Lets say Biggie debuted this year...

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
this board and people of similar ilk would dismiss him as a mixtape rapper that "cant make tracks".

and unless hes backed by puffy or somebody, he would be boxed out of the game while the true all-time greats like kendrick, drake, j.cole, etc "dominate" the airwaves & award shows.

he'd get no play on hot 97 because he would be seen as "minor league".

theres no way he could survive such a competitive scene like today's rap game. rap has evolved so much since then.

Having a young, aggressive industry impresario like Puff behind him only helps....and you think Big didn have "swag"? If you're just going by his looks, lets not try to act like cats like 2chainz, Weezy, and many recent stars of the past few years had runway model looks.

eh, i remember wayne being a hearthrob back in the hot boy days, before he started looking like a scare-crow.

but then again, that was before he was taken seriously as a solo artist, so it doesnt coincide with his "run".

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
If RTD dropped today, with that early 90s sound and subject matter, with no attempt whatsoever to appeal to what's mainstream today, BIG would be Roc Marciano.

• Dap
Reactions: EA

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
So Puff is young in 2014?

Not a single person you named have any sense of style. Neither did Big. Puff put him in Versace and suits.

DO TELL.
http://www.thecoli.com/threads/lets...e-negatives-in-the-gina-thompson-video.12000/

AINT IT THE TRUTH?

I think :snoop: would have done well in this era. Party music, laid back lyrics, sings a bit but won't simp on a record, and if he was fighting a murder charge, there'd be interest. It'd be like 50 and Ja (with Drake playin' Ja's role). Snoop would take what Drake does and be 10x better at it, and all the rap fans starving for change would back him on it.

since when did 50 cent do jarule's style better than him?

youre on your own there.

I disagree. Dude is basically doing all that now, and plenty of rappers catch cases that do nothing for their careers. Mainstream fans today don't like aggression or creativity; these were two elements that were critical to Snoop's success.

mainstream fans like whatever is spoon-fed to them.

and they get up more for aggression & creativity actually.

Last edited:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Drake being considered the pinnacle of rap right now is wrong on so many levels :snoop:

I'm confused breh. I thought the point you were making was that Snoop would take what Drake is doing, aka making simp music, and do it 100% better.

Uncle Snoop taught us not to love them hoes and it ain't no fun if the homies can't fukk too. You trying to tell me Uncle Snoop would be a simp in 2014 :damn:

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
mark my words.

by next year, the next big industry plant will be an agressive street rapper that really aint bout chit, and pushes a bunch of agendas on the low-low.

he will be credited with saving hip-hop. it'll prolly be a new york dude too. that'll make it seem even more legit.

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
If Big debuted this year he'd likely blow up and get heralded for "bringing new york back" ... ain't like we're talking about GZA or some shyt, it's fukking Biggie...he still has all the qualities to be a major star in the game to this day, he's not some ole boring outdated nyc rippity rapper...had a dynamic flow and delivery, mad charisma, and hitmaking ability..was versatile as fukk...Ross has basically rode an upper mid card run for like 5 years straight now doing Biggie-Lite...the genuine article would be even bigger...Biggie today would be like a more dynamic Ross but with transcendent hit single ability (the thing that's kept Ross from the top of the card IMO)

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
I'm confused breh. I thought the point you were making was that Snoop would take what Drake is doing, aka making simp music, and do it 100% better.

Uncle Snoop taught us not to love them hoes and it ain't no fun if the homies can't fukk too. You trying to tell me Uncle Snoop would be a simp in 2014 :damn:

:scusthov: never that

What I meant was remember how soft the game was before 50 came through with GRODT? Ja was on his "What Would I Be Without You" shyt.

Fif came through and took shyt to the gutter again, but mixed in some of the singing/harmonizing that Ja was running the game with. Snoop would be on his pimp shyt and do the same...basically be more believable than Drake when on the street stuff, but also be #HOH when it came time to sing a little.

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
you nikkas sucking bigs dikk wayy too much..

you think a fred da godson clone type nikka will flourish today with his ''need an oxygen tank flow after every bar'' :rudy: foh...

hoes will clown him for being an ugly fat nikka, be another red cafe type rapper on Puffs label...