Lets keep it real, AA's have the best black food in the world

FruitOfTheVale

Superstar
Daps
I'm in East Flatbush and AAs hardly even eat soul food. Everyone eating Chinese food, some fast food (like McDonalds), some shyt out the deli, pizza, or caribbean food.

This is your problem right here, like other posters have said a lot of the soul food places in NYC are watered down. If you want to eat good southern cooking you gotta go to the South or states w/ black populations that have more recent ties to the South (Illinois, Missouri, California, etc). You won't know the difference between regional BBQ until you've actually tried it. And yes BBQ is AA, arguably the most popular style (Kansas City) is credited to this man:

Henry-Perry-Ad-The+Kansas+City+sun+Kansas+City+MoDecember+22+1917.jpg

Soul food constitutes a lot of dishes and regions, a greasy fried chicken joint operated by chinese people in Brooklyn is NOT going to compare to an actual family restaurant.

The fact that you unironically think that greens, mac & cheese and fried chicken define soul food is :scust:, if nikkas whittled down jamaican food to only beef patties and jerk chicken you'd be the first to call them ignorant and wax poetic about curry goat. What you know about smothered pork chops, catfish, red snapper, jambalaya, chicken etouffée, fried okra, ox tail stew, etc? Some of you nikkas need to sit down, shut up and learn something fr.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
This is your problem right here, like other posters have said a lot of the soul food places in NYC are watered down. If you want to eat good southern cooking you gotta go to the South or states w/ black populations that have more recent ties to the South (Illinois, Missouri, California, etc). You won't know the difference between regional BBQ until you've actually tried it. And yes BBQ is AA, arguably the most popular style (Kansas City) is credited to this man:

Henry-Perry-Ad-The+Kansas+City+sun+Kansas+City+MoDecember+22+1917.jpg

facts

Soul food constitutes a lot of dishes and regions, a greasy fried chicken joint operated by chinese people in Brooklyn is NOT going to compare to an actual family restaurant.

more facts

The fact that you unironically think that greens, mac & cheese and fried chicken define soul food is :scust:, if nikkas whittled down jamaican food to only beef patties and jerk chicken you'd be the first to call them ignorant and wax poetic about curry goat. What you know about smothered pork chops, catfish, red snapper, jambalaya, chicken etouffée, fried okra, ox tail stew, etc? Some of you nikkas need to sit down, shut up and learn something fr.

bingo and

giphy.gif

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
You know you're cuisine is lacking when you gotta claim BBQ ribs. :russ:
Really nikka? Every cac in the south is making BBW ribs you nikkas need to stop it. :mjlol:
What's next ya'll gonna claim Pop Tarts and Fruit Loops?
full

Ya'll iconic foods are mac and cheese, fried chicken and collard greens. While that shyt tastes good, the shyt is wack and generic as fukk. :mjgrin:
Collard greens - Wow spinach. :ohhh:So exciting. :mjlol:That shyt is basically an inferior version of callalo. :bryan:

Mac and cheese - Another blatant and desperate reach.:mjlol: nikka, mac and cheese is what my grandma makes when she's too lazy to make rice and peas. :russ:That shyt be tasting good as fukk though.

Fried Chicken - Wow, would you nikkas like some wack sauce to go with that dry ass chicken?:russ: Stop it. There's like a million fried chicken chains out there. Any retard with half a brain can cook that shyt up.:laff:Again, when my mom was too lazy to make some oxtail or curry chicken she just cook some basic ass fried chicken. :dead:

Ya''ll nikkas in here having a circle jerk bragging about these basic ass foods any 10 year old with basic cooking skills can make. :laff:
You can't copy Jamaican food though. :smugdraper:Ain't nothing generic and basic over here. You can't fake your way through this shyt. You can tell when its a fraud cac making that shyt. You gotta have the midas touch to even think about cooking it. :lawd:
I'll be nice and give you nikkas gumbo. That shyt actually looks original. But again that's some southern shyt. What about nikkas in the other 3 regions? I'm in East Flatbush and AAs hardly even eat soul food. Everyone eating Chinese food, some fast food (like McDonalds), some shyt out the deli, pizza, or caribbean food. Ain't nobody trying to eat some greasy ass chicken and having their arteries clog in the middle of the train ride. :scust:I kid, I kid. :lolbron:

:umad:...I bet all my coli cash that Connor and company don't wanna smell that salt fish and mackerel in the employee break room...

Jemmy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Soul Food spots in New York aren't even that good. Harlem probably got some decent ones.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
fukk is you talking about dumb ass

Since when has aas not eatin aa food :skip:

cats trying too hard:mjlol:

Yes, it's not our fault that the world is obsessed with assimilation.

these outsiders don't understand this

:mjlol: Claiming mac and cheese and BBQ ribs. Stop fam.

Shrimp and Grits though:ehh:

for the last time on southern bbq

How Southern Barbecue got to Texas
Hint: Slaves Brought it With Them

A Southern Barbecue, a wood engraving from a sketch by Horace Bradley, published in Harper’s Weekly, July 1887

Tim Miller helped explain why Texans might have forgotten slaves’ influence in his book, Barbecue: A History.

Of course, barbecue would have come to much of Texas the same way it came to most of the American South: through the influx of slave owners and their slaves, moving west across the continent. The rewriting of the story of Texas described above not only made Texas history, focusing on cowboys, a proper subject after the Civil War, but in the process also wrote blacks out of the state’s history entirely, leaving a question mark in terms of where barbecue came from.

By the time Robb Walsh wrote his award-winning article for the Houston Press, “Barbecue in Black and White,” the black pitmaster stereotype was gone from Texas. Walsh asked, “How did it happen that we forgot blacks used to cook barbecue in Texas in the first place?” Walsh also recounts an admission from a famous white barbecue joint owner about Memphis’ barbecue roots. Charlie Vergos of the famous Rendezvous restaurant told Lolis Elie in his documentary, Smokestack Lightning: A Day in the Life of Barbecue:

Brother, to be honest with you, [barbecue] don’t belong to the white folks, it belongs to the black folks. It’s their way of life, it was their way of cooking. They created it. They put it together. They made it. And we took it and we made more money out of it than they did. I hate to say it, but that’s a true story.

How Southern Barbecue got to Texas : TMBBQ

Kansas City-style barbecue refers to the specific regional barbecue style of slowly smoked meat that evolved from the pit of Henry Perry in the early 1900s in Kansas City, Missouri. Kansas City barbecue is slow-smoked over a variety of woods and then covered with a thick tomato- and molasses-based sauce.[1]

the afram influence on southern whites is in the speech, music and yes, the food. The thing is, it's so old, normalized and common that outsiders are oblivious to it.

Last edited:

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
It’s a known fact Haitians make the best food in the diaspora :gucci: