Let's discuss this passage from Romans 9

concise

Veteran
Daps
14 What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15 For he says to Moses,

“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”
16 It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. 17 For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” 18 Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
14 What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15 For he says to Moses,

“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”
16 It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. 17 For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.” 18 Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

i read that part of the bible many whiles ago. and this is why i dont get jealous. when u see these celebrities like "kim kardashian" making money off of nothing, i get :wow: inside, but then i think back to these passages you quoted. and say to myself "god love me too come on please love me" lol

there are many examples in the bible of God following in love with certain people, for no apparent reason. When king solomon was born, the bible said and the lord "loved him". a baby. God loved him. what could a newborn baby have done to have deserved that kind of special love from God?

see, i hate to say it but i wonder the level of importance black people are to God. if u hear or see the amount of prayers being prayed on a daily basis by the dark children of Africa, u'd wonder why are these people still being terrorized at the rate that they are, everywhere they go.

no matter how hard we try, we really cant understand God. like, take jesus for instance, he came to the world with the sole purpose of the jews.

Quote from the Bible:

------------------------------------------

21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

maybe he was only testing the woman, but passages like this helps understand why jews tend to own everything and are very rich. it's not because they're "stingy" or they are whatever. It's because God has a special love for them. you can be everything a jew is and still not be jew rich. God blessed the Jew thats why they own everything.

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i read that part of the bible many whiles ago. and this is why i dont get jealous. when u see these celebrities like "kim kardashian" making money off of nothing, i get :wow: inside, but then i think back to these passages you quoted. and say to myself "god love me too come on please love me" lol

there are many examples in the bible of God following in love with certain people, for no apparent reason. When king solomon was born, the bible said and the lord "loved him". a baby. God loved him. what could a newborn baby have done to have deserved that kind of special love from God?

see, i hate to say it but i wonder the level of importance black people are to God. if u hear or see the amount of prayers being prayed on a daily basis by the dark children of Africa, u'd wonder why are these people still being terrorized at the rate that they are, everywhere they go.

no matter how hard we try, we really cant understand God. like, take jesus for instance, he came to the world with the sole purpose of the jews.

Quote from the Bible:

21 Leaving that place, Jesus withdrew to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 A Canaanite woman from that vicinity came to him, crying out, “Lord, Son of David, have mercy on me! My daughter is demon-possessed and suffering terribly.”

23 Jesus did not answer a word. So his disciples came to him and urged him, “Send her away, for she keeps crying out after us.”

24 He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of Israel.”

25 The woman came and knelt before him. “Lord, help me!” she said.

26 He replied, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and toss it to the dogs.”

27 “Yes it is, Lord,” she said. “Even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their master’s table.”

28 Then Jesus said to her, “Woman, you have great faith! Your request is granted.” And her daughter was healed at that moment.

maybe he was only testing the woman, but passages like this helps understand why jews tend to own everything and are very rich. it's not because they're "stingy" or they are whatever. It's because God has a special love for them. you can be everything a jew is and still not be jew rich. God blessed the Jew thats why they own everything.
or maybe it's because they have it ingrained in their collective cultural psyche that they are the chosen people. And maybe we have it ingrained in ours for some reason that we're cursed. we need to free ourselves mentally.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
or maybe it's because they have it ingrained in their collective cultural psyche that they are the chosen people. And maybe we have it ingrained in ours for some reason that we're cursed. we need to free ourselves mentally.

or maybe not? if you meet a jew who isn't rich, its because he doesn't care for riches. a jew can do a quarter of the work of another person and see as much rewards if not more.

i mean, u just cant deny the fact that some people are blessed man. it is evident everywhere.

these ceos who make millions a year, u think its because they're just so damn smart and anyone who makes lower than them isn't trying hard enough?

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
PEOPLE CALL IT FAVOR VS LAW. YOU CAN DO EVERYTHING RIGHT ACCORDING TO LAW AND BE PASSED UP BY A LESSER WORKING PERSON BECAUSE OF FAVOR. FAVOR IS A HARD THING TO EARN AND A DEVASTATING THING TO LOSE WHEN IT COMES TO RELIGION.

DeuceZ

Li pitit gason
Daps
Reppin
3rd Rock From the Sun
A couple of things:

1) The hardening of Pharoah's heart always disturbed me; made it seem like he didnt have a choice since that's what he was destined to be. But i remember I was told when one leaves God's presence or refuses to listen to his voice then our hearts harden (thats why HE said I will remove from you your heart of stone and give u a heart of flesh so u can obey my commands)..So its more like Pharoah refused to listen to Moses' warnings and God used him to show himself holy

2) Jesus just for the Jews - think later on in Romans it says salavation is first for the Jews then for the Gentiles (everyone else) same way judgment will be first for the jews then the gentiles. elsewhere it also says through Jesus there is neither Jew nor Gentile male nor female but we are 1 in Christ...also if u read when Solomon built the temple he was saying when people around hear about the God dwelling in the Temple people would come from around to see for themselves and worship...so inclusion was always part of the program :gladbron:

man I need to start going to church again :ohlawd:

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
or maybe not? if you meet a jew who isn't rich, its because he doesn't care for riches. a jew can do a quarter of the work of another person and see as much rewards if not more.

i mean, u just cant deny the fact that some people are blessed man. it is evident everywhere.

these ceos who make millions a year, u think its because they're just so damn smart and anyone who makes lower than them isn't trying hard enough?
i think if you keep believing you're blessed and destined to make it, and if it's a belief that's very deep in your upbringing and family, it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy a lot of times. I don't think people who don't reach success aren't trying hard enough. Many reasons for why shyt doesn't work out. Also wealth is passed on from one generation to another, family tradition of valuing education and self-reliance, personal circumstances, environment, etc all play a role.

but i still think a big part of it is self-esteem and your overall belief system (not necessarily talking about faith or religion here though). If someone keeps telling themselves they are cursed and that they could never make it, they probably won't. And the reverse is true as well in my opinion.

Daps

bingo. That is the heart of the issue. The Holy Scriptures tell us that death is of the tongue. As a man thinketh, so too is he.

You drive around life thinking that so and so is limited to you (whether consciously or subconsciously) or some man or institution is able to hold you back, so too will your actions be a projection of that thought and your ends will be the same.

One of the foremost doctrines of the Christ is to know and believe that you are now free. Not by the hand of government or cause you're "trained" (by the law of whatever) but by the hand of a God. Holding fast to that belief, what can ever really stop you from whatever you seek to accomplish? Mental and spiritual liberation:ahh:

If you limit your privilege to the means of, let's say, social status. (i.e. you trust and believe that your position in society will be the power that achieves "ends X"). Would not the clout of Family Banks living on the Esplanade always precede you?