Daps
Breakfast foods

My dad makes a mean salmon cake
salmon-patties-horiz-b-640.jpg

Grandmother and mom made these from scratch
tumblr_m40yyjCbSB1r439tio1_500.jpg

Fried or smothered potatoes/hash browns
bd3a2d651731049f0746a50146065283.jpg

This is a place I've actually visited in Central Texas before, black owned.
o.jpg

A fried thigh with gourmet red velvet waffle :mjcry:
:takedat:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
Well most Indians don't eat chicken or goat, but yeah curry is Indian. Jamaican curry has allspice which to my knowledge is different from traditional Indian curry. We also serve it with different sides. Jamaicans buy Jamaican curry and not Indian curry.

and

This dish was introduced to the islands by indentured Indian workers. At that time, the dish was very similar to the chicken curry dish of India, consisting mostly of sauce with few chicken pieces. However, poultry in Trinidad and Tobago was so readily available, the dish began consisting of mainly chicken, flavored with curry spices. As Trinidadians continued to find their own identity in the world, new curry chicken type dishes began forming. Curry goat and curry duck have become widely popular. Curry chicken and its derivatives are also popular in Guyana, Jamaica, Grenada, and other Caribbean territories.

Chicken curry - Wikipedia

I would still say we have more claim to curry chicken than AfrAms do for Mac and cheese.

:upsetfavre:

It's not like there's a special AfrAm cheese or AfrAm Macaroni Pasta or AfrAm butter or AfrAm flour you use for the recipe.

But like I said I'll let yall cook. :hubie:

I'll tell you this, the Afram version of mac n cheese tatses clearly distinct from the white american one. Same thing with potato salad.:ohlawd:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
am i lying? in usa, europe, all over the carribbean, you there are jamaican food stores

american soul food stores are ONLY in usa. that tells you no one 4ucking with soul food like that, only black americans
That's because you guys purposely go there to try and sell the shyt... Literally opening restaurants just to cook same as asians, Hispanics, etc.

We don't want to, have to, and we don't need to:heh:

And there are soulfood places overseas btw... Or we usually know how to cook our own :heh:

Lazy Migrant

Migrated
Supporter
Daps

Maybe I wasnt clear but I said Curry is Indian. Whether Chicken or Goat. I said ours differs in that we use allspice and maybe the spice proportions differ plus we serve it with different sides.

I'll tell you this, the Afram version of mac n cheese tatses clearly distinct from the white american one. Same thing with potato salad.:ohlawd:

Whats the difference between AfrAm mac and cheese and regular baked mac and cheese?

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I doubt you've tasted half the things in that post but w/e. I guess it's easier to just hate on food you've never tasted than show food from your culture.

Bro dont even try this shyt. Like I said I have a diverse ass family including half Jamaican brothers and cousins. That is why I have such a strong opinion. I love my Jamaican step mothers cooking but it does not compare to my uncles soul food cooking.:wow:

Breh I tasted Jamaican food MANY times since I was a kid. And like I said outside of beef patties and Oxtails the Jamaican cuisine is NOT a heavyweight like Soul food or Haitian food. And some of the examples you posted for Jamaican food looks like it belongs in a nursery home.

But again outside of beef patties Jamaican food is NOT as renowed world wide. You have white boys on certain forums debating soul food over Italian food. Italian food which is among the most overrated cuisine.:heh:

And where I live you have Central Americans FLOODing popeyes which is not even the best of soul food :heh:

9/10 you will mostly see soul food in food debates and not Jamaican food. And again no offense but the only people overrating Jamaican food are Jamaicans in real life. Jamaican food is good but it isnt a heavy weight like Soul Food, Italian Food, Thai food, Mexican food or Japanese food.