Lets put the whole "starting a business is the best/jobs are always for suckers" lie

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Man that article has me angry

Theres always some $200 Primerica entrepreneur screaming about how "working is for suckers" yadda yadda

I say buying blindly into another man's ideology or running away from something because you are unable to admit why you failed at it is the real sucker move

Theres always the same lies told

"At a job your income is limited" no dikkface. You can still have side gigs. You can still have investments. Within the job, many people get promoted over time. If you are good at what you do you can get promotions, and if theres no room to grow in the company if you are valuable you can always leave for higher pay.

"You are just making the next man rich" yes and building your own wealth in the process. You take a worker whose salary is $100K or an "entrepreneur" who made $50K. At the end of the year who has more money???

"When you start a business you are your own boss" Maybe but probably not. Really when you start a business, odds are your customers become your bosses. So you scramble to get business from these motherfukkers, only to have to relearn and adapt to their quirks and issues over and over again, whereas with 1 boss you build a relationship and keep pushing

"Your company can get rid of you at any moment" Most businesses fail. At least if I get fired all I lose is a paycheck. If my business goes under I can lose everything I invested into it as well, and all the people working for me lose their means as well

I am not saying starting a business is all bad. I am trying to do it myself :pachaha: But you have to have a plan + idea. If you want to start a business because you hate your job, :stop: and ask yourself WHY you hate your job and what you can do to make it better. Quitting a corporate gig to sell Italian Ices because your boss annoyed you once is the height of stupidity :mindblown: You need to have a plan, which a business OR a job can be a part of

And no matter what you do, if you're lazy and unable to accept responsibility, you will fail, "entrepreneur" or not

:birdman:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
you really got it in for primerica huh? :blessed:

i dont think many people (especially) these days quit jobs without having some type of plan...:ld:

ive been in corporate america for over a decade...its cool and right now i make more than ive ever made...i actually do make 6 figures...but i can definitely see why someone would wanna work for themselves....

you are working hard for someone else...in the corporate world...so being able to do what i want on my own terms is appealing....

anyway...its a big world...worry about yourself and how you get thru it instead of worrying about another mans path...:troll:

if the next man wants to work at primerica or sell oranges....what do you care? :troll:

Daps
Hey I know a lot of people that have made good money in MLMs.

My dad did.

THe problem is that they try to recruit anyone in the hopes that they will have a big family or circle of friends that will go on board.

Not everyone can be salesmen. It takes a certain type of person to be a high level MLM person. Of course 90% of all people recruited will fail. That's because 90% of all people don't have the communication skills to be salesmen.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

My dad did.

THe problem is that they try to recruit anyone in the hopes that they will have a big family or circle of friends that will go on board.

Not everyone can be salesmen. It takes a certain type of person to be a high level MLM person. Of course 90% of all people recruited will fail. That's because 90% of all people don't have the communication skills to be salesmen.

this right here....

ZEupTWN

Mid|Range|Game|
Daps
You get in where you fit in.....wrd to short dawg

Daps
Reppin
NULL

But the thing is the type of person who has the motivation, hustle, and communication skills to succeed in that could be making more in the corporate world.

If you have the charisma and skills to be making serious bank selling inferior products to random people, how in the world would you not have the charisma to form relationships at work and move up the corporate ladder to a high level position?

Existential

Nothing really matters...
Daps

My dad did.

MLMs are bad and you should feel bad for posting this. Period.

Be a legitimate salesmen for an actual company that pays you, don't scam others (after you got scammed) to make a living. Don't promote this MLM nonsense, no one should fukk with it and all success stories are just anecdotes that shouldn't be trusted.

All you're saying is that your dad was good at scamming people after getting suckered into an MLM scheme by even better scammers. He's not a salesman.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Man that article has me angry

Theres always some $200 Primerica entrepreneur screaming about how "working is for suckers" yadda yadda

I say buying blindly into another man's ideology or running away from something because you are unable to admit why you failed at it is the real sucker move

Theres always the same lies told

"At a job your income is limited" no dikkface. You can still have side gigs. You can still have investments. Within the job, many people get promoted over time. If you are good at what you do you can get promotions, and if theres no room to grow in the company if you are valuable you can always leave for higher pay.

"You are just making the next man rich" yes and building your own wealth in the process. You take a worker whose salary is $100K or an "entrepreneur" who made $50K. At the end of the year who has more money???

"When you start a business you are your own boss" Maybe but probably not. Really when you start a business, odds are your customers become your bosses. So you scramble to get business from these motherfukkers, only to have to relearn and adapt to their quirks and issues over and over again, whereas with 1 boss you build a relationship and keep pushing

"Your company can get rid of you at any moment" Most businesses fail. At least if I get fired all I lose is a paycheck. If my business goes under I can lose everything I invested into it as well, and all the people working for me lose their means as well

I am not saying starting a business is all bad. I am trying to do it myself :pachaha: But you have to have a plan + idea. If you want to start a business because you hate your job, :stop: and ask yourself WHY you hate your job and what you can do to make it better. Quitting a corporate gig to sell Italian Ices because your boss annoyed you once is the height of stupidity :mindblown: You need to have a plan, which a business OR a job can be a part of

And no matter what you do, if you're lazy and unable to accept responsibility, you will fail, "entrepreneur" or not

:birdman:

If you are good at what you do you can get promotions

tumblr_lzvm4mQMzS1qa6lp8.gif

Hardly ever does the right person ever get promoted. Its usually the person who plays politics the best (the suck ups, the snitches, whatever)

this country/world would be so much better if the right person and the most productive person got the job, but that hardly is the case.

Hardly any of the managers ive ever worked for in any profession, actually deserved to be managers. They were usually horrible or maybe DECENT at the very best at the job before the promotion, but played it safe the entire time.

I was recently ranked #1 in the entire west coast (:win:) for my company for the month of January. First time doing it ever. Been #1 in the district and top of the region many times over many different jobs, but shytttt #1 in the west coast?! :win::win:

But my managers still bothering me about complete bull shyt that is irrelevant, then when I get an attitude, they tell me dont be a Terrel Owens or Allen Iverson. They were cancers to their team, right?! Im like :dwillhuh: Why wouldnt I wanna be arguably the 2nd or 3rd best receiver of all time? Why wouldnt I wanna be one of the best players at my position of all time?!

People hate reality, people hate real production.. You get celebrated with production by awards that in the end may not mean much. You dont get celebrated by promotions unfortunately.

Even if you are CORRECT, corporations/manager hate argumentative or realistic people.

And at the end of the day, I thought that was what jobs were created for.. was to be productive. But reality does not work that way.

Existential

Nothing really matters...
Daps

Just one point here: Politics is life. Even if you own your own business, you have to play politics with customers. The world isn't fair at the most general level, even outside of work. Many human beings socially plateau at high school / early college.

What you're outlining aren't simply "job problems" but "human problems." Just had to put that out there.

You got a point but still no one ever got rich working for someone else.

Not 100% true, but I'm not saying jobs are the only way to fly either.

Daps
MLMs are bad and you should feel bad for posting this. Period.

Be a legitimate salesmen for an actual company that pays you, don't scam others (after you got scammed) to make a living. Don't promote this MLM nonsense, no one should fukk with it and all success stories are just anecdotes that shouldn't be trusted.

All you're saying is that your dad was good at scamming people after getting suckered into an MLM scheme by even better scammers. He's not a salesman.

My dad sold products and he sold dreams to recruits. It's not a scam. Nobody is forcing anyone to sign up for anything. People can make money.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
You got a point but still no one ever got rich working for someone else.

Really

Steve Jobs didnt get rich working for Apple?

NBA stars don't get rich playing for teams they don't own?

Doctors don't get rich working for hospitals?

Mitt Romney didn't get rich working for Bain Capital?

Re-read this post and really think about it instead of regurgitating Primerica propaganda

tumblr_lzvm4mQMzS1qa6lp8.gif

Hardly ever does the right person ever get promoted. Its usually the person who plays politics the best (the suck ups, the snitches, whatever)

this country/world would be so much better if the right person and the most productive person got the job, but that hardly is the case.

Hardly any of the managers ive ever worked for in any profession, actually deserved to be managers. They were usually horrible or maybe DECENT at the very best at the job before the promotion, but played it safe the entire time.

I was recently ranked #1 in the entire west coast (:win:) for my company for the month of January. First time doing it ever. Been #1 in the district and top of the region many times over many different jobs, but shytttt #1 in the west coast?! :win::win:

But my managers still bothering me about complete bull shyt that is irrelevant, then when I get an attitude, they tell me dont be a Terrel Owens or Allen Iverson. They were cancers to their team, right?! Im like :dwillhuh: Why wouldnt I wanna be arguably the 2nd or 3rd best receiver of all time? Why wouldnt I wanna be one of the best players at my position of all time?!

People hate reality, people hate real production.. You get celebrated with production by awards that in the end may not mean much. You dont get celebrated by promotions unfortunately.

Even if you are CORRECT, corporations/manager hate argumentative or realistic people.

And at the end of the day, I thought that was what jobs were created for.. was to be productive. But reality does not work that way.

I mean, like I said, if you are really that hot, and your company's managers are shyt, you should have no problem jumping ship to get what you really deserve :50holmes:

I've had good managers and bad managers. But I've been able to move around and increase my pay over time. The sad reality is being a good worker isn't enough in the corporate world... a lot of it is politics, if you want to stay at one company forever. But nobody stays at one company forever nowadays