Let's Talk About the Religious Right UPDATE 11/7/2020 - VINDICATION!!!

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
The most segregated time of the week is Sunday morning. :wow:

In my experience, evangelicals use the fact that many black churchgoers lean left to disparage black churches. Even if they believe the same things doctrinally.
This something I’m starting to notice more and more. One of my favorite theologians Dr.Voddie Baucham(Black dude), did a whole exegetical sermon on Black Liberation Theology, Cultural Marxism and how even though MLK achieved good things, he was a Marxist who had wonky theological views. To be fair, he did have a sermon in which he quickly broke down racism within the church, and he even named the historic racism within Southern Baptist circles and other reformed circles. But his main aim seems to be shouting down BLM, Cultural Marxism, and the Impending invasion of these ideas in the church. Even though most evangelicals are already opposed to those worldviews.

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Update:

Vindication feels so good. :mjcry::ahh:

Back when I was in my former church, my former pastor talked about him believing the JCPOA (Iran nuclear deal) was the event that began a 7-year countdown to Jesus' return (it involves Daniel 12 in the Bible; suffice it to say that it's rubbish.) He also believed that Trump was "God's choice", and was in place to stave off the worst effects of the last days. :francis:

He believed that Trump would be in office until Jesus' return. Those beliefs have been soundly disproven today. :blessed:

Never mind the fact that God apparently told him when Jesus was coming back, but didn't breathe a word about a worldwide pandemic in 2020. :francis:

Never mind the fact that Daniel 12 [apparently] says that the Anti-Christ will make an agreement with many at the beginning of this seven year period, and break it halfway in. In reality, the one who broke it (nearly halfway in, mind you) was Trump.:mjlol:

I'm pretty sure I'm rambling at this point, so I'll just say that I feel my decision to leave that church (and belief system) was validated today. :smugdraper:
Have your views on religion or politics changed since you made this thread? I remember when you made the OP but I can’t believe it’s been that long.

Baka's Weird Case

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Goon Squad - Catset
He believed that Trump would be in office until Jesus' return. Those beliefs have been soundly disproven today. :blessed:
you say that now but just wait till Jesus comes back in the lame duck period
full
:ufdup:

Daps
Reppin
704. Formerly 212 and 843.
Update:

Back when I was in my former church, my former pastor talked about him believing the JCPOA (Iran nuclear deal) was the event that began a 7-year countdown to Jesus' return (it involves Daniel 12 in the Bible; suffice it to say that it's rubbish.) He also believed that Trump was "God's choice", and was in place to stave off the worst effects of the last days. :francis:

Never mind the fact that God apparently told him when Jesus was coming back, but didn't breathe a word about a worldwide pandemic in 2020. :francis:

Never mind the fact that Daniel 12 [apparently] says that the Anti-Christ will make an agreement with many at the beginning of this seven year period, and break it halfway in. In reality, the one who broke it (nearly halfway in, mind you) was Trump.:mjlol:

I'm pretty sure I'm rambling at this point, so I'll just say that I feel my decision to leave that church (and belief system) was validated today. :smugdraper:

I have a co-worker who believes that Trump is the Anti-Christ and he was going to win the election in order to fulfill the prophecy. There's still a chance that Trump will still end up remaining President according to how these lawsuits and the electors vote.

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Have your views on religion or politics changed since you made this thread? I remember when you made the OP but I can’t believe it’s been that long.

I'd say yes. I think the biggest thing is that loss of certainly. I came to the conclusion that I didn't know or understand God as much as I thought I did.

What I did come to understand was that the Jesus I read about isn't anything like evangelicals today.

bnew

Veteran
Daps

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Update:

You have to bring this up to him in person or online. “So about that anti christ timeline?” :smugfavre:

Black Panther

Long Live The King
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
You have to bring this up to him in person or online. “So about that anti christ timeline?” :smugfavre:

Lol. That would be a completely fruitless convo, unfortunately. :mjlol:

He'd just Juelz about it and try to imply that I've walked away from God. You ever tried to confront someone who has that "I'm rarely if ever wrong" attitude? Add a good helping of self-righteousness and you're asking for a headache. :francis:

As a side note, it's so weird looking back at my posts in this thread. I was really going through it; y'all didn't know the half of it. :wow: I'm glad to say that I'm doing much, MUCH better now, in every sense. :blessed: