Lets say Biggie debuted this year...

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
I think :snoop: would have done well in this era. Party music, laid back lyrics, sings a bit but won't simp on a record, and if he was fighting a murder charge, there'd be interest. It'd be like 50 and Ja (with Drake playin' Ja's role). Snoop would take what Drake does and be 10x better at it, and all the rap fans starving for change would back him on it.
I disagree. Dude is basically doing all that now, and plenty of rappers catch cases that do nothing for their careers. Mainstream fans today don't like aggression or creativity; these were two elements that were critical to Snoop's success.

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
I disagree. Dude is basically doing all that now, and plenty of rappers catch cases that do nothing for their careers. Mainstream fans today don't like aggression or creativity; these were two elements that were critical to Snoop's success.

But couldn't you have said that about the early 00's when 50 dropped. You had Nelly and Ja killing the charts. Luda was a beast, but was just having fun on the mic. Lots of R&B/Rap collabos. Snoop would get a shot because he can channel a bit of what's popular now with some street shyt, and he'd have the Dre cosign.

Also, the current version of Snoop is nowhere near what early-90s Snoop was. I agree the current Snoop couldn't break into this era with a lot of popularity. Early 90s Snoop tho...

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
But couldn't you have said that about the early 00's when 50 dropped.
Aggression, not really. Creativity, hell no. You look at the rap albums of the early 00s, it's varied as fukk. Now its all a little watered down and derivative. Even Yeezus, which is supposed to be this creative tour de force, was just a low key rip off of Death Grips :yeshrug: U couldnt really say that about Ludacris, or 50, or any of the top brehs from the 90s/early 00s.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
He would have been sh*tted on for 2 reasons:

1. He rolls with Puff
2. He doesn't fit swag image of today's rappers

probably. for one, no one rolling with Puff can even compete with his attention whoring to a point where they'd blow and cats arent really feeling Puff like that these days. He's tolerated because he has $$ and history backing him up. But Puff touching your project these days is like stepping into quicksand

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
migos-versace.jpg

6967995223_0973b01eba_z.jpg

cZ6gJoBwQ8efHIng4jhg_Versace_shades.jpg

:usure:

You picked the most swagless pics of BIG :snoop:

Dude looked like a clown in that shyt and was just thinking he was fly because of the brand name

C-Styles

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Windy City
What do you think?

I think of it like this, If Ross can be popular with minimal skill, then Biggie would have def FLOURISHED with ease, there's no question, J.Cole gets away with doing 90's style sounding music, then most def Biggie would have done well for himself and that's a positive thing.

DStyles

Vegan
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY/Manchester,UK
All I know is that he wouldn't be fukking with the GOAT Champagne Papi.

Would have been to p*ssy to even ask for that Drake stimulus package.

Real talk, RTD needs a Drake verse. Big Poppa Ft. Drake :yes:

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
I think :snoop: would have done well in this era. Party music, laid back lyrics, sings a bit but won't simp on a record, and if he was fighting a murder charge, there'd be interest. It'd be like 50 and Ja (with Drake playin' Ja's role). Snoop would take what Drake does and be 10x better at it, and all the rap fans starving for change would back him on it.

Breh, Snoop was in them streets though. Mentioning Snoop in the same sentence as Drake is wrong on so many levels breh :wtf: