyment goes.
I liked the larger variety of different dialogue options in TWD but in Life Is Strange, it seems like the decisions you do make carry more impact in the long run.
I'm not sure if this will top TWD for me considering the attachment I formed with Clem, but Telltale has definitely been put on notice.
:pachaha:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It gives you incentive to pay attention to detail, though and really think your choices through.
You have little to no chance of saving her if you didn't know her pops was the parent who was supportive of her because you just rushed through the encounter and didn't look around her room.

Thus far, this is definitely on par with Walking Dead season 1 for me as far as enjoyment goes.
I liked the larger variety of different dialogue options in TWD but in Life Is Strange, it seems like the decisions you do make carry more impact in the long run.
I'm not sure if this will top TWD for me considering the attachment I formed with Clem, but Telltale has definitely been put on notice.

I loved The Walking Dead season 1 but the problem is that no matter what you choose but you still get the same results that had me :what: so what's the point of picking the choices?.

For example. When Leon got bitten, you decide to cut his arm off or not to cut his arm?. If you cut his arm off and you still become a zombie that just throw me off.

That's why I love Life is Strange. Everything you do and you have to pay attention and be smart choice cause you still see the different results that have you :ohhh:

trollol

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

i chose her sister as they family member who loved her and saved kate as well
plus i told not not to go to the cops and she gave me shyt for that earlier

i didnt even get to the part where you have to pick a bible verse and shes on the verge of jumping think, i think its bc i selected all the right dialogue options AND i supported her on most of the choices...

any more games like this brehs...

btw nothing is touching the feels during twd season 1... gotta save clem brehs :sadcam:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i chose her sister as they family member who loved her and saved kate as well
plus i told not not to go to the cops and she gave me shyt for that earlier

i didnt even get to the part where you have to pick a bible verse and shes on the verge of jumping think, i think its bc i selected all the right dialogue options AND i supported her on most of the choices...

any more games like this brehs...

btw nothing is touching the feels during twd season 1... gotta save clem brehs :sadcam:

I did, support her most of time and I told her go to cop. However, I forgot what's family that support her cause I selected the wrong dialogue options "Mother loves you" but it was wrong that her mother called her "Satan :demonic:....smh at me failing save her :to:

Kidd Dibiase

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Ready for episode 3 already

and with all this TWD talk i need that season 3 info

and that WAU season 2 info

Killer Instinct

To live in hearts we leave behind is to never die.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO
I loved The Walking Dead season 1 but the problem is that no matter what you choose but you still get the same results that had me :what: so what's the point of picking the choices?.

For example. When Leon got bitten, you decide to cut his arm off or not to cut his arm?. If you cut his arm off and you still become a zombie that just throw me off.

That's why I love Life is Strange. Everything you do and you have to pay attention and be smart choice cause you still see the different results that have you :ohhh:

Truthfully bro, the only thing that keeps TWD on top for me is Clem.
I'd never really cared about a videogame character before but she was like a little sister.
They did a great job writing her.
What was so great is that you could determine the bond.
Could have approached it like I did and initially treat her like the sister.
Kinda baby her, be a bad influence (remember the barn scene in Ep 1 - smells like shyt?)
Or you could approach it like father daughter.
Chuck changed my approach on the train when he told me the world was cold and kids couldn't be kids anymore.
From scolding or praising her, trusting her to stay alone and even down to whether you had her shoot Lee or leave him to reanimate.
That was a well written relationship. Failure to recreate that bond is why I think season two fell flat for most people.
They may try it again with AJ and Clem in season 3 but it's a tall order.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Truthfully bro, the only thing that keeps TWD on top for me is Clem.
I'd never really cared about a videogame character before but she was like a little sister.
They did a great job writing her.
What was so great is that you could determine the bond.
Could have approached it like I did and initially treat her like the sister.
Kinda baby her, be a bad influence (remember the barn scene in Ep 1 - smells like shyt?)
Or you could approach it like father daughter.
Chuck changed my approach on the train when he told me the world was cold and kids couldn't be kids anymore.
From scolding or praising her, trusting her to stay alone and even down to whether you had her shoot Lee or leave him to reanimate.
That was a well written relationship. Failure to recreate that bond is why I think season two fell flat for most people.
They may try it again with AJ and Clem in season 3 but it's a tall order.

Yeah......however The Walking Dead had me :mjcry: to :to: to :sadbron:.

Clem is my little girl :mjcry:, I love her like a daughter......If something happen to her in the future.......I don't know what the hell I'm going to do....I don't want to think about it :wow:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Finally got around to playing this and :wow:.

Just :wow:.

This is everything Telltale Games pretends it is. I mean, season one of The Walking Dwad was GOAT but you're not telling me this isn't going to reach that same level or surpass it with the depth of the choices you can make here. I've been intrigued by Dontnod ever since the underrated Remember Me, and they took the best gameplay element from that game (memory remixes where you rewind and change outcomes) and applied it to a pure storytelling game. And the strength of the rewind mechanic is that you really start to doubt your every choice. Every time you make a decision Max will drop some inner monologue like "Man, I hope that decision doesn't work against me" so you want to go back and look at the other options, and not just because you want to see the other options, but because you really want to make the right choice. And even then you never really know what the right choice is, you can only hope for the best.

Now for some spoiler thoughts of the moment:

At the end of episode 2 I brought up Jefferson making Kate cry because Nathan and Madsen are both so obviously untrustworthy that I think they're red herrings and they're just nuisances, not the end game.

I fukked up the train tracks saving dumb-ass Chloe and was kinda :beli: when I found out that you can't rewind after you pull her off the tracks because I would've done it correct (I already had the pliers). I'm pretty sure that will bite me in the ass in the worst way too too, like now I fully expect the storm to hit and because the trains can't run nobody's getting out of town. In fact, I'm still thinking about redoing the entire chapter just to fix that one bloody thing.