The Official Formula 1 Thread 🏁

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
“I just made sure I gave as much space as I could to Max,” he said. “In my mind it’s always a marathon not a sprint so I’m just always thinking long .

“Sure, you can be a little bit more aggressive, but I’m in the position that I’m in because i don’t get too aggressive when I don’t need to be.”

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Anthony Davidson did make a good note though, in that second stint Bottas was keeping pace with Lewis. Around 7 seconds difference throughout. He needs to work on his ability to follow closely and stop that initial gap from opening. He could have been there to pick up the pieces after Lewis passed Verstappen.

Lewis slowed down to protect his tyres. Bottas had fresh rubber.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Anthony Davidson did make a good note though, in that second stint Bottas was keeping pace with Lewis. Around 7 seconds difference throughout. He needs to work on his ability to follow closely and stop that initial gap from opening. He could have been there to pick up the pieces after Lewis passed Verstappen.
At this point, Bottas just needs to beat Perez which he can do fairly easily at this point. Perez isn't making anything difficult right now.

calh45

Cal
Daps
At this point, Bottas just needs to beat Perez which he can do fairly easily at this point. Perez isn't making anything difficult right now.

Lewis is going to win the championship based on RB having the car to get ahead of him in races and he's still catching Max. This is the second time he's caught both Max and Bottas in a race this year on the track on the way to win. It's nuts that RB called it themselves when Lewis pitted for new tires to catch him again. He's not going to lose.

The constructors championship won't be decided until the second half. It's basically going to fall on how Bottas is holding up mentally and I don't think he's going to make it through this season without a breakdown. We're four races in and Lewis has had to defend him a few times already this year and he didn't want to let Lewis past him on team orders earlier today.......that said if Perez doesn't podium at Monaco they might be in trouble for the year.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Lewis is going to win the championship based on RB having the car to get ahead of him in races and he's still catching Max. This is the second time he's caught both Max and Bottas in a race this year on the track on the way to win. It's nuts that RB called it themselves when Lewis pitted for new tires to catch him again. He's not going to lose.

The constructors championship won't be decided until the second half. It's basically going to fall on how Bottas is holding up mentally and I don't think he's going to make it through this season without a breakdown. We're four races in and Lewis has had to defend him a few times already this year and he didn't want to let Lewis past him on team orders earlier today.......that said if Perez doesn't podium at Monaco they might be in trouble for the year.
Bottas will be fine. He just has to keep doing his job which is make Red Bull do things they don't want to.

If Perez manages to figure out the RB then I'd be a little more worried but its going to take a minute. Mercedes should have the upper hand at Monaco at this rate.

Lootha VanDraws

'The Night I Fell in Love' is the GOAT R&B album
Daps
Lewis said he learned a lot following behind Max, in teems of how Max drives the car and how to stay behind him.

Hmmm:mjgrin:

hqdefault.jpg

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Basically using max’ youth against him?

he is saying he knows more about how max drives i.e. anticipates. takes corners, defends positions, how he drives under pressure which kinds of corners he is good in and which ones he is bad in.

for example I find sweeping downhill right turns far harder than left ones and that affects my speed and angle of approach (on the autobahn).

useful ammo IMO

Last edited:

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Basically using max’ youth against him?
Probably able to see the lines he drives and how he attacks corners etc. Basically gives him ammo on how to approach attacking Max.

The last time he said that was about Sebastian in 2018 I believe.