Veteran
Daps
tumblr_p97jrqPh491rx70ego1_500.jpg

.r.

Veteran
Daps
180531-Weill-Alt-right-site-hero_slcipg

Conspiracy Theories Are Eating This Alt Right-Friendly Site From the Inside
Gab says it’s a ‘free speech’ alternative to Twitter, which makes Nazis love it. Yet the site’s leaders say the left is planting fake Nazis to destroy it.

The picture of the noose surrounded by swastikas was the last straw. “It’s coming for you, are you excited?” a user on Gab wrote to Utsav Sanduja. Sanduja said he was calling the cops.

But Sanduja’s promise to alert law enforcement only made his opponents angrier.

Sanduja is the chief operating officer of Gab, a social media site beloved by the alt-right, including a vocal contingent of Nazis. The company bills itself as a “free speech” alternative to Twitter and Facebook. But the site’s anything-goes ethos seems to have chafed against its leadership; in recent weeks, members of Gab’s executive team have publicly railed against the site’s users, accusing some of sabotage and “PSYOPS,” with Gab execs threatening to call law enforcement on those users—a cardinal sin among some of the site’s “free speech” die-hards.

“What am I supposed to do? Not protect myself?” Sanduja told The Daily Beast.

From its August 2016 launch, Gab was open to the fringes. The social media company says it markets to everyone, not just the alt-right. But its logo, a cartoon frog, draws unavoidable comparisons to Pepe, the cartoon frog that has become the alt-right’s most recognizable meme. Its user base, which includes plenty of innocuous accounts, also includes virulently racist members whose posts have resulted in bans from other social networks. And Gab’s founder, Andrew Torba said he launched the company in response to perceived liberal bias on other social media sites.

“What makes the entirely left-leaning Big Social monopoly qualified to tell us what is ‘news’ and what is ‘trending’ and to define what ‘harassment’ means?” Torba told BuzzFeed shortly after the launch. “It didn’t feel right to me, and I wanted to change it, and give people something that would be fair and just.”

But the fringes who flocked to Gab became some of its earliest critics, with some questioning Torba’s motives in founding the site. Members of the Gab’s large anti-semitic wing noted that its url (Gab.ai) loosely translates to a Hebrew word meaning an assistant in a synagogue, and speculated that the site was actually a ruse by shadowy Jewish forces who would one day crush Gab’s user base in some unspecified fashion.

Daps
Reppin
Oakland
180531-Weill-Alt-right-site-hero_slcipg

Gab says it’s a ‘free speech’ alternative to Twitter, which makes Nazis love it. Yet the site’s leaders say the left is planting fake Nazis to destroy it.

The picture of the noose surrounded by swastikas was the last straw. “It’s coming for you, are you excited?” a user on Gab wrote to Utsav Sanduja. Sanduja said he was calling the cops.

But Sanduja’s promise to alert law enforcement only made his opponents angrier.

Sanduja is the chief operating officer of Gab, a social media site beloved by the alt-right, including a vocal contingent of Nazis. The company bills itself as a “free speech” alternative to Twitter and Facebook. But the site’s anything-goes ethos seems to have chafed against its leadership; in recent weeks, members of Gab’s executive team have publicly railed against the site’s users, accusing some of sabotage and “PSYOPS,” with Gab execs threatening to call law enforcement on those users—a cardinal sin among some of the site’s “free speech” die-hards.

“What am I supposed to do? Not protect myself?” Sanduja told The Daily Beast.

From its August 2016 launch, Gab was open to the fringes. The social media company says it markets to everyone, not just the alt-right. But its logo, a cartoon frog, draws unavoidable comparisons to Pepe, the cartoon frog that has become the alt-right’s most recognizable meme. Its user base, which includes plenty of innocuous accounts, also includes virulently racist members whose posts have resulted in bans from other social networks. And Gab’s founder, Andrew Torba said he launched the company in response to perceived liberal bias on other social media sites.

“What makes the entirely left-leaning Big Social monopoly qualified to tell us what is ‘news’ and what is ‘trending’ and to define what ‘harassment’ means?” Torba told BuzzFeed shortly after the launch. “It didn’t feel right to me, and I wanted to change it, and give people something that would be fair and just.”

But the fringes who flocked to Gab became some of its earliest critics, with some questioning Torba’s motives in founding the site. Members of the Gab’s large anti-semitic wing noted that its url (Gab.ai) loosely translates to a Hebrew word meaning an assistant in a synagogue, and speculated that the site was actually a ruse by shadowy Jewish forces who would one day crush Gab’s user base in some unspecified fashion.

What’s the matter snowflake? :mjgrin:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yall thought this Russia fascination with white supremacists came out of nowhere, huh?

I keep telling yall... :mjgrin:

back in teh communist days blcks had no issues visiting the ussr, they even had a university named patrice lumumba and mad africans studied there