Life is Strange 2 development has begun

Sassy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Just finally getting around to playing LiS2.

fukk that hillbilly for kidnapping my ass. I'm happy Daniel knocked his ass out - even if it was an accident.

They really gave Daniel Matilda's powers. Waiting for Max to start the x men at this point.

I think I seen a frank cameo at the end of ep 1? Nice to see some characters in the first game making their appearance, although it's brief. (Then again, I just finished ep 1)

So far, I'm enjoying the second game. :ehh:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
couldnt finish. too much white girl cringery :scust:

i wanted to smack that skin off that white bytch every time i heard her say "hella"

that or “sisTAH” :mjlol:

still enjoyed the game tho

said I wasn’t gonna play part 2 but I heard the powers are different and heard a little bit about the story involving killing a racist cop so I’m curious about playing it now...used to be on game pass but not anymore...I already have $60 loaded up on the PS store from the cyberpunk refund...might cop this since it’s only $30

:yeshrug:

Last edited:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Before the Storm is focused on Rachel more so than Chloe. I think people should def play it just to see how much of a piece of shyt Max is and pass the hate y'all got for Chloe onto her. Get the deluxe or limited edition for the bonus episode 'Farewell'. Episode 2 is one of the best LiS episodes imo.

:picard:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
...see how much of a piece of shyt Max is...

still not sure what you mean but I just started ‘before the storm’ and am already enjoying chloe’s character and the dialogue a lot more...her “power” of talking back to get ppl to do things her way is funny...I think the dialogue for chloe is better written in this “prequel”...in LiS she came across as the try-hard rebel without a cause archetype...so far her edge seems far more natural in ‘before the storm’

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Beat it, very good story.

A lot of LiS fans probably hate it because it doesn’t involve a bunch of white girls and the meanie adults in their life. I literally saw people say on the sub reddit that a big part of life is strange is about women being the protagonist. They are like reverse neck beards. Armpit hair warriors.

There are more white women as leads in games then their are Latinos of any gender.

Anyway, really good game. I like the fact that it had a lot to do with racism, immigration, class, family issues.

the social commentary in this is a bit more relatable

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
^^^

I suspect the race of the main characters and the underlying theme of racism in the story is the real reason behind some of the backlash...I saw a lot of direct comments about “SJW crap” and other comments that were more veiled...I will play ep 1 but I need a break after playing LiS and BTS...despite my complaints about pacing/dialogue it was still an emotionally impactful video game...far more than one would expect since it’s just a “game”...shyt felt like a movie tho...haven’t played a game this dismal since heavy rain

Hostile

All Star
Daps
still not sure what you mean but I just started ‘before the storm’ and am already enjoying chloe’s character and the dialogue a lot more...her “power” of talking back to get ppl to do things her way is funny...I think the dialogue for chloe is better written in this “prequel”...in LiS she came across as the try-hard rebel without a cause archetype...so far her edge seems far more natural in ‘before the storm’
The way Max abandoned her. The first game didn't make it seem as bad as it was. In BTS, we see Max wasn't replying to Chloe's messages.

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
The way Max abandoned her. The first game didn't make it seem as bad as it was. In BTS, we see Max wasn't replying to Chloe's messages.

Worst than that, she literally moved away the day of her father's funeral and told her right before her dad died :picard:

I believe the other option was to not say anything and she tells her via tape recording after the funeral :mjlol:

Both Max and Chloe are horrible people tho :beli: