Lets Talk Laptops

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Need everyone assistance:

I have a Dell Inspiron 14, that I have had for less than 2 yrs. I bought it knowing I wasn't going to put pics, movies, videos or anything like that, just simple browsing. It was less than $250. I start grad school next month, however; I cant put the newest Microsoft updates because I need 8gb and only have 5 gb free space. So should I rock with it longer since I will only be using it to write papers (already have Microsoft office on it) or should I get a better laptop that has more than 32gb. I don't really want to get a new laptop because I need new tires, want to get a new phone, have books for grad school that I still need to get but I figured what's another $400? I've done all I can to free up space and it doesn't give me an option to use my portable drive for the Microsoft update

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Need everyone assistance:

I have a Dell Inspiron 14, that I have had for less than 2 yrs. I bought it knowing I wasn't going to put pics, movies, videos or anything like that, just simple browsing. It was less than $250. I start grad school next month, however; I cant put the newest Microsoft updates because I need 8gb and only have 5 gb free space. So should I rock with it longer since I will only be using it to write papers (already have Microsoft office on it) or should I get a better laptop that has more than 32gb. I don't really want to get a new laptop because I need new tires, want to get a new phone, have books for grad school that I still need to get but I figured what's another $400? I've done all I can to free up space and it doesn't give me an option to use my portable drive for the Microsoft update
usually you can replace the harddrive. Just buy a bigger harddrive.

If you need to know how to replace the harddrive, just look up "Dell inspiron 14 hard drive replacement"

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
usually you can replace the harddrive. Just buy a bigger harddrive.

If you need to know how to replace the harddrive, just look up "Dell inspiron 14 hard drive replacement"

Ok thanks I'm upset that I wasted a $50 gift card from best buy on the portable drive when I could have used it towards a new hard drive

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk all the acer, hp, and other bullshyt suggestions. Cop a Surface if your copping a PC. Otherwise get a Mac.

I love those surface pros, I thought about shelling out the money for grad school and calling it a day, I just don't want to regret the purchase

CBSwagga

All Star
Daps
I have an XPS 15 9560 with the Kaby Lake

It would be a PERFECT laptop if the screen was better. The response time is too high and so there is ghosting when playing games and watching movies. shyt is mad annoying and I feel angry that everything else about it is perfect and given the price they skimped on the quality of the screen. The images look fine its just that moving images look like shyt.

You got the FHD or the QHD? Heard the ghosting wasnt bad on the QHD. I'm in the fence about buying one. Any other recommendations?

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
fukk all the acer, hp, and other bullshyt suggestions. Cop a Surface if your copping a PC. Otherwise get a Mac.

What's the difference between a pro and the rest, particularly compared to HP? I have an older Mac and tbh I just prefer a PC over it