Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
i think GFID has better production my opinion though

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
I have no idea what you're referring to.

"Angry"? You're the one angry about people calling LIG a classic. I MUST be biased to think LIG>>>GFBID??? :wtf: I think plenty of "objective" listeners would agree.

:pachaha: @ me being mad, how the fukk do u listen to a album fully and critique something that's been out for 3 hours to a album that leaked almost 3 weeks ago?

unlike u stanboys it takes me a few days to judge a album not just 1 day, and for the record I still haven't listened to gfid.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Which is one of the reasons why Life Is Good is the better album. Nas single handedly held that album down with pristine lyrical genius. There is not ONE song on that album where you think to yourself "so and so would've KILLED this" because Nas leaves it all on the track, he attacked that album With such ferociousness and creativity that I couldn't imagine another rapper having the better verse. Ross has a great ear for beats and his lyrics have gotten MUCH better since Port Of Miami, but he gets bodied several times on tracks (Sixteen, Triple Beam Dreams, Diced Pineapples) and he never really says anything too memorable. There isn't anything on this album that will stick with me like Daughters, Worlds an Addiction, Stay, or Bye Baby. Nas is just heads and shoulders BETTER as a lyricist and with the flawless production do NO ID and Salaam Remi there isn't even an argument that the beats are weak, the beats are perfect!

At this point I don't even think it fair to compare Nas to Rick Ross. Ross is still coming into his own, improving as a rapper and finding his way. Nas can only be compared to other Legends, I can only compare Nas's verse on TBD to Dre's on Sixteen.

Is there anything on GFID that touches A Queens Story? Black Bond? Reach Out? Nah bruh. Ross dropped a very good album. Nas dropped a classic
Who the hell would compare Ross to Nas as a rapper anyway?..lol..but I think the Ross album is good on its own..Ride out music...

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Who the hell would compare Ross to Nas as a rapper anyway?..lol..but I think the Ross album is good on its own..Ride out music...

It's a very good album. It's just not on par with LIG. Like I said Roas is a very capable rapper with a great ear for beats, this is the first album of his I've enjoyed all the way through, so not taking nothing away from him...

10:31

Superstar
Daps

Man... Did you hear the remastered version of Triple Beam Dreams

Got damn @ this niggga Ricky

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Reason I don't wanna compare the albums is cause I expected dope beats from Ross..its what the nikka has been known for on his albums...plus Ross ain't no slouch rap wise...album did its job...Nas album has more layers to it based off the lyrics alone imo...we got 2 dope albums this summer..3 if we count Stoned Immaculate...

H.S.

All Star
Daps
listen to gfid. the beats are obviously better. look at twitter right now. nikkas are already talking about how fire the production is.

Listening now. A few bangers, but nah. Too many meh beats to top what No ID and Salaam put together.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
Sorry man. I love Ross' music, but "911", "So Sophisticated", "Hold Me Back", "Touch N You", "Diced Pinapples"...Not good production. Just because Ross is rapping on it doesn't mean it's a great beat.

Juliano Soprano

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you're a fakkit if you don't like LIG because of the production

this is a dope album but LIG is flawless, i dont wanna hear complaints about the beats.

:huhldup: nah breh, still my favorite album thus far.

I gotta listen to this new Ross though

Prolific_1011

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami-Wade County
:pachaha: @ me being mad, how the fukk do u listen to a album fully and critique something that's been out for 3 hours to a album that leaked almost 3 weeks ago?

unlike u stanboys it takes me a few days to judge a album not just 1 day, and for the record I still haven't listened to gfid.
No that hard, really. I listen to a song, and decide whether I like it or not. You're from Mississippi, though, so I understand if it takes your brain a little longer to digest the "complexities" of a damn Rick Ross album.

H.S.

All Star
Daps
MM4, Amsterdam, Sixteen, and Presidential are really dope beats.

Triple Beam Dreams and Rich Forever are classics.

I think if you combine the best songs from Rich Forever and and GFID it might be close to LIG. But then the fact Nas is in God MC mode would still give LIG the edge.