Let’s talk about the current video game landscape

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Ahh…. The “im above and and im just trolling everyone else i swear :hubie:“ verbiage that everyone is gonna come in here and say. :mjlol:
Compare our posts.

You saw the op and decided to seriously argue that Xbox centric writers are all paid shills while all PlayStation journos do it just cause Sony is so amazing.

I came in to laugh at your goofy ass.

We are not the same :mjlol:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I rarely visit this section because of the back and forth nonsense. I said in another thread that this section has turned into one of the worst. Folks will literally flat out lie and be dishonest when it comes to defending the side of their favorite console. Even if it's just trolling, it's low quality trolling and I hope we can get some new mods to clean this section up.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I like to console war, but it's become less entertaining now.

The industry as a whole has evolved into a different beast. Just like everything that becomes super popular.

I now duck reviews, previews and barely read these threads, discords, text, reddit or tweets on games because people just complain and really don't play anything more than popular AAA games.

The gaming news outlets are booty, it's all click bait incel and social justice. The players are all super soft and want to be cuddled and the stan's are unbending and unreasonable.

The dev's and publishers aren't much better either.

I use to be super connected to gaming, gaming circles, news, leaks and all that. In the recent months though.... I'm getting more joy just doing games like I did back in the day. Ignore reviews and meta scores, avoiding hype and just playing through my own lens without it being tainted by others.

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
95% of my gaming is via Game Pass, so I'm not worried about getting burned on misinformation and such.

Console warring can be fun but if I'm being honest, sony stans can get a bit whiny in response to acquisitions.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
im probably one of the few posters that enjoy console wars lol
plus you can tell when a thread is about console wars or a legit conversation about some game.

For example , Horizon just came out and nobody mentions xbox there (that i know of)
and i imagine the same happened when Halo came out .

Xbox has its own dedicated thread just as playstation does, and i dont see them going off-rails.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
im probably one of the few posters that enjoy console wars lol
plus you can tell when a thread is about console wars or a legit conversation about some game.

For example , Horizon just came out and nobody mentions xbox there (that i know of)
and i imagine the same happened when Halo came out .

Xbox has its own dedicated thread just as playstation does, and i dont see them going off-rails.

:francis:

Not true at all, xbox players don't typically go into playstation exclusive game thread to bash or downplay the game, and when they do it's usually months later in the games life.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
:francis:

Not true at all, xbox players don't typically go into playstation exclusive game thread to bash or downplay the game, and when they do it's usually months later in the games life.
No, I haven't read this thread, I was just curious when this tweet came across my timeline and I know how important this game is to PS fans, so I just wanted to check in.

Not even 24 hours :mjlol:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Is it not insane to anyone else how much of the online gaming community is constantly in a back and forth?
The console wars used to be “my system of choice is better than yours because I say so.”, but now it’s well beyond that tolerable simplicity.
The amount of misinformation, over-exaggerations, doublespeak, I’ll-fitting comparisons etc..
Not to mention the media, and their clear bias towards certain platforms. I like Kinda funny, but their overemphasis of GamePass is so transparent, especially from Greg Miller. Like, come on, man. Destin Legarie stay saying some I’ll-informed shyt etc..

How does my Coli brehs feel about this?

For me this shyt is slowly stealing the joy I grew up with reading/listening to video game discussions.
And some y’all are guilty too.:unimpressed:
I've yet to encounter someone that owns an Xbox, uses Game Pass, and legitimate doesn't like the service. The biggest critics of Game Pass typically don't own an Xbox or don't use it. I mean you might not believe it but I'm a PlayStation gamer. That's my preferred platform of choice.
games.jpg

About 60% of my achievements / trophies are on PlayStation platforms. About 30% on Xbox. About 10% on Steam.

Just because you prefer one platform doesn't mean you can't appreciate what another does. Someone can like PlayStation and also like what Game Pass is doing. The more I use subscription services the more my thinking evolved on them to the point it's my preferred method of media consumption.

I'd rather sub to Crunchyroll and Funimation than buy anime on DVDs and Blu-Rays.
I'd rather sub to Netflix than buy movies and TV shows.
I'd rather sub to Spotify than buy individual albums.

I mean as long as the option exist I'm never going back on any of those services. I'll be a subscriber for life. I can easily see Game Pass reaching that level if it keeps getting improved.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean, he literally has been paid by microsoft, not some conspiracy shyt. I’ve never seen Greg or Tim do actual shows for sony

parris-lillyono-1624032905298.jpg
I’ve seen him praising lots of Sony games so he’s cool in my book

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it not insane to anyone else how much of the online gaming community is constantly in a back and forth?
The console wars used to be “my system of choice is better than yours because I say so.”, but now it’s well beyond that tolerable simplicity.
The amount of misinformation, over-exaggerations, doublespeak, I’ll-fitting comparisons etc..
Not to mention the media, and their clear bias towards certain platforms. I like Kinda funny, but their overemphasis of GamePass is so transparent, especially from Greg Miller. Like, come on, man. Destin Legarie stay saying some I’ll-informed shyt etc..

How does my Coli brehs feel about this?

For me this shyt is slowly stealing the joy I grew up with reading/listening to video game discussions.
And some y’all are guilty too.:unimpressed:
Who cares just play the games you enjoy on the platform of your choice. Some of y’all are way to invested in video games