Let's Talk About the Religious Right UPDATE 11/7/2020 - VINDICATION!!!

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Religion has gotten a bad name because of dumbasses like this who go to church yet contradict the reading in the Bible. These be the same who are salty about the Kaep protests (idolizing a flag) that’s why I’m not a member of a church but still believe in God

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Religion has gotten a bad name because of dumbasses like this who go to church yet contradict the reading in the Bible.
it has a bad name because it's 2017, and we dont share any other beliefs with bronze age goat herders besides the fallacious myths in the bible. the bible doesnt say anything about abortions, does it.

it's an amazing novel, and it should be left at that. its not a history book, its a story book

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
it has a bad name because it's 2017, and we dont share any other beliefs with bronze age goat herders besides the fallacious myths in the bible. the bible doesnt say anything about abortions, does it.

it's an amazing novel, and it should be left at that. its not a history book, its a story book

Your attempt to use era as a clincher is....odd. What do you think 2017 means in terms of doing good?

There were more genocides, purges, torturers, use of WMDs, and scientific experimentation on human beings in the 20th century than in any other century in human history. More deaths in war than in all of human history combined, and a higher % of those deaths civilian than ever before.

Technological knowledge is fairly recent, but so what? That doesn't show that we've gotten further as human beings or that we don't have something to learn from our elders. Philosophical knowledge to this day still goes back to Plato and Aristotle as the foundation of everything, and historically they're just as old as the Bible is.

I think you'd be well-off to do some historical research and understand where the roots of your own morality come from. Why aren't you in a society that practices human sacrifice or leaves babies exposed on mountainsides? Where does the concept of human equality or human dignity come from for you, and why do you believe in that rather than what most other societies have believed for most of history? Is human life sacred to you, or disposable?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your attempt to use era as a clincher is....odd. What do you think 2017 means in terms of doing good?

There were more genocides, purges, torturers, use of WMDs, and scientific experimentation on human beings in the 20th century than in any other century in human history. More deaths in war than in all of human history combined, and a higher % of those deaths civilian than ever before.

Technological knowledge is fairly recent, but so what? That doesn't show that we've gotten further as human beings or that we don't have something to learn from our elders. Philosophical knowledge to this day still goes back to Plato and Aristotle as the foundation of everything, and historically they're just as old as the Bible is.

I think you'd be well-off to do some historical research and understand where the roots of your own morality come from. Why aren't you in a society that practices human sacrifice or leaves babies exposed on mountainsides? Where does the concept of human equality or human dignity come from for you, and why do you believe in that rather than what most other societies have believed for most of history? Is human life sacred to you, or disposable?
all that technology, and no human has ever made it to 500 years old :dead:

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Y'all have mostly been a means of catharsis. I post a lot here because I'm trying to confirm that I'm not crazy. :kanyebp:

I'm still a Christian, and I still hold some pretty conservative social views (abortion is murder and should be rare, homosexuality is wrong), but I cannot endure right-wing evangelical thinking anymore.

I know some fools are going to come in and try to clown (@I_Got_Da_Burna :bpufedup: ) but I appreciate the opportunity to be open and honest about my feelings.

Hey bro, no idea how I missed this thread. You posted the week before hurricane irma. We must've been knee deep in some new revelation from the Mueller investigation.

Either way, we're glad that you were able to break away. A lot of folks go crazy trying to conform themselves to people/an organization that they know deep in their hearts that they don't rightfully belong to.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
all that technology, and no human has ever made it to 500 years old :dead:

And? What does that have to do with doing the right thing in the world?*

Which non-Biblically influenced society in recent memory would you have preferred to live in? Early 20th-century Japan? 18th-century India?

* I could have clapped back with "all that technology and we still can't create universes from scratch or make people better human beings, but I thought that wasn't really what was at the heart of your issues anyway

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And? What does that have to do with doing the right thing in the world?*

Which non-Biblically influenced society in recent memory would you have preferred to live in? Early 20th-century Japan? 18th-century India?

* I could have clapped back with "all that technology and we still can't create universes from scratch or make people better human beings, but I thought that wasn't really what was at the heart of your issues anyway
do you believe that the god in your bible murdered every firstborn child in egypt?**

that doesnt seem morally right to me. i resent christians who act like they have a monopoly on being good people because they take the bible seriously

* a 'yes or no' answer will do

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
do you believe that the god in your bible murdered every firstborn child in egypt?**

that doesnt seem morally right to me. i resent christians who act like they have a monopoly on being good people because they take the bible seriously

* a 'yes or no' answer will do

I don't think you would understand my answer without a longer clarification, otherwise you're almost certain to misinterpret. :yeshrug:

But I guess if you want to demand lack of clarity, "no" is more likely than "yes". :ehh:

It's irrelevant to my own moral actions though, because God never tells me to murder every firstborn child in Egypt, and He's quite clear that I have neither the right to do such a thing nor should I ever have the inclination.

And I don't believe that Christians have a monopoly on morality. But I certainly believe that most Western non-Christians fail to realize how much of their morality is shaped by the Bible. There are certain aspects of morality considered nearly universal today that wouldn't be so if the Bible hadn't shaped society. You just take that stuff for granted.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've said before that I'm not a Democrat. :kanyebp:

I believe on-demand abortions are immoral. It promotes a certain level of irresponsibility. If you can't afford a child, you shouldn't be having unprotected sex. :bpufedup:

I do, however, understand the argument of legal abortions being a stop-gap against back-alley coat-hanger abortions. :ld:
I also believe that if a woman gets pregnant as a result of rape, it should be up to her whether she wants to keep the child or not. :ld:

All things considered, I think that every conceived child should be given a chance to live.

I'm just against the idea of abortions as a crutch for behavioral problems. If you're sleeping around and get pregnant, it's not anyone's fault but yours.

Sex makes babies. :kanyebp:
The Bible isn't fully clear on when exactly life is life and if I remember correct a a person causing amiscarriage is treated like property not murder

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think you would understand my answer without a longer clarification, otherwise you're almost certain to misinterpret. :yeshrug:

But I guess if you want to demand lack of clarity, "no" is more likely than "yes". :ehh:

It's irrelevant to my own moral actions though, because God never tells me to murder every firstborn child in Egypt, and He's quite clear that I have neither the right to do such a thing nor should I ever have the inclination.

And I don't believe that Christians have a monopoly on morality. But I certainly believe that most Western non-Christians fail to realize how much of their morality is shaped by the Bible. There are certain aspects of morality considered nearly universal today that wouldn't be so if the Bible hadn't shaped society. You just take that stuff for granted.
i'll see you in the muslims' version of hell, we can continue our discussion there :jaymelo:

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bible Gateway passage: Numbers 5:11-31 - New International Version

If you suspect your woman (or women, since you could have multiple wives) cheated on you, you take her to a priest and he gives her a drink that will abort the pregnancy (if the baby ain't yours).

The Bible is pro-abortion for cheaters.:smugfavre:
christians can squirm and lie their way out of anything, including and up to the catholic church (one of god's kellyanne conways on earth) running a child molestation ring that would make hollywood blush

im curious if any christians in here would like to refute this passage :ehh: surely the baby of a cheating wife is 'still just an innocent baby that deserves a chance :mjcry:", right?

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
christians can squirm and lie their way out of anything, including and up to the catholic church (one of god's kellyanne conways on earth) running a child molestation ring that would make hollywood blush

im curious if any christians in here would like to refute this passage :ehh: surely the baby of a cheating wife is 'still just an innocent baby that deserves a chance :mjcry:", right?

You are on fire today aren't you? As it isnt a regular occurrence, dapped ...no reps left sorry.:lolbron: