Let's pause and acknowledge that in the past 15 years we've seen some of the craziest 80s and 90s comic characters come to life on screen

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
That is part of their motivation, and sure that applies to the Xavier/magneto and Stryker etc stuff...but breh they were fighting blob, toad, wendigo, sentinels, other villains of the week and super villains who don't need to mention.

The "let's do it differently" approach is one but sometimes you want to see your heroes doing the stuff you love them for...it's why spiderman movies work...he's doing spiderman shyt.

Days of Future Past did a pretty good job in handling the first wave of Sentinels and that was in large part a politically based story but they also had some heavy futuristic action set pieces too, I really fukked with that movie...

I'm not bothered either way, there's so many great X-Men stories I can't believe the MCU still doesn't have even a draft up yet for them..

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
  • A full feature movie with a live action CABLE (who was 90s Todd McFarlane killemall fukkery at his finest)
  • Rocket racc00n driving audiences to tears
  • Spiderman 2099 a main antagonist in a movie
  • A full interpretion of the infinity saga
  • fukkin Adam warlock
  • Spider...Ham :mindblown:
  • Deadpool is one of the most popular characters in movies
  • Darkseid, dasaad, granny goodness..on screen
  • Mufukkin BEN RILEY :myman:
  • We're about to see Kara Zor-El and not on some bullshyt it seems
  • Days of future past, and it was a goat X-Men movie
It's pretty insane really...anything really is possible...age of apocalypse? Why not. X-Cutioner's song? Let's do it. mr. myxplitzik? Give him a fukkin movie :lawd:
This is mostly why i don't be shytting on the MCU like that. When i was a kid I never would have thought we'd get all this shyt. We literally saw Celestials in Eternals. :wow: Even got a version of Infinity in Thor 4 (even though the movie was sub-par).

really every character worth being in films from the comics has appeared in a movie or tv show now.
trying to think if any characters i know of that haven't seen live action or animation yet.
I'd like to see Exodus as an X-Men villain in a movie.

edit: and I'd like to see an R-Rated Sabertooth movie.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
That is the complete antithesis of X-Men though.

The first X-Men story should be the formation of the team, not as kids, but making these independent powered folk a team, and positioning cyclops as their leader. They have to get rid of the publics perception of cyclops as compared to his actual persona of the past 15 years, where he's literally the best leader in comics maybe ever.
I disagree as well. Low key falcon and winter the tv show address more about racims than any other mcu or sony marvel film and that was some straight up street level shyt through and through.
How you gonna have it any other way really. You fighting aliens and some cop gonna try to harass you?
You dealing with celestials and angry because a bank won't give you a loan?
Thanos is trying to snap half of existence and you mad isaish bradley got unjustly locked up for being black?
Works better with steet level stakes imo

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Watch Donald Glover's Hypno Hustler movie somehow be fire too :wow:

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'll be honest, I think sinister is borderline overrated. The hellfire club and Sebastian shaw have always been more compelling to me, and sinister's obsession with cyclops and jean isn't as interesting as their blood ties to stryfe, cable, havoc, Vulcan, etc

Looking at it objectively, you're definitely not wrong. Sinister is about as much of a "You had to be there" character as there's ever been. Explaining to people how the speculation over there being a third Summers brother spread out over what felt like forever, just for the payoff to be Vulcan would be hilarious.

However, the way the character has been written in recent years would be pretty interesting to see on screen. He's a fukkery machine now.

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
626837.jpg

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Looking at it objectively, you're definitely not wrong. Sinister is about as much of a "You had to be there" character as there's ever been. Explaining to people how the speculation over there being a third Summers brother spread out over what felt like forever, just for the payoff to be Vulcan would be hilarious.
I might be the only one who thought war of Kings was kinda dope :mjlol:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
  • A full feature movie with a live action CABLE (who was 90s Todd McFarlane killemall fukkery at his finest)
  • Rocket racc00n driving audiences to tears
  • Spiderman 2099 a main antagonist in a movie
  • A full interpretion of the infinity saga
  • fukkin Adam warlock
  • Spider...Ham :mindblown:
  • Deadpool is one of the most popular characters in movies
  • Darkseid, dasaad, granny goodness..on screen
  • Mufukkin BEN RILEY :myman:
  • We're about to see Kara Zor-El and not on some bullshyt it seems
  • Days of future past, and it was a goat X-Men movie
It's pretty insane really...anything really is possible...age of apocalypse? Why not. X-Cutioner's song? Let's do it. mr. myxplitzik? Give him a fukkin movie :lawd:

I'm not gonna lie, back when they were announcing stuff like GotG and Bendis was BUTCHERING the damn book, I was like that shyt ain't gone never work:heh:

Honestly I never wouldve forseen ANY of this. The Boys and Umbrella Academy!? A Preacher series (that wasn't really good, but Ruth Negga kept me watching)

Loki and Scarlet Witch being household names!? If I could tell my younger self that happened, he'd feel I was lying about being from the future.

A fukking DOOM PATROL show (that I didn't watch, but the mere thought of it)

Breh. Imagine going back 20 years and telling your young self that BLACK PANTHER would be one of the biggest comic characters on screen and his IRL death would be massively mourned.

Imagine pointing at an episode of Batman: the animated series and going "see that character Harley Quinn? She's gonna be ANNOYINGLY popular. "