Let's pause and acknowledge that in the past 15 years we've seen some of the craziest 80s and 90s comic characters come to life on screen

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm happy that the TV shows and movies deviated from the source material. Especially Wanted.

Yeah, I think everyone reaches a point of fukkery saturation with Ennis' work where it's just not clever or funny any longer, and just bails.

To this day, I haven't watched anything past the first few episodes of The Boys because it stuck a little too close to the comics for me, and I'm unfortunately acutely aware of how bad the comic eventually ended up being.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
That is the complete antithesis of X-Men though.

The first X-Men story should be the formation of the team, not as kids, but making these independent powered folk a team, and positioning cyclops as their leader. They have to get rid of the publics perception of cyclops as compared to his actual persona of the past 15 years, where he's literally the best leader in comics maybe ever.

Damn near shed a tear at the bolded. :mjcry:

Can’t believe my childhood was filled with Fox giving that overrated midget Wolverine a push while tryna make my boy look like a chump.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Yeah, I think everyone reaches a point of fukkery saturation with Ennis' work where it's just not clever or funny any longer, and just bails.

To this day, I haven't watched anything past the first few episodes of The Boys because it stuck a little too close to the comics for me, and I'm unfortunately acutely aware of how bad the comic eventually ended up being.

The show did a great job of elevating the source material.

I highly recommend the Boys. Check it out Breh.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Characters I’d like to see on screen still:

Gambit
A proper depiction of Juggernaut
A proper depiction of Galactus
Omega Red
A proper depiction of Taskmaster
Polaris… actually all of X Factor
Hobgoblin
Jubilee
Havok
Forge (great opportunity for a native american actor)
Stryfe
I want a movie or built around Bishop…he was dope in dofp but the character has such a good story

Hell yes on a proper taskmaster

nightwing2016

All Star
Daps
We still need a static movie, would like to see alpha flight. Wolverine is my favorite character but all the x-men movies focused way too much on him. A proper Storm would be nice, a proper Colossus, nightcrawler, kitty pryde, rouge and all of them interacting would be great. A lot of the movies miss the importance of the team dynamics of the x-men and how it makes them what they are.

I wish they make a legit spider-man symbiote story line ending with maximum carnage.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Agree wholeheartedly, even though I think this era (last 4 years) of superhero films is lukewarm at best. I said it before, the fact that we have oscar-caliber and D-List superhero films is just wild to me.

I've played around with the idea of writing a Longshot script.

Would love to see a proper X-Men universe; Wolverine TV show (there's so much and too much for a movie), Sinister, proper Apocalypse, Hellfire Club, Acolytes, Omega Red, Gambit. X-Men properties alone could sustain Disney if done right.

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Yea, alot of D tier comic character received decent to great adaptions....even the ones made by psychopaths like Garth.

But what's really fukking me up is how the Avengers is a bigger brand than Justice League. :why:

Antman is a kids movie

Aquaman sucked but was a better movie than a modern Superman movie.

Daredevil fukked She-Hulk, on live action television show, where she routinely breaks the 4th wall.