The Deep State

A resurgence of white nationalism': Hate groups spiked in 2016
By Sara Ganim, Chris Welch, Nathaniel Meyersohn

Updated 2:08 PM ET, Wed February 15, 2017

170215103339-evropa-serve-your-people-exlarge-169.jpg

• [paste:font size="5"]

White nationalists recruiting students 05:06

Story highlights[/paste:font]

• The number of hate groups increased from 892 to 917 last year.
    • The number of anti-Muslim hate groups tripled from 34 to 101.
    • "The country saw a resurgence of white nationalism that imperils the racial progress we've made," the Southern Poverty Law Center wrote.
(CNN)Across the country, flyers are showing up on college campuses.

Some promote blatant neo-Nazi rhetoric, others are much more subtle.
"Protect your heritage." "Let's become great again." "Our future belongs to us." "White people, do something." "Serve your people."
They represent a less extreme white supremacist movement targeting the young and educated.
"They're racist, but they have fancy new packaging," said Brian Levin, director for the Center of Hate and Extremism at Cal State San Bernardino. "They learn to downplay the swastikas and get a thesaurus, so instead of white supremacy they use words like identitarian. It's just a repackaged version of white nationalism."
On Wednesday, the Southern Poverty Law Center, an Alabama-based organization that monitors hate crimes across the country, released its annual report on extremism in America. The report says the number of groups across the country increased in 2016 to 917, up from 892 in 2015. In 2011, SPLC recorded 1,018 active organizations, the highest tally it found in more than 30 years of tracking hate groups. That number had fallen to 784 in 2014.
The largest jump last year occurred in the number of anti-Muslim hate groups, which tripled from 34 in 2015 to 101.
The report singled out Donald Trump's pledge to bar Muslims from entering the country, his harsh language around immigration from Mexico, his appearance on conspiracy-theorist Alex Jones's radio program, and his engagement with white nationalists on Twitter as key moments that encouraged extremist groups during the campaign.
"Trump's run for office electrifed the radical right, which saw in him a champion of the idea that America is fundamentally a white man's country," wrote Mark Potok, a senior fellow at the SPLC. "Several new and energetic groups appeared last year that were almost entirely focused on Trump and seemed to live off his candidacy."
"The country saw a resurgence of white nationalism that imperils the racial progress we've made, along with the rise of a president whose policies reflect the values of white nationalists," Potok noted.
The White House did not respond to request for comment.
Conservative critics have charged that SPLC targets right-wing groups based on their ideology. SPLC says on its website that it characterizes hate groups as those having "beliefs or practices that attack or malign an entire class of people, typically for their immutable characteristics."
One of the groups named in the report is Identity Evropa, run by Nathan Damigo, a 30-year-old Iraq war veteran and student at Cal State Stanislaus in northern California.
Damigo told CNN that in the past 18 months, he's targeted 40 colleges across the country trying to bring younger people into his group. He says he's recruited about 60 college kids to join the group, which now measures in the hundreds.
170215103344-evropa-lets-become-great-again-exlarge-169.jpg

"Prior to 1965, America was a white country, a country for European people," Damigo told CNN when he sat down with us on the Stanislaus campus in December. "What's actually happening right now is that we're being replaced in our own country."
"We want to combat the diversity cult that has propagated itself not only on college campuses but throughout much of America," he said.
In 2007, Damigo was convicted of armed robbery for robbing and pointing a gun at a cab driver he thought was Iraqi.
Damigo says it was before his views on race changed, and a result of PTSD.
"I spent two years in Iraq," he said. "I had a lot of issues coming back and when that happened I was not unfortunately in the best state of my life. It's not something I'm proud of, it's not something I'm happy about but I been back from Iraq for a couple weeks and unfortunately I didn't know where I was, I flipped out on the guy and it was a terrifying thing, for him, it was a terrifying thing for me and it's something I have unfortunately something to live with for the rest of my life."
He said he was sorry for what happened, but has not apologized to the victim.
"Just like the middle ages, when armies would lay siege to a castle or an institution," he said.
His Twitter handle is "Fashy Haircut," as in Fascist.
For now, Identity Evropa, is relatively small.
"Nathan Damigo is ... an extraordinary irritant, but nothing more yet," Levin said. "What will be interesting to see is whether he gets traction with his hit and miss and hit and run presentations and leafletting at campuses up and down the state."

Daps
Reppin
Oakland

Yup. As i've posted before, I was a known player in the FGC in the early-mid 2000's - mainly for street fighter. I stopped fukkin with it for years but i popped back up a couple of years ago when street fighter 5 dropped. I've noticed some obvious changes at shoryuken.com since i've left :mjpls:

The SF5 community is heavy on reddit now and i notice a lot of reddit slang among the FGC. The most obvious nod to the racist side of reddit is using the term "Low IQ" when describing a character that is "easy" to play with. When i went to kick it with my boy and his homies (all non-black - mainly asian and white), and i heard somebody say "R. Mika is such a low iq character, dude!", my ears perked up. The low iq "meme" is heavy among the racist whites online circles like reddit, FORchan, etc.

Mixing asian americans (HABITUAL social status seekers and white daddy's obedient admirers) with the racism of reddit is a recipe with a predictable outcome. The funny thing is right now BLACKS are currently heavily represented in the SF5 scene in america:

About 3 of the top 10 american players are black.
One of the top SF5 personalities is black.
One of the top commentators is black.
And one of the game developers responsible for PR within the community is a black/rican dude.

This is a first :whoo:

Last edited:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
FBI arrests man in Myrtle Beach allegedly planning attack 'in the spirit of Dylann Roof'

FBI arrests man in Myrtle Beach allegedly planning attack 'in the spirit of Dylann Roof'
Thursday, February 16th 2017, 11:15 am ESTThursday, February 16th 2017, 12:30 pm EST
By Ian Cross, Digital Content Manager
CONNECT

Benjamin McDowell. (Source: J. Reuben Long Detention Center)

The Temple Emanu-El Conservative Synagogue in Myrtle Beach (Source: Lisa Gresci)

MYRTLE BEACH, SC (WMBF) – A man with connections to a white supremacy group was arrested in Myrtle Beach Wednesday after purchasing a gun from an undercover FBI agent, apparently intending to commit an attack “in the spirit of Dylann Roof.”

MORE

Benjamin Thomas Samuel McDowell, 29, from Conway, was arrested at around 5 p.m. Wednesday by the FBI, according to records from the J. Reuben Long Detention Center.

On December 26, 2016, McDowell posted to Facebook a message: “I love love to act what u think,” followed by a link to the Temple Emanu-El Conservative Synagogue in Myrtle Beach, according to court documents. Horry County Police indicated to the FBI that McDowell had established White Supremacy Extremist connections while serving in prison in South Carolina for various criminal offenses. He also had tattoos indicating an affiliation with these groups. Read more about McDowell's criminal past here.

According to the federal complaint document, on January 5, 2017, McDowell posted to Facebook an anti-semetic screed referencing Dylann Roof, which included the statement: “you want to post if you ain’t got the heart to fight for Yahweh like dylann roof did you need to shut the f***** up…”

Dylann Roof was sentenced to death in January after being found guilty in the murder of nine African-American parishioners at the Emanuel AME Church in Charleston in June of 2015. Read more stories related to Roof here.

On January 6, the FBI found a message from McDowell on Facebook Instant Messenger revealing that he requested an “iron,” a coded term for a gun.

McDowell first met with the undercover FBI agent on January 12, believing that the agent “handled problems for the Aryan Nations,” the court document states. The agent met with McDowell at a Myrtle Beach hotel and discussed obtaining a gun, saying that he didn’t want it being traced back to him. McDowell said he didn’t want an attack coming back to him either, and he wanted to be “scot-free.” He emphasized that he did not want to get caught and go back to jail.

McDowell went on to say that “I got the heart to do that s***, but I don’t have to the good training,” the document states. He told the agent he sought a way to conduct an attack on non-whites without getting caught. He continued: “If I could do something on a f***** big scale and write on the f***** building or whatever, ‘In the spirit of Dylann Roof.’” McDowell told the officer he had not decided on a place or time to conduct the attack.

The next day, McDowell requested in a phone call with the agent a .40 caliber handgun to conduct an attack on an unknown location outside the county where he lived, the complaint states.

After another racist Facebook post and more conversations with the agent, McDowell planned to meet again in person to discuss the plan for the attack, according to the document.

The complaint states that on February 15, McDowell met with the agent as planned and purchased a .40 caliber Glock, the firing pin of which had been shaved down without McDowell’s knowledge, and hollow point ammunition.

Later that same day, agents saw McDowell holding a bag in the parking lot of the Hampton Inn in Myrtle Beach, and he was arrested and searched, the document states. Agents found a marijuana cigarette, a cell phone, the handgun and the ammunition.

McDowell appeared in a federal courtroom in Florence for an initial appearance on a charge of felon in possession of a firearm or ammunition. The prosecution requested a preliminary hearing and detention hearing by held at the same time, Tuesday, February 21 at 2:30 p.m. McDowell had not hired an attorney and was represented by a state-appointed attorney. McDowell will be booked at the Florence County Detention Center.

Rabbi Avi Perets of the Temple Emanu-El Conservative Synagogue in Myrtle Beach said he was not able to comment at this time under advice of the FBI, but said his hat was off to the police and he is beyond thankful that this potential threat was caught and stopped.

Copyright 2017 WMBF News. All rights reserved.

@Shook @Raymond Burrr @Red Shield @satam55 @houston911 @Sagat @Trajan

Last edited:

Y2Dre

Melanated God
Supporter
Daps
What exactly is white victimhood? :skip:

Is that when loser ass cacs too stupid to take advantage of anything blame minorities and affirmative action :skip:

When straight cac males fail in life despite having the world handed to them on a silver platter, so they make up reasons why they failed instead of blaming their own ineptitude.

Last edited: