Lets Talk Laptops

C-NICE

Jiggy is the lifestyle
Daps
Reppin
From Atlanta to San Fran to LA 4now
Breh, unless you have some type of career or hobby that involves some kinda niche or that requires an extreme piece of hardware, WHY THE fukk would anyone buy a MacBook? Don't give me that no virus shyt either because I built my PC 5 years ago and haven't seen a hint of a virus. All you need to know about is basic computer maintenance...
That's the thing boy Mac probably ran the EXACT same way it always had out the box until the day it died. Macbooks aren't just good looking they are premium expense for a reason. That's like asking unless you are Jeff Gordon/Jimmy Johnson or racing why would you buy a Ferrari/BMW when you can get a fiat or minivan. Its dumb to say breh and the resale on Macs are top notch

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
mac need this too or just windows and nikka don't :what: me, a lot people don't know, why do you think that these companies rip people off by "fixing" their pc aka the same shyt you do:aicmon::umad:

Software/anti-virus runs and learning how to clear your temp files/cache's aren't things people casually are gonna learn about computers, but it's not a difficult thing to learn by any means. A Google search will yield you crazy results. Above all else, it's all about practicing smart Internet browsing.

joeychizzle

光復香港,時代革命
Daps
Reppin
I want the i7 HP Spectre X360 or the i7 surface pro 4. both them look sexy as hell but i don't even need that much performance.

Wayans Brehs

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I've seen too many people upgrade from their budget Windows laptop to a Macbook and then try to slander all Windows machines as a result. Buy a Windows laptop of comparable price/specs/build and then compare... The big difference in performance is really in the SSD in their Mac vs the mechanical drive in their Windows laptop. They never want to hear me though..

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Noone mentioned a Chromebook yet?

I've had one for 3 1/2 years. Most things are HTML5 nowadays so you don't need to download programs to watch Netflix, etc.

Spend $300 on a good Chromebook and put the rest in the stock market.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I've had one for 3 1/2 years. Most things are HTML5 nowadays so you don't need to download programs to watch Netflix, etc.

$300 for a good Chromebook? Could I use it for grad school?

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
$300 for a good Chromebook? Could I use it for grad school?
As long as you don't need any software for classes, you should be good. Google Docs + Google Sheets are good replacements for Word and Excel. I'd say 95% of what the average person does on a computer can be done online via a Chromebook.

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As long as you don't need any software for classes, you should be good. Google Docs + Google Sheets are good replacements for Word and Excel. I'd say 95% of what the average person does on a computer can be done online via a Chromebook.

I don't know what software I will need don't start until August, I'm assuming it's mostly writing papers, we use blackboard, does the chrome books not come with word or PowerPoint?

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
That's the thing boy Mac probably ran the EXACT same way it always had out the box until the day it died. Macbooks aren't just good looking they are premium expense for a reason. That's like asking unless you are Jeff Gordon/Jimmy Johnson or racing why would you buy a Ferrari/BMW when you can get a fiat or minivan. Its dumb to say breh and the resale on Macs are top notch
Sold my mid 2014 MBP this week for $1250 :wow:

Bought it when it launched for $1900 :wow:

Will be upgrading to the new Kaby Lake jawns next week :wow:

Will sell them in 2020 and leapfrog to the new generation for a few hunrdred bucks :wow:

DirtyMoney

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Which one breh ? I had one for like $!00 and it was slow as fukk

Never Forget

The legendary name is no more. Don't tag/quote me
Daps
Reppin
Don't message me
Depending on what screen size your looking for the Razer blade stealth 12.5 in is a good ultrabook if you can look past the bezels. Asus chromebook is a good chromebook if your going that route, The dell xps 13 is also worth checking out

Last edited:

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Which one breh ? I had one for like $!00 and it was slow as fukk
To be honest, anything with 4GB of RAM should be good.

My original Chromebook was the Samsung Chromebook 2012 version. Had 2GB of RAM and ran pretty slow. Then I got a refurb Acer c740 two years and I've been using it ever since. Nowadays, though almost all of the entry level Chromebooks are as powerful as the C740 I feel like. Things might get a little iffy around that brand new Chromebook for $120 price range but $200-300 should have you set for years. Updates happen in the background pretty frequently as well.