Let's keep it $100, Super Mario bros 3 is the best RPG of all time

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I remember the first time I seen it, Fred Savage was holding shyt down :whoo:

And I'm already thinking, man, this the best platformer ever until I found out I COULD STORE POWER UPS AND WEAR DIFFERENT COSTUMES TO HAVE DIFFERENT POWERS :damn:I was not ready for the Mario RPG experience, like, they could have better prepared us for the changing of the guard so to speak. It was risky but it paid off and we're all better off for it :salute:

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You really think games gotta be turn based to be an rpg:francis:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
What does RPG stand for?
Role playing game
There was no such thing as an action RPG, that's a term created later in life :hula:

You didn't touch this comparison before but I'll hit you with it again.

Why isn't the original Metroid considered an RPG? You think about that then get back to me. We all are gathered around patiently awaiting your response :popcorn3:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
part of me does feel that way :yeshrug:

or at least that's what a 'real' RPG is. anything less is watered down. not to say I don't like some of those watered down games

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
What does RPG stand for?
Role playing game
There was no such thing as an action RPG, that's a term created later in life :hula:

You didn't touch this comparison before but I'll hit you with it again.

Why isn't the original Metroid considered an RPG? You think about that then get back to me. We all are gathered around patiently awaiting your response :popcorn3:

• The player controls a specific character.*
  • That character has game statistics and/or relational attributes with other game objects
  • The character has important fictional/narrative relationships with other story elements
  • The player makes decisions for the character, stepping into that role and making choices as if they were the character
*Rarely, the player controls multiple characters, but it’s always at least one.“

Nier fits all of this criteria^^^^^^^
Secret of Mana aint turn based but considered one of Squaresofts best RPGs.

diablo was one of the earliest games to be coined Action RPG in the 90s. It aint a new term like you sayin....but then again you been known to tell fibs from time to time:yeshrug:

you dead wrong on this one court:manny:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin

• The player controls a specific character.*
  • That character has game statistics and/or relational attributes with other game objects
  • The character has important fictional/narrative relationships with other story elements
  • The player makes decisions for the character, stepping into that role and making choices as if they were the character
*Rarely, the player controls multiple characters, but it’s always at least one.“

Nier fits all of this criteria^^^^^^^
Secret of Mana aint turn based but considered one of Squaresofts best RPGs.

diablo was one of the earliest games to be coined Action RPG in the 90s. It aint a new term like you sayin....but then again you been known to tell fibs from time to time:yeshrug:

you dead wrong on this one court:manny:
Who said it was a new term? Then ranted about how I lied because you couldn't read good? Ok... let's look at your bullet points..

1. A player controls a specific character (wtf does that even mean)

2. That character has game statistics and/or relational attributes with other game objects
(again, wtf does that even mean)

3. The character has important fictional/narrative relationships with other story elements
(Clearly this is something exclusive to RPGs, my bad, you got me :stopitslime:

4. The player makes decisions for the character, stepping into that role and making choices as if they were the character
(What game would that not apply to other than idk, Tetris?)

To piggy back off what you was saying, like your wild descriptions of an RPG your points lack relationships to reality, the attributes to your points are low and you're gonna need to level up in the field before you come back here :francis:
:mjlol: When you not Sony gang
Here's me....
Nes, master system, SNES, Genesis, TG-16, N64/GameCube/Wii, PS1/2/3, Dreamcast, Xbox/360/1/1x/Series X.

Here's you... "I'm Sony gang"

Tell yourself, what the fukk would an OG with my extensive background give a fukk about a clown who thinks only Sony is the way to go? Gamepass is the Netflix of gaming, Sony gang can often be found hating on Netflix :laff: A PS3 game and a PS4 dlc that's was ported is all you have and you're excited to play a basically teenage version of Legos with ratchet and clank. I know you don't care about all this cool backwards compatible stuff but looky here
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/ps5-will-be-backwards-compatible-with-ps1-ps2-ps3-and-ps4.753790/

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Facts. I remember when Super Mario RPG came out later.. I was looking at that shyt like, "We've already had a Super Mario RPG though" :stopitslime:

:troll:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
part of me does feel that way :yeshrug:

or at least that's what a 'real' RPG is. anything less is watered down. not to say I don't like some of those watered down games

So what genre would you put the Ys series in.