Let's talk about it.... Is it really social conditioning if men prefer light skin women?

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Spin off from the Gab Union thread.

I say if you put 5 light skin and 5 dark skin girls in a line up, most men would take the light skin women :yeshrug:

These can be men here in America, men in another country that has no form of media, men of all ethnicities, etc. However there's a large number of white men who LOVE dark skin women, but they never get any attention. But they're out there.

I compare this to most women preferring tall men over 6 feet. In a line up the shorter dudes would get picked last. The only difference is, no one gives a fukk how men feel. Cold world.

Disclaimer: this is not a bash dark skin women thread. I know some people say we're "conditioned" and I say that's simply not true. Men just like what they like. Me personally I like em brown to light brown. But I just don't think it's a conditioning. All the most popular girls in school were usually the pretty light skin chick. Doesn't mean the other girls were ugly, just that she was the prettiest.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
stop being a fukking idiot and i won't have to tell you about yourself.
didn't you say you were leaving? you can't even stay off a forum. you're weak

Look at you, emotional. And you insecure, but I aint care to call you out on it.

And I did leave :mjgrin:

Moody

Faroole ii geeya
Daps
Reppin
Puntland
If it isn't genetic then it's literally social conditioning or a combination of both.

In this case it's clearly social conditioning. Light skin happens to be closer to the white end of the spectrum and that is generally the group of people who have conventionally owned human perception for at least a few centuries.

Give it twenty years and a whole crop of kids won't have those perceptions and you'll see how quickly things change. And that's only because social media has destroyed any one group owning perception of beauty.