Let's remind ourselves of Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway

Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
wasn't there a thread on sohh called "penny could dunk without jumping" or some shyt and had all kinds of ridiculous exaggerations about him? :mjlol:

dude really was amazing but he certainly gets an extra boost from the nostalgia.

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
There was a guy I went to H.S. with during that time who looked too much like him. He even was that kid who had the latest Penny kicks/gear before everyone else. :mindblown: Dude does commercials now

If they make a Biopic on Penny , you've heard it first.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
I can never forget him...he did a crazy comeback one time during those Magic playoff games...94 or 95. His shoes are what we ALL WANTED at one point:laugh: Circa..96 and 97 especially.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
wasn't there a thread on sohh called "penny could dunk without jumping" or some shyt and had all kinds of ridiculous exaggerations about him? :mjlol:

dude really was amazing but he certainly gets an extra boost from the nostalgia.

dude was all nba 1st team his 2nd and 3rd seasons. That isn't nostalgia. Dude was top 5 his second season. He was blasting off then his knee killed him

OGBobbyJohnson

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Tri State Area
My fav player of all time word to shorty doowop in Sunset Park..I was a Penny stan as a kid in the 90's..Wish he could've stayed healthy
This is still the illest move i've ever seen on the court like...how did he think of that move..he spun counterclockwise but kept the ball in his right hand & pulled up for the jumper :mindblown::wow:

Last edited:

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
My fav player of all time..I was a Penny stan as a kid in the 90's..Wish he could've stayed healthy

This is still the illest move i've ever seen on the court like...how did he think of that move..he spun counterclockwise but kept the ball in his right hand & pulled up for the jumper :mindblown::wow:
Never seen anyone else do that one in person or otherwise.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps

That was a classic thread one that I wish got carried over here...