Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Thats ashame...

HISTORY of the Bassa Script

Again don't know how true the red bolded is... Also I thought the Vai script is kinda recent and created by a man named Momolu Duwalu Bukele in the 1830s?

I could be mixing up Vah and Vai but im sure the Vai Script is older than the 1800s. I believe the Vai and Mandinka( we call em Mandingo) were two of the main Mande Groups that the rulers of mali,songhai, etc came from.

And with me being Liberian I think thats why i have the perspective I do on the history of Blacks in Africa and the Americas being that my culture was literally a mixture of Southern African American, Carribean, and Indiginous African culture. So my perspective on certain situations differ than say a Nigerian which most people use as the standard whem they talk about their experience with "Africans".

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I could be mixing up Vah and Vai but im sure the Vai Script is older than the 1800s. I believe the Vai and Mandinka( we call em Mandingo) were two of the main Mande Groups that the rulers of mali,songhai, etc came from.
Not a fan of Wikipedia... but.
Vai syllabary - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

^^States that its origins are 1830s.
And with me being Liberian I think thats why i have the perspective I do on the history of Blacks in Africa and the Americas being that my culture was literally a mixture of Southern African American, Carribean, and Indiginous African culture. So my perspective on certain situations differ than say a Nigerian which most people use as the standard whem they talk about their experience with "Africans".

Good point.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
“Timbúktu from the Terrace of the Traveller’s House”-1850's
click

“View of the City of Timbuctoo”[This is the first view of Timbuktu drawn by a European visitor.]
caillie5_zps8afb4144.jpg

'From the tower I had an extensive view over an immense plain of white sand, on which nothing grows except a few stunted shrubs, the mimosa ferruginea, and where the uniformity of the picture is only here and there broken by some scattered hills or banks of sand. I could not help contemplating with astonishment the extraordinary city before me, created solely by the wants of commerce, and destitute of every resource except what its accidental position as a place of exchange affords.'- René Caillié(1799-1838), Travels Through Central Africa to Timbuctoo, and Across the Great Desert, to Morocco, Performed in the Years 1824-1828, Vol. 2, p. 71. London, 1830.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent