Let's talk about how 50 Cent actually is the mogul that Jay-Z pretends to be..

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dwillhuh:
I didn't realize both of you guys were jay-z's financial advisors . You don't know any of the specifics of jays contracts and various deals. You don't mention livenation which gets part of jays concert money and other stuff . I applaud jay for his hustle but stop acting like you know more than you do .

50 and diddy getting stakes in ciroc and vitamin water and making big money off that is too me more impressive than what jay did . The nets deal was a no Brainer to make money , a basketball team moving into a basketball City in a new arena in a major market who's shocked that the nets value jumped up incredibly .50 and diddy got involved in more risky businesses and succeeded .

And with 50s masters he's had more success musically than jay so why sell them to him if your interscope ?

For someone calling me jay zs advisor how you know the details for the 50 can't deals huh

For the record 50 doesn't own his masters interscope does, please stop spreading misstruths to make a point

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
:what:

J. Cole, Rita Ora, Alexis Jordan and Willow Smith ALL have platinum singles in a 2 year span

Jay's on that international grind now, hip hop ain't all he got.

Yeah... and who signed Rihanna to Def Jam?

stop it, it's disgusting.

But they don't have platinum albums though :50haha:

Banks, Buck and Game all have platinum albums under the G Unit umbrella :50haha:

:50haha: at you having resort to singles to big up Larry Nation because compared to G Unit in their prime, Roc nation's actual album sales is :flabbynsick:

Griffith

Falcon of Light
Daps
Reppin
Falconia
But they don't have platinum albums though :50haha:

Banks, Buck and Game all have platinum albums under the G Unit umbrella :50haha:

:50haha: at you having resort to singles to big up Larry Nation because compared to G Unit in their prime, Roc nation's actual album sales is :flabbynsick:
Different eras, no one goes platinum these days cept for 5 rappers. You know damn well none of G-Unit excluding 50 would have gone plat if they dropped in 2012.

Even Cole's doing better #'s than 50 right now :umad:

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
only a person who collects a paycheck and has never run a business themselves would write such dross.....you sound like someone that learned about business through the E channel

Nobody worth that kind of money is pretending, you do not get into that kind of position by being lucky no matter how hard you may wish to convince yourself.....

As a black man I say Kudos to 50 and Jay Z, because having run my own business I think I can appreciate more than you how hard it is

Its obvious you dont have a business brain because if you did the things that you are pointing up as flaws I can instantly see as brilliant business strategy...

The Nets situation is a masterstroke ..... name one of the other minority owners?..... you cant.... most people cant people mention the Nets and even before you think about the owner you think about Jay Z...

He made a miniscule investment in a team and has leveraged an amazing amount of influence with his small stake, the 50/50 club he built in the new stadium alone would have brought his investment back, the amount of publicity alone he has garnered from his small stake is worth 100 times what he paid.....

In business terms you may not understand its about return on investment that is what a real investor is interested in ....people do not invest fundamentally "to be the owner" but to make money....simpleton

Hes probably the only investor in that franchise seeing a return on his investment.....if I were one of the other minority owners Id be pissed

Only someone that hasnt got a clue about business talks that nonsense about "being a boss"..... I would rather own 5% of Apple than 100% of my own company

You do realize that he was one of the backers of FELA the broadway play that was successful and toured all over the world,

you do realize that he is business partners with Deniro and Bono, so your belief that everything he does is just a branding exercise is nonsense

Its irrelevant to me who is the better business man between him and 50 because I dont think on those terms, but the reasons you gave shows you have absolutely zero understanding of the business world

:obama::salute:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Jay is WAY more successful than Fif. I say that while I currently hate what Jay-Z has become.

50 will always be infinitely more entertaining and relatable to me, as in, its fun to hear him talk trash and rationalize things. He refuses to change his knuckle-headed ways and I love it. Hes his own worst enemy and only stifles his own growth by being stubborn. Hes also not scared to speak his mind. Jay is too coy and "trendy", its a bit childish at times. He doesnt say ANYTHING, ever. Its clear that his every move is calculated. But I still respect Jays hustle no matter what. Its incredible what hes done.

eastside313

Superstar
Daps

J. Cole, Rita Ora, Alexis Jordan and Willow Smith ALL have platinum singles in a 2 year span

Hmmm la ried and jay z was at def jam. I wonder which one of em would be more likely to be responsible for Rhianna.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Jay is WAY more successful than Fif. I say that while I currently hate what Jay-Z has become.

50 will always be infinitely more entertaining and relatable to me, as in, its fun to hear him talk trash and rationalize things. He refuses to change his knuckle-headed ways and I love it. Hes his own worst enemy and only stifles his own growth by being stubborn. Hes also not scared to speak his mind. Jay is too coy and "trendy", its a bit childish at times. He doesnt say ANYTHING, ever. Its clear that his every move is calculated. But I still respect Jays hustle no matter what. Its incredible what hes done.

Jay-Z had a 7 year head start. No to discredit the man and his empire but he is more of a marketing tool/branding guy. Most if not most of his ventures are tied to music which isn't necessarily a bad thing....just that everything about this guy seems to be built using leverage....the only business decision I :whew: for is signing Rihanna

Rocawear = Joint venture with Dame

Kanye = Championed by Dame but he rides his coatails today

50 is more driven and focused to me, after having the last debut in hiphop. He immediately dropped a group album and shifted focus from himself and put the whole crew on. Vitamin Water deal (Jay has never cracked the 100 mill/yr income mark). Co-Founded and raised $200 mill Cheetah Vision which is producing movies with the bigggest names in Hollywood. Street King an energy shot over promoting liquor. Founded SMSAudio and Acquired a Tech company called KonoAudio. Founded SMSpromotions.

It all depends what style of business you prefer, I would liken 50 to a start up looking to dominate and always taking aggressive action.

Jay strikes me more of a guy who really is all about positioning, leverage and branding. So think more an established company with a lot of share holders and an image to keep.

McPiff

#goat
Daps
Beyonce lost more from that Jay relationship until recently, advertisers and etc where not messing with her.

before Jay she had a pepsi deal comparable to Britney Spears like 75 million, Jay gained media acceptance and intrigue which led to the budweiser and etc endorsements as well as tabloid and paparazzi coverage.

No way Jay would be as popular sitting on Jay Leno and etc without Beyonce its 'cool and safe' co-sign, Beyonce also lost sex appeal as well as other sh1t.

Jay said 'Im living proof crime does pay' then this texan church girl married him, the execs dont like that sh1t.
i bet you were laying on your stomach, with your legs in the air while typing that shyt huh?:mjpls:

fakkit :pacspit:

:dwillhuh:
I didn't realize both of you guys were jay-z's financial advisors . You don't know any of the specifics of jays contracts and various deals. You don't mention livenation which gets part of jays concert money and other stuff . I applaud jay for his hustle but stop acting like you know more than you do .

50 and diddy getting stakes in ciroc and vitamin water and making big money off that is too me more impressive than what jay did . The nets deal was a no Brainer to make money , a basketball team moving into a basketball City in a new arena in a major market who's shocked that the nets value jumped up incredibly .50 and diddy got involved in more risky businesses and succeeded .

And with 50s masters he's had more success musically than jay so why sell them to him if your interscope ?

So let me guess you must be 50's financial advisor right? :mjpls:

A lot of :smartdumb: nikkas in this thread.

my man Tron hasn't lost a step :mjpls::old:

:salute: breh. for making the same type of threads for 6 years straight :wow:

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love

What did Jay have to do with Rihanna? NOTHING...

Jay being president of Def Jam is like Jeezy being VP at Atlantic...it's just a title that sounds good, You acting like he's LA Reid,Tall Israeli or Kevin Liles...or even an Akon

he's MJ status for his ability to judge talent...if jay backs you, you're destined to never amount to shyt.

see the following: Memphis Bleek,Pittsburg Slim, Young Chris, Larry Johnson,Sebastian Telfair

Remember, Jay didn't fukk with Kanye til he became a success

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
And do people realize how similar those livenation deals are to 360 deals . :deadmanny: not saying jay isn't making money but the reason he tours so much must have something to do with all the money livenation gave him .

Out of all the big artists who fukk with Live Nation, Jay got the worst deal out of the lot.

Live Nation owns him and his music for the next 10 years.