Let's remind ourselves of Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway

J-MIL

Fly Sh!t Only
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, The 100's
Penny was my fav player after MJ thru the 90's. I'd take him over Bron easily. For brehs comparing Bron to Penny. Bron actually said Penny was his fav player growing up. Tmac said the same thing n you can see his influence in their games

J-MIL

Fly Sh!t Only
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, The 100's
lol 19 y/o LeBron's sophomore year is better than any single year of Penny's career.

I really don't know how some of you get away with being such shytty fuking posters.

Penny was a pg breh and really didn't look to score that much. He could've easily avg' d 25 ppg if he wanted. Plus he was way more clutch then Bron

The_Third_Man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Penny was a pg breh and really didn't look to score that much. He could've easily avg' d 25 ppg if he wanted. Plus he was way more clutch then Bron
Lebron also averaged more ASSISTS per game than Penny Hardway. Using "could've easily..." make your argument weak anyway.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Lebron also averaged more ASSISTS per game than Penny Hardway. Using "could've easily..." make your argument weak anyway.

Russell Westbrook averages more assist than both of them......and he's also a worst decision maker/passer than both of them.

Numbers don't lie, but they don't tell the whole story

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Penny was a great player but some of ya'll are overrating the hell outta him. He changed the game because he was a tall point guard. Thats it. But at what point do you ever say Penny was a top 5 pg? NEVER. IT WAS ALWAYS KIDD, STOCKton, Payton, Magic. and dont give me that injury excuse. Because even in his prime, i never heard people mention him among stockton and payton. he was a tall point guard who was popular. He played with shaq so that opened up a lot of opportunities for him. Did he ever have a run as a top 3 point guard? NO. Did he ever have a run as a top 3 shooting guard? NO

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Penny was a great player but some of ya'll are overrating the hell outta him. He changed the game because he was a tall point guard. Thats it. But at what point do you ever say Penny was a top 5 pg? NEVER. IT WAS ALWAYS KIDD, STOCKton, Payton, Magic. and dont give me that injury excuse. Because even in his prime, i never heard people mention him among stockton and payton. he was a tall point guard who was popular. He played with shaq so that opened up a lot of opportunities for him. Did he ever have a run as a top 3 point guard? NO. Did he ever have a run as a top 3 shooting guard? NO

He was more than just a point guard that's why people don't mention him with those others. He was a point forward like magic or Lebron.

Top 5 point guard? In his prime penny was regarded as one of the best PLAYERS in the league

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
He was more than just a point guard that's why people don't mention him with those others. He was a point forward like magic or Lebron.

Top 5 point guard? In his prime penny was regarded as one of the best PLAYERS in the league

had to go back and do my research. League was more big man heavy back then. Jordan retired 94-95. I watched Penny but for some reason i thought he had more competition when it game to guard play. Other than Mike, it wasnt too many decent guards. You had Richmond, Spreewell, Reggie, Clyde was getting old. Steve smith was good. Rider was a headcase. When it comes to point guards, i still got Stockton and Isaiah 1 and 2. But after that, you can make an argument for Penny. Probably penny 3rd and then Kevin Johnson 4th. I can admit i was wrong. i consider Pennys prime from 94-95 season to 96-97.