Let's remind ourselves of Anfernee "Penny" Hardaway

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
LeBron averages better number across his entire career than Penny's best season.

Saying dumb shyt like this is like saying Brooke Lopezis better than Shaq because he has more range and more "skill".

LeBron has ten times the impact that Penny does and he's posted better numbers since his 2nd year in the league.

Yea and If we go by stats and numbers Curry is a better scorer than Jordan :manny:

And that's even dumber than saying Penny > Lebron

Daps
Reppin
NULL
mac is better :manny:

T Mac was more of a volume scorer.Lil more athletic, but Penny was more cerebral/efficient.

Penny was like a walking textbook on how to play basketball.The kind of player a coach can point at and say "You need build your skillset up to looking like THAT:ufdup:"

My uncle is obsessed with the sport.Coached AAU and all that.

If he cosigned a player, I took heed.

And it was rare that he did.......I was wayyyyyy in LA and he was wayyyyyy in NY.

This was right when Penny first came into the league.I didn't know anything about him.

I was actually watching that game he put the up and under move on John Starks
penny00.gif

It was on TNT.First time seeing Penny play.

Phone starts ringing, mom answers like:krs:....It's my uncle.First time we'd heard from him in about 3 years.

She hands me the phone and the first thing out his mouth was "You watching the Knicks game right now? Pay close attention to this Penny Hardaway boy.He's one I want you to study"---He was serious as hell about it, to.Said it with the serious swag tone of Denzel in Training Day.

Those lil basketball moments that u cherish:mjcry:

360Waves

2 girls and they get along like I'm Lou Will
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Yea, breh name something Lebrun does significantly better than penny at his best other than rebound.

Penny had way. better handles

Better court vision

Better jumpshot

Way better post game

Dunked on people just as much

Plus his defense wasn't bad

People say penny was overrated but who really is overrated? :ehh:
lol 19 y/o LeBron's sophomore year is better than any single year of Penny's career.

I really don't know how some of you get away with being such shytty fuking posters.

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol 19 y/o LeBron's sophomore year is better than any single year of Penny's career.

I really don't know how some of you get away with being such shytty fuking posters.

Keep relying on stats. Lebron played with bums and had to do it all so he put up amazing stars. I'm just looking at the skill set of both players not who was more productive and filled up the stat sheet.

That stat stuff doesn't pass the eye test.

If you look at Penny & Lebron play:

One had a more diverse set of skills and athleticsm to score

other used his solely his athleticism and strength to "freight train" his way to the rim.

Now we see Lebron with some of that athleticsm fading and he can't rely on his broken jumpshot or lack of handles. He has gotten better in the post though but still ain't touching penny's post game even at 2-3 years in the league.

If penny is overrated, Lebron is really overrated cause penny was one of Lebrons favorite player growing up:yeshrug:

god shamgod

Veteran
Daps
LeBron averages better number across his entire career than Penny's best season.

LeBron has ten times the impact that Penny does and he's posted better numbers since his 2nd year in the league.

Of course he does Lebron has higher usage rates,more fga's and more fta's than penny did at his absolute peak

Penny also played with a young shaq his 1st 3 years in the league who was getting 20 shots a game