Let's do it: Rank the Jokers (probable spoilers!)

Knowledge

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love heath's joker but Phoenix took it there and I honestly didn't expect him to. I went into the the movie expecting to hate on it.

So it's
Phoenix
Heath
The evil ass animated one (one who killed Robin)
Then the rest....they were silly to me

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Phoenix is the goat joker. He portrayed madness flawlessly. He gets the number one spot :wow:

My thing with Phoenix is, he portrayed madness flawlessly, but not so much the "villainy" aspect.

He didn't come off as the Joker so much as just some mentally ill guy who snaps out of frustration and starts killing people, and happens to be a clown for a living. I'm not saying I was waiting for him to blow up a building ( :guilty: ) but I was hoping he'd do something a little more elaborate than just shooting people. I realize it's not really that kind of movie but they could have had the character cause a little more damage. I know it's not really that type of movie but if you're going to make a "Joker" flick he should still be a villain.

Phoenix is better at portraying mental illness and madness, but Ledger was more villainous and threatening.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Hamill
Ledger
Phoenix

Leto didn't do enough to be judged and the others are corny. :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
My thing with Phoenix is, he portrayed madness flawlessly, but not so much the "villainy" aspect.

He didn't come off as the Joker so much as just some mentally ill guy who snaps out of frustration and starts killing people, and happens to be a clown for a living. I'm not saying I was waiting for him to blow up a building ( :guilty: ) but I was hoping he'd do something a little more elaborate than just shooting people. I realize it's not really that kind of movie but they could have had the character cause a little more damage. I know it's not really that type of movie but if you're going to make a "Joker" flick he should still be a villain.

Phoenix is better at portraying mental illness and madness, but Ledger was more villainous and threatening.
He should get a chance to be in a Batman movie . This was an origin story. This sets up his origin as a villain . There is enough established with this shyt that Joaquin can become that villain

CROM

Pray. I will not listen, but I will laugh at you
Daps
Reppin
Valhalla
I loved Heath Ledger’s Joker....loved the Dark Knight movie in general and still place it above all other “comic book” movies. That being said, I don’t see how anyone could objectively put anyone’s performance over Joaquin Phoenix. If the Joker were a real person, I could absolutely see it being an Arthur Fleck. Phoenix flawlessly pulled off a man that the world...from his youth...drove to psychosis. He was created by his circumstances the same way Batman was created by his. I just don’t think we’ve seen anything quite as powerful as what Phoenix portrayed, when speaking of ‘Joker’ roles.

So for me...

1. Joaquin Phoenix
2. Heath Ledger
3. Mark Hamill
4. Jack Nicholson

iseetrolledpeople

A silent witness to all this trolling going on.
Daps
hp4bs2c8hls31.jpg

This Picture sums my thoughts on the more recent Jokers.

But...Heaths Jokers reigns supreme.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Is the Joker the GOAT recurring character for actors? You've got four different Jokers named as the GOAT Joker already in this thread and every one of them is a distinguished actor in his own right too. (Well, Nicholson, Ledger, and Phoenix have 15 or so Oscar nominations between them and Hamill was the OG Skywalker at least so that counts for something...)

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Hamil
Phoenix
Nicholson
Ledger
Romero
Leto

can't really place the other animated jokers..most were whatever...could never top Hamil

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Ledger - Joker actually felt scary like a dangerous and clever villain, but still retained all the crazy motives and dark humor. He was a match for batmans philosophy.
Hamil - The quintessential mannerisms and basis for the joker phenotype. Basically i compare all jokers to this to determine how good they are.
Jack - Low key to closest to the hamil version on the big screen but loses some points because it's still very much jack.
Leto - I think this had the potential to be my favorite but he fell victim to bad writing and cuts.
Romero - stupid asf but has it's charm. I'd never want to see this version again but appreciate that it existed.
Phoenix - Haven't seen it yet so i can't rank it.

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
Joaquin easily...

Ledger with the "deceased actor" Oscar doesnt mean he was better

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
People who saying Mark Hamil just sarcastic... just like the writer who did that when yall googled.