Lets keep it real, AA's have the best black food in the world

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
As in you won't have that perception seeing as you're African American.

you're not making any sense right now especially after this post

:hubie:

Hey, if you're OK with African American food being whittled down to just the one dish.

I never knew afram cuisine consisted of one dish

I'll repeat my post:

you're missing the point, afram cuisine or soulfood is a wide variety of dishes. Asking Aframs if they should be concerned about the perception that they only eat afram cuisine is like asking an Italian why he only eats Italian food, a jamaican why he only eats Jamaican food, Chinese why he only eats chinese food etc..Simply put, it's a dumb ass question that makes no sense. Why wouldn't you, pred eat food from your own culture?:stopitslime:

Self_Born7

SUN OF MAN
Daps
Reppin
all 23 million miles of useful land
maxresdefault.jpg

NOW CIPHER!

Illuminatos

#OVOXO
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know you're cuisine is lacking when you gotta claim BBQ ribs. :russ:
Really nikka? Every cac in the south is making BBW ribs you nikkas need to stop it. :mjlol:
What's next ya'll gonna claim Pop Tarts and Fruit Loops?
full

Ya'll iconic foods are mac and cheese, fried chicken and collard greens. While that shyt tastes good, the shyt is wack and generic as fukk. :mjgrin:
Collard greens - Wow spinach. :ohhh:So exciting. :mjlol:That shyt is basically an inferior version of callalo. :bryan:

Mac and cheese - Another blatant and desperate reach.:mjlol: nikka, mac and cheese is what my grandma makes when she's too lazy to make rice and peas. :russ:That shyt be tasting good as fukk though.

Fried Chicken - Wow, would you nikkas like some wack sauce to go with that dry ass chicken?:russ: Stop it. There's like a million fried chicken chains out there. Any retard with half a brain can cook that shyt up.:laff:Again, when my mom was too lazy to make some oxtail or curry chicken she just cook some basic ass fried chicken. :dead:

Ya''ll nikkas in here having a circle jerk bragging about these basic ass foods any 10 year old with basic cooking skills can make. :laff:
You can't copy Jamaican food though. :smugdraper:Ain't nothing generic and basic over here. You can't fake your way through this shyt. You can tell when its a fraud cac making that shyt. You gotta have the midas touch to even think about cooking it. :lawd:
I'll be nice and give you nikkas gumbo. That shyt actually looks original. But again that's some southern shyt. What about nikkas in the other 3 regions? I'm in East Flatbush and AAs hardly even eat soul food. Everyone eating Chinese food, some fast food (like McDonalds), some shyt out the deli, pizza, or caribbean food. Ain't nobody trying to eat some greasy ass chicken and having their arteries clog in the middle of the train ride. :scust:I kid, I kid. :lolbron:

Demon

Evil b*stard
Daps
Reppin
Hell on Earth
Im darker than that dark area of a sloppy fat dark bytches asscrack but I have to say Italian cacs and Koreans/Viets/Thai asian/modified cacs mastered the food game.

Caribbean comes in close 3rd tho.

Can't stand all the frying in alot of southern cuisine. Fried chiken, fried fish, fried okra, fried porkchops....ugh. Im getting a little older and that shyt used to be cool, but I cant stomach all that fried shyt anymore. I eat fried food once a month...3 tops, and even then i feel like complete and utter shyt and a physical failure after that. I can almost feel the shyt clogging my arteries.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Really nikka? Every cac in the south is making BBW ribs you nikkas need to stop it.
full

You do realize that cacs making southern style BBQ is do the ubiquitousness of Afram influence on southern culture?

How Southern Barbecue got to Texas
Hint: Slaves Brought it With Them

A Southern Barbecue, a wood engraving from a sketch by Horace Bradley, published in Harper’s Weekly, July 1887

Tim Miller helped explain why Texans might have forgotten slaves’ influence in his book, Barbecue: A History.

Of course, barbecue would have come to much of Texas the same way it came to most of the American South: through the influx of slave owners and their slaves, moving west across the continent. The rewriting of the story of Texas described above not only made Texas history, focusing on cowboys, a proper subject after the Civil War, but in the process also wrote blacks out of the state’s history entirely, leaving a question mark in terms of where barbecue came from.

By the time Robb Walsh wrote his award-winning article for the Houston Press, “Barbecue in Black and White,” the black pitmaster stereotype was gone from Texas. Walsh asked, “How did it happen that we forgot blacks used to cook barbecue in Texas in the first place?” Walsh also recounts an admission from a famous white barbecue joint owner about Memphis’ barbecue roots. Charlie Vergos of the famous Rendezvous restaurant told Lolis Elie in his documentary, Smokestack Lightning: A Day in the Life of Barbecue:

Brother, to be honest with you, [barbecue] don’t belong to the white folks, it belongs to the black folks. It’s their way of life, it was their way of cooking. They created it. They put it together. They made it. And we took it and we made more money out of it than they did. I hate to say it, but that’s a true story.

How Southern Barbecue got to Texas : TMBBQ

Ya'll iconic foods are mac and cheese, fried chicken and collard greens. While that shyt tastes good, the shyt is wack and generic as fukk.
Collard greens - Wow spinach. :ohhh:So exciting. :mjlol:That shyt is basically an inferior version of callalo. :bryan:

I find this ironic as fuk considering callalo tastes exactly like spinach
giphy.gif

This was my first introduction to what I now know as Jamaican Callaloo. It wasn’t until many, many years later that I would find out that “callaloo” has another name – “Chinese spinach” – and that it’s a type of amaranth plant that’s been consumed for thousands of years.

Health Benefits of Jamaican Callaloo and How to Cook Callaloo

Collards taste nothing like spinach:ufdup:

Mac and cheese - Another blatant and desperate reach.nikka, mac and cheese is what my grandma makes when she's too lazy to make rice and peas. :russ:That shyt be tasting good as fukk though.

LOL @ mac n cheese being a reach and then championing curry goat/chicken like you didn't jack it from East Indians

Fried Chicken - Wow, would you nikkas like some wack sauce to go with that dry ass chicken? Stop it. There's like a million fried chicken chains out there. Any retard with half a brain can cook that shyt up.Again, when my mom was too lazy to make some oxtail or curry chicken she just cook some basic ass fried chicken.

Ya''ll nikkas in here having a circle jerk bragging about these basic ass foods any 10 year old with basic cooking skills can make. :laff:

keep posting those plantains and beef patties:lolbron:.....

You can't copy Jamaican food though. :smugdraper:Ain't nothing generic and basic over here. You can't fake your way through this shyt. You can tell when its a fraud cac making that shyt. You gotta have the midas touch to even think about cooking it. :lawd:

200_s.gif

I'll be nice and give you nikkas gumbo. That shyt actually looks original. But again that's some southern shyt. What about nikkas in the other 3 regions?

afram cuisine is numerous dishes that cover the entire south

I'm in East Flatbush and AAs hardly even eat soul food. Everyone eating Chinese food, some fast food (like McDonalds), some shyt out the deli, pizza, or caribbean food. Ain't nobody trying to eat some greasy ass chicken and having their arteries clog in the middle of the train ride. :scust:I kid, I kid. :lolbron:

Aframs eat their own food in their house/cookout/church etc....cats only eat that other shyt when they outside chillin on the block and want something real quick:heh:

Luken

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto/ Jersey / ATL / LA / Panoramic Roofs
Really nikka? Every cac in the south is making BBW ribs you nikkas need to stop it. :mjlol:
full

Ya'll iconic foods are mac and cheese, fried chicken and collard greens. While that shyt tastes good, the shyt is wack and generic as fukk. :mjgrin:

Mac and cheese - Another blatant and desperate reach.:mjlol: nikka, mac and cheese is what my grandma makes when she's too lazy to make rice and peas. :russ:That shyt be tasting good as fukk though.

Fried Chicken - Wow, would you nikkas like some wack sauce to go with that dry ass chicken?:russ: Stop it. There's like a million fried chicken chains out there. Any retard with half a brain can cook that shyt up.:laff:Again, when my mom was too lazy to make some oxtail or curry chicken she just cook some basic ass fried chicken. :dead:

I'll be nice and give you nikkas gumbo. That shyt actually looks original. But again that's some southern shyt. What about nikkas in the other 3 regions? I'm in East Flatbush and AAs hardly even eat soul food. Everyone eating Chinese food, some fast food (like McDonalds), some shyt out the deli, pizza, or caribbean food. Ain't nobody trying to eat some greasy ass chicken and having their arteries clog in the middle of the train ride. :scust:I kid, I kid. :lolbron:

....people were claiming that stuff in the Jamaican/Caribbean Breakfast bashing thread. They were worshiping it and putting it above a regular healthy breakfast too :scust:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
full

No one outside of Caribbeans hype up Jamaican food. :heh:

Fried Chicken n is generic? Yet there are many fast food chains based solely for it. Can't say the same for most Jamaican food. :manny:

BBQ is apart of soul food and many in this thread have stated proved that many BBQ sauce came from black chiefs.

I'm from NY too and that is because the East coast as a whole has the WOAT soul food. Many AAs do eat soul food in the EC but its either at home or at church...:manny:

Basic ass food? Yet Soul Food in food discussions constantly enter debates with the heavyweights like Mexican food, Italian food or Japanese food. Never see Jamaican food enter the discussion.:manny:

Edit: did you really say collard green is the same as spinach?????:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
No one outside of Caribbeans hype up Jamaican food. :heh:

@Poitier said it best

Jamaican food is like Jamaican music, heavily reliant on 2 or 3 dishes/genres trying to go up against a big dog that has 1000s to choose from:russ:

just like these cats are delusional trying to compare their music and athletes to the goat athletes and musicians of AfroAmerica, they're delusional with the food comparisons

Fried Chicken n is generic? Yet there are many fast food chains based solely for it. Can't say the same for most Jamaican food. :manny:

facts

BBQ is apart of soul food and many in this thread have stated proved that many BBQ sauce came from black chiefs.

the afram influence on southern american BBQ is factual and undeniable

I'm from NY too and that is because the East coast as a whole has the WOAT soul food. Many AAs do eat soul food in the EC but its either at home or at church...:manny:

facts

Basic ass food? Yet Soul Food in food discussions constantly enter debates with the heavyweights like Mexican food, Italian food or Japanese food. Never see Jamaican food enter the discussion.:manny:

facts

Edit: did you really say collard green is the same as spinach?????:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

exactly why I know he didn't know wtf he was talking about

crash0208lede-1-web.jpg

callaloo is the one that taste like a carbon copy of spinach....not collards:pachaha:[/quote]

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly I'm of Jamaican Descent and I love me some West indian food. But the best food for blacks to eat is african food. I've never seen an obese african or even an obese jamaican in my life can't say the same for African Americans. African American food is the fukkin death to blacks sure it's good as hell but let's face it half the dishes are walking heart attacks. Plus Jamaican and African American food is pretty much food staples extended from slavery.

Last edited:

AFRAM GLORY

Superstar
Daps
Honestly I'm of Jamaican Descent and I love me some West indian food. But the best food for blacks to eat is african food. I've never seen an obese african or even an obese jamaican in my life can't say the same for African Americans. African American food is the fukkin death to blacks sure it's good as hell but let's face it half the dishes are walking heart attacks. Plus Jamaican and African American food is pretty much food staples extended from slavery.

This post is a mess.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Honestly I'm of Jamaican Descent and I love me some West indian food. But the best food for blacks to eat is african food. I've never seen an obese african or even an obese jamaican in my life. African American food is the fukkin death to blacks sure it's good as hell but let's face it half the dishes are walking heart attacks. Plus Jamaican and African American food is pretty much food staples extended from slavery.

I won't speak on african since they don't exist in larger numbers in the USA but that jamaican claim is a straight lie...anyone who has seen the west indian day parade knows this is false:martin:

and

Jamaica facing an obesity crisis - Multi-sectoral approach needed to address obesity | Health | Jamaica Gleaner

Jamaica facing an obesity crisis - Multi-sectoral approach needed to address obesity