The Official Formula 1 Thread šŸ

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
Perez with another disasterclass, should be fired for allowing yet another 2 v 1.
I don't know man. I don't think it matters who is in that second car, it's completely designed around Verstappen's driving style. He's been the only constant over the past 4ish years. His input has been developing that car. Perez isn't all that bad of a driver, and neither were Gasly and Albon.

PL368Z

All Star
Daps
I don't know man. I don't think it matters who is in that second car, it's completely designed around Verstappen's driving style. He's been the only constant over the past 4ish years. His input has been developing that car. Perez isn't all that bad of a driver, and neither were Gasly and Albon.
Perez not being a threat gave Lewis the win today, he wouldn't have pitted the second time around if perez was there

Anyway this season is highlighting the importance of having a competent second driver like Bottas.

And Newey doesnā€™t design his cars around specific drivers.

F K

All Star
Daps
Red bull should have tried harder to keep ricciardo, and if not they need to just keep someone in there longer than a season to figure it out.

As for max... he's just waiting for lewis to retire at this point. I think crofty said it best that he sounded like a sea captain fighting off a storm at sea on team radio. All that :demonic: energy is gone.:mjcry: is how he looks in these post race inteviews.

KillerB88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL - Cleveland Ave.
When lewis did this to Max in Hungary I saw the realisation that Lewis isn't to be fukked with in his eyes.

Keep an eye on Max's eyes during the interviews.

Not everyone bounces back from stuff like this.
I watch all the post race conferences. You can tell when Max is on edge. He constantly scratches the back of his neck and picks at the sole of his shoe. He's been doing that nonstop the past two races. He knows what it is.

calh45

Cal
Daps
I don't get why people think he'd jump into a new car with barely any testing and be blowing people out of the water. Albon had more than full season each in the Red Bull garage and Gasly was getting lapped in races before they were moved.

Someone needs to remind them that Bottas had the same "faster car" and couldn't keep up AND RB won the fastest lap of the race so it's Lewis, not the strategy, not the tires. He's just better.......and it's hilarious that Max always wins driver of the day without actually winning.