Lets Talk Laptops

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
That's the thing boy Mac probably ran the EXACT same way it always had out the box until the day it died. Macbooks aren't just good looking they are premium expense for a reason. That's like asking unless you are Jeff Gordon/Jimmy Johnson or racing why would you buy a Ferrari/BMW when you can get a fiat or minivan. Its dumb to say breh and the resale on Macs are top notch

Fiat or minivan :mjlol::hhh:

Good info in here

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I have an XPS 15 9560 with the Kaby Lake

It would be a PERFECT laptop if the screen was better. The response time is too high and so there is ghosting when playing games and watching movies. shyt is mad annoying and I feel angry that everything else about it is perfect and given the price they skimped on the quality of the screen. The images look fine its just that moving images look like shyt.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
Any good laptops purely for speed and music? I don't do too much of anything other than downloading music, watching YT or whatever, and research stuff, so I'm really only concerned with speed and space

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Any good laptops purely for speed and music? I don't do too much of anything other than downloading music, watching YT or whatever, and research stuff, so I'm really only concerned with speed and space

What is speed to you?

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
Hmmmm, not sure how to answer that tbh, but something where I don't necessarily have to add an SSD card just to make it faster.

Well, it's to the point where if you're wanting to see the most noticeable improvement in speed for normal stuff an SSD is your best bet. That doesn't mean you have to add a SSD later though. You can get a machine that comes with one already.

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
I have an XPS 15 9560 with the Kaby Lake

It would be a PERFECT laptop if the screen was better. The response time is too high and so there is ghosting when playing games and watching movies. shyt is mad annoying and I feel angry that everything else about it is perfect and given the price they skimped on the quality of the screen. The images look fine its just that moving images look like shyt.

I knew not to buy it, rather wait for the better Processor

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
I knew not to buy it, rather wait for the better Processor
Its a very good laptop otherwise. Probably one of the best buys you can buy for windows.

I'm just OCD about sound quality and image quality when it comes to my devices. Most people would not notice unless they really look for it.

I need somethIng for basic Internet surfing and typing papers.

Are acers any good?

Suggestions?
I had this Acer for a while. Just for what you're looking for, its decent. Doesn't hurt that it has a decent graphics card for the price.

Acer Aspire E 15, 7th Gen Intel Core i5, GeForce 940MX, 15.6" Full HD, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, Win 10
by Acer
Link: http://a.co/iKERBXu

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
Its a very good laptop otherwise. Probably one of the best buys you can buy for windows.

I'm just OCD about sound quality and image quality when it comes to my devices. Most people would not notice unless they really look for it.

I had this Acer for a while. Just for what you're looking for, its decent. Doesn't hurt that it has a decent graphics card for the price.

Acer Aspire E 15, 7th Gen Intel Core i5, GeForce 940MX, 15.6" Full HD, 8GB DDR4, 256GB SSD, Win 10
by Acer
Link: http://a.co/iKERBXu

The Dell XPS M1530 is my main computer

It got competition ASUS ZenBook Pro UX550VD | Laptops | ASUS Global

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
The Dell XPS M1530 is my main computer

It got competition ASUS ZenBook Pro UX550VD | Laptops | ASUS Global
:ohhh: That is a nice looking machine.

I have to test the touchpad, because that is why I switched to the xps from the acer. After using a mac mousepad these flimsy plastic mouse pads are most windows machines are Garbo. The xps mouse pad is decent. Also this one has a glass surface like the xps and mac so that is good. Still would want to test it out.

Just afraid to look at the price tag:mjcry:

Tunez

Lloyd Banks Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Southside, 2gz Up
:ohhh: That is a nice looking machine.

I have to test the touchpad, because that is why I switched to the xps from the acer. After using a mac mousepad these flimsy plastic mouse pads are most windows machines are Garbo. The xps mouse pad is decent. Also this one has a glass surface like the xps and mac so that is good. Still would want to test it out.

Just afraid to look at the price tag:mjcry:

No release date yet, starting price $1,299