Let's pretend Sony acquires SquareEnix, Capcom and Konami.

Raiders

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I
Step in the right direction, but Sony needs a Gamepass system.
I agree, but since they lack good multiplayer games then the line will feel old quick I feel without massive investment into games. They have to at the very least bring back killzone, they will get them started

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I
I agree, but since they lack good multiplayer games then the line will feel old quick I feel without massive investment into games. They have to at the very least bring back killzone, they will get them started

Sony already has 4 multiplayer shooters in production. They don’t need to revive dead franchises

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Would that level the playing field? or would they still be behind or ahead of Microsoft?
mostly mentioning Japanese game publishers due to home turf advantage.

Adding these 3 companies under their umbrella, would give them IP's such as :

• Resident Evil
  • Final Fantasy
  • Devil May Cry
  • Street Fighter
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Silent Hill
  • Dragon Quest
  • Etc...
Not sure if those games combined could still make as much profit as a game such as COD , but they do hold a lot of value to the hardcore base.

PlayStation =

Last edited:

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
Konami is a no-go, they have their hands in a bunch of shyt Soby has no interest in.

Sony can already pay up front for Square's third party stuff, so why acquire?

Capcom is interesting, but no more MonHun on Nintendo platforms will hurt them...a lot.
Nah monster hunter not being limited to :flabbynsick: hardware will mean another classic just like monster hunter world. People on steam forums right now crying about how rise is a step back :mjlol: it’s not but how u ain’t do ya googles and see it’s a switch port:dahell:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah monster hunter not being limited to :flabbynsick: hardware will mean another classic just like monster hunter world. People on steam forums right now crying about how rise is a step back :mjlol: it’s not but how u ain’t do ya googles and see it’s a switch port:dahell:

MHW2 is coming regardless breh. Fact of the matter is that MHR sold huge copies on NSW and stuff like that will hurt the company's bottom line if it goes PS/PC only.

Detroit Wave

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The D
MHW2 is coming regardless breh. Fact of the matter is that MHR sold huge copies on NSW and stuff like that will hurt the company's bottom line if it goes PS/PC only.
I agree but how much would they lose by skipping handhelds/switch and going all in on PC/PS/XB for the next MH:patrice: obviously I’m not including spin-offs like stories

Btw where the fukk is dragons dogma 2 ?:scust:

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Sony has Spartacus coming out. On top of that they are integrating PS Now and PS Plus. They essentially had a gamepass system before GamePass existed. It’s just that in the past they didn’t focus much on it or do much with it.
Spartacus is not a Gamepass system

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Sony is alienating japanese developers with their western studio heads.
I wouldn't put much faith in their success moving forward with developers and trying to take that Nintendo route, with leadership as constructed.

I think if they fired their studio head and started courting japanese and indy developers and pivoted themselves as a open platform for gamers and developers opposite of MS with their locked down ecosystem, that would be their only chance moving forward on the gaming side.

That said, Sony is going to have to move quick. PS is one of the only profitable areas of Sony. Until this year their film unit was a money loser that was being considered for sale. Their music section is dying or on life support. Everything else is dying, cellphones is dead, they are outsourcing tv production to S. Korea, computing died with Cell, in a decade Sony could be getting bought out by MS or Apple or Google

levitate

I love you, you know.
Daps
Reppin
The Multiverse
Sony is going to have to move quick.
This.

I think they have to make a really big move and do so quickly.

Either consolidation/mergers with big Japanese studios. Or look to be acquired by Apple.

MS is not fukking around anymore and Xbox has the full backing of the company and not just the games division.