Let's discuss this passage from Romans 9

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
i read that part of the bible many whiles ago. and this is why i dont get jealous. when u see these celebrities like "kim kardashian" making money off of nothing, i get :wow: inside, but then i think back to these passages you quoted. and say to myself "god love me too come on please love me" lol

there are many examples in the bible of God following in love with certain people, for no apparent reason. When king solomon was born, the bible said and the lord "loved him". a baby. God loved him. what could a newborn baby have done to have deserved that kind of special love from God?

see, i hate to say it but i wonder the level of importance black people are to God. if u hear or see the amount of prayers being prayed on a daily basis by the dark children of Africa, u'd wonder why are these people still being terrorized at the rate that they are, everywhere they go.

no matter how hard we try, we really cant understand God. like, take jesus for instance, he came to the world with the sole purpose of the jews.

Quote from the Bible:

------------------------------------------

21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

------------------------------------------

maybe he was only testing the woman, but passages like this helps understand why jews tend to own everything and are very rich. it's not because they're "stingy" or they are whatever. It's because God has a special love for them. you can be everything a jew is and still not be jew rich. God blessed the Jew thats why they own everything.

or maybe not? if you meet a jew who isn't rich, its because he doesn't care for riches. a jew can do a quarter of the work of another person and see as much rewards if not more.

i mean, u just cant deny the fact that some people are blessed man. it is evident everywhere.

these ceos who make millions a year, u think its because they're just so damn smart and anyone who makes lower than them isn't trying hard enough?

only in the 20th century has it been a comfortable life being jewish. and it still depends on what country you live in. jews say "never again" because they know the potential is always there, so clearly there's some fear of this much-improved life collapsing.

there's no one chosen or blessed people. come on. the idea is ridiculous. there are clear reasons why things happen, all of the sources are available, and biblical prophecy is not one of them

you also imply more than once that riches are evidence of blessing. what about the parts about the eye of the needle?

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
only in the 20th century has it been a comfortable life being jewish. and it still depends on what country you live in. jews say "never again" because they know the potential is always there, so clearly there's some fear of this much-improved life collapsing.

there's no one chosen or blessed people. come on. the idea is ridiculous. there are clear reasons why things happen, all of the sources are available, and biblical prophecy is not one of them

you also imply more than once that riches are evidence of blessing. what about the parts about the eye of the needle?

that eye in the needle thing is what a lot folks use to justify their lack of motivation to do something constructive with their life.

we live in the real world where riches and money fuccking matter. plain and simple. its only those who dont got it or who lack the aspiration to get it that go around saying "oooo money is the root of all evil, money is this, money is that"....and a lot of this people tend to be black.

u dont have to take my word for it that some people are just chosen and some are not. its not me saying that. the bible says it. not me. The Bible. Solomon was chosen, what did he do? Nothing!
David was chosen, what did he do? Nothing!
Jacob was chosen, he tricked his father isaac. but God still loved him. what did he do? nothing. Joseph was chosen and loved by God, what did he do? Nothing. Adam was chosen (out of all the humans on the earth), what did he do? Nothing.

now, faced with all these biblical facts, you can accept the truth or continue to mislead yourself on purpose. The choice is yours my friend. if you're not chosen by God, this is where Jesus comes in. Jesus says it is through him you can get to God. He'll be the intermediary between you the God of the universe.

and when i say chosen, i mean, chosen to stand out in the world you live. how do you stand out? by having money, fame, things that make people look up to you or think of you in high esteem. many unbelievers walk this earth enjoying all that it has to over. the believers suffer daily, yet they dream of a world in the afterlife where they'll live happily ever after. i say to you my brethen, restrain yourself from this ridiculous way of thinking. some people live a glorious life in this world and still go on to live a glorious life in the after life. why cant you be one of them?

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
and when i say chosen, i mean, chosen to stand out in the world you live. how do you stand out? by having money, fame, things that make people look up to you or think of you in high esteem. many unbelievers walk this earth enjoying all that it has to over. the believers suffer daily, yet they dream of a world in the afterlife where they'll live happily ever after. i say to you my brethen, restrain yourself from this ridiculous way of thinking. some people live a glorious life in this world and still go on to live a glorious life in the after life. why cant you be one of them?

You "stand out" by being different...not by "having money, fame, things that make people look up to you or think of you in high esteem." Matter of fact, Jesus said that living like he did would not lead to "esteem"; rather, it would make you hated!

The scriptures warn us not to be preoccupied with those things, because they will go away. The also say not to seek glory, but to glorify God.

You are correct saying that unbelievers walk this earth enjoying all that it has to (offer). However, Jesus was offered the whole world itself and said "no" because of who was offering it! Indeed, what is the benefit of gaining the world yet losing your soul?

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
Who was the author of that passage?

Daniel 7:9 ...the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

:salute: sooner or later they will realize this world isn't about them, its about him. :blessed:

Dada

Face===>Heel
Daps
@one of the passages (not the original) quoted earlier. This is why you shouldn't worship another people's God. Everyone has their own God(s),traditions, customs, beliefs, creation stories, etc. When you pray to another's God and take on their culture you're giving energy to those things (rather than to your own)..but it's not for you, so it's no wonder that energy is being used to empower those people. Respect other people, their culture, and their religion but we shouldn't try to become them or appropriate them (or continue to, if they were forced upon you).

I use the term God loosely, I more so mean higher or collective energy.

Daps
many unbelievers walk this earth enjoying all that it has to over. the believers suffer daily, yet they dream of a world in the afterlife where they'll live happily ever after. i say to you my brethen, restrain yourself from this ridiculous way of thinking. some people live a glorious life in this world and still go on to live a glorious life in the after life. why cant you be one of them?

this is truth.

People think that to be holy you have to live a life akin to a monk. Enjoying nothing that the world gives, and this is false. The Bible says God created everything for the service of man, and for his enjoyment.

It says Jesus Christ came [eating and drinking], meaning he enjoyed the wines of life, even to the point the Pharisees called him gluttonous and a winebibber.

The problem is when you let [whatever it is] take a chokehold on your life. And instead of it giving you service, YOU become it's slave.

HabitualLineSteppa

....Fuh Q.
Daps
David was chosen, what did he do? Nothing!

Really? :leon: Explain further breh...I understand the point you were making but ummm, David's story is one of the more "relevant to modern success" stories in the Bible in my opinion...I see what point your were making tho...

Daps

You are correct saying that unbelievers walk this earth enjoying all that it has to (offer). However, Jesus was offered the whole world itself and said "no" because of who was offering it! Indeed, what is the benefit of gaining the world yet losing your soul?

You're right in this post, but im going to reconcile both your post, his and mine just above this. The very core of that temptation was not what you said above. The point was as follows:

Satan offered Jesus all the world and the glory thereof.

However the world, and its glory, as said in the bible, was made BY HIM, and FOR HIS own pleasure were they made.

How can you offer him what is already his?

This is the lie we often heed when giving into vices, that in turn gives them sole power over your lives.

Money does not make you happy, weed does not MAKE everything better. YOU use it to achieve your ends. It is nothing of itself.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness

You're right in this post, but im going to reconcile both your post, his and mine just above this. The very core of that temptation was not what you said above. The point was as follows:

Satan offered Jesus all the world and the glory thereof.

However the world, and its glory, as said in the bible, was made BY HIM, and FOR HIS own pleasure were they made.

How can you offer him what is already his?

Ah - it was made TO BE his, but it was not already his. At the time, he was a human who had to finish what he came to do. He could have skipped all of the human hardships he would later endure and have his "glory" the fast way...all he had to do was sell out one time.

And the fact that Satan offered it to him shows that Satan did have some dominion over it. Notice how Jesus didn't say "it's already mine"...

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Ah - it was made TO BE his, but it was not already his. At the time, he was a human who had to finish what he came to do. He could have skipped all of the human hardships he would later endure and have his "glory" the fast way...all he had to do was sell out one time.

And the fact that Satan offered it to him shows that Satan did have some dominion over it. Notice how Jesus didn't say "it's already mine"...

AND THAT WAS ONE OF HIS REASONS FOR BEING BORN INTO OUR WORLD IN THE FIRST PLACE. TO TAKE BACK THAT DOMINION.

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
SAY YOUR PRAYERS, BROTHER! AND I MEAN TO ZEUS, DUDE! A LOT OF YOU NON BELIEVERS WILL BE GETTING HIT WITH LIGHTNING BOLTS WHEN THE BIG GUY RECOVERS FROM HIS AMBROSIA HANGOVER, MEAN GENE!

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A couple of things:

1) The hardening of Pharoah's heart always disturbed me; made it seem like he didnt have a choice since that's what he was destined to be. But i remember I was told when one leaves God's presence or refuses to listen to his voice then our hearts harden (thats why HE said I will remove from you your heart of stone and give u a heart of flesh so u can obey my commands)..So its more like Pharoah refused to listen to Moses' warnings and God used him to show himself holy

2) Jesus just for the Jews - think later on in Romans it says salavation is first for the Jews then for the Gentiles (everyone else) same way judgment will be first for the jews then the gentiles. elsewhere it also says through Jesus there is neither Jew nor Gentile male nor female but we are 1 in Christ...also if u read when Solomon built the temple he was saying when people around hear about the God dwelling in the Temple people would come from around to see for themselves and worship...so inclusion was always part of the program :gladbron:

man I need to start going to church again :ohlawd:

PREACH!!!