Let's pretend Sony acquires SquareEnix, Capcom and Konami.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
buying those companies doesn't change anything fundamentally with the current model sony provides
all of those ips would be releasing in the same frequency except for mgs and silent hill
buying the companies outright to make them exclusives doesn't make sense either

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
buying those companies doesn't change anything fundamentally with the current model sony provides
all of those ips would be releasing in the same frequency except for mgs and silent hill
buying the companies outright to make them exclusives doesn't make sense either

Unless there were signs they were being acquired which they aren’t.

Thats what i dont get about the cheerleading of activision. Not only are the games they put out sub-par but they were always gonna come out anyway. The xbox didn’t get better games for spending that much money.

I’d rather sony continue to build up and create new studios like they’re doing with deviation, haven, kojima, Firewalk, etc. I want new games not bragging rights over other companies

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
The .icoroaft deal wouldn't mean shyt if developers were actually making new classic IPS. The new generation is creatively bankrupt
We been getting a lot of new ips this gen tho.

Returnal
DeathLoop
Forsaken
It Takes Two

and others im forgetting about.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
We been getting a lot of new ips this gen tho.

Returnal
DeathLoop
Forsaken
It Takes Two

and others im forgetting about.
Which one of those is a gaming classic.

We need more then new IPS. We need Classics

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
long as they keep freaking their first party, and get a viable sub service set up, they will be fine

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Unless there were signs they were being acquired which they aren’t.

Thats what i dont get about the cheerleading of activision. Not only are the games they put out sub-par but they were always gonna come out anyway. The xbox didn’t get better games for spending that much money.

I’d rather sony continue to build up and create new studios like they’re doing with deviation, haven, kojima, Firewalk, etc. I want new games not bragging rights over other companies
Shambles :mjlol:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Sony has more than enough money to buy any of these three, you really have no idea what you are talking about.
What money? You are confusing market cap/ networth (combination of cash, assets, liabilities, debt and assets) for tangible money to spend on something.

Sony was headed towards bankruptcy just awhile ago. PS4 and Spider Man legit saved the company from being sold off.

Sony has some cash. But they also have a lot in the pipe line (new movies, new cars :what: ) so blowing your cash reserve on Square or some shyt is high risk.

Not even sure why I attempt to talk finances in this sub forum, you and @Gizmo_Duck are broke bums

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Honestly Capcom is all they need. Especially if they go in with the same mindset Phil is going in with Activision and bringing back old franchises.

Imagine sony footing the bill for a new Dino Crisis/Darkstalkers/Onimusha/Power Stone/Breath of Fire on top of still giving us Resident Evil/Devil May Cry/Monster Hunter/Street Fighter and the Vs series.

Capcom is whoring out RE and Monster Hunter cause those are the safe bets.

Square is cool and all and it would be a major pickup. But i feel like Square games already sell predominantly on sony consoles anyway. Probably wouldn't be too big of a difference.

Konami is a no-go, they have their hands in a bunch of shyt Soby has no interest in.

Sony can already pay up front for Square's third party stuff, so why acquire?

Capcom is interesting, but no more MonHun on Nintendo platforms will hurt them...a lot.

I agree that would be the biggest loss to them. But Monster Hunter still sells a fukk ton on PC as well.

Last edited: