Let's Discuss: Should Women Be Able to Force Men to Get Vasectomies?

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I agree with this:

Yet a proper comparison to a vasectomy would be a woman getting her tubes tied and not an abortion.
No the comparison is absolutely correct because they are both mediacal procedures. The point is that you have no say in the medical procedures of another.

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
it takes two to make a baby and both parents are ultimately responsible for the baby

you cant say the man doesnt have a say in the abortion when he will be expected to take care of the baby
It takes one to endure the pregnancy, so yes you can say that.
...then why did you ask this asinine question?
It's clear that you don't have the mental capacity to understand nuance.

Tropical Fantasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Beverage Fridge, 3rd Row!!
It takes one to endure the pregnancy, so yes you can say that.

It's clear that you don't have the mental capacity to understand nuance.

but when the baby's born its expected that the man has to be the main provider for the baby.

what if he wants the abortion because he knows he cant provide for the baby. youre gonna say he should have wore a condom, but the woman let him enter raw

the woman's decision does not only affect her life, it affects the man's life just as much

you can rely on the biological argument all you want, but abortion is a social issue. if a man doesnt have a say in the abortion, youre essentially saying he doesnt have a say in the child's life. you know where I'm going with this :sas1:

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
but when the baby's born its expected that the man has to be the main provider for the baby.

what if he wants the abortion because he knows he cant provide for the baby. youre gonna say he should have wore a condom, but the woman let him enter raw

the woman's decision does not only affect her life, it affects the man's life just as much

you can rely on the biological argument all you want, but abortion is a social issue. if a man doesnt have a say in the abortion, youre essentially saying he doesnt have a say in the child's life. you know where I'm going with this :sas1:
Answer the original question. Should women be allowed to force men to have vasectomies? Abortion is solely a medical issue. If we can start forcing medical procedures on one another then I don't see your objection with the vasectomy bit.

Tropical Fantasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Answer the original question. Should women be allowed to force men to have vasectomies? Abortion is solely a medical issue. If we can start forcing medical procedures on one another then I don't see your objection with the vasectomy bit.

absolutely not

you can scream double standard, but your comparison is a false equivalence. male reproductive system in relation to women is very cut and dry. female reproductive system in relation to men is very nuanced and shouldnt been seen through the same lens, way more variables at play

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
absolutely not

you can scream double standard, but your comparison is a false equivalence. male reproductive system in relation to women is very cut and dry. female reproductive system in relation to men is very nuanced and shouldnt been seen through the same lens, way more variables at play
lol you clearly don't understand this argument. An abortion much like a vasectomy is a medical procedure. If we can starting forcing medical procedures on others, and you're totally fine with one of those procedures being forced on another then you are fine with both being forced on another.

Tropical Fantasy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
lol you clearly don't understand this argument. An abortion much like a vasectomy is a medical procedure. If we can starting forcing medical procedures on others, and you're totally fine with one of those procedures being forced on another then you are fine with both being forced on another.

I completely understand the argument, youre just too dense to understand my point

youre framing this issue without taking the social aspect into account, so let me break it down for you young lady

If a man is deciding to get a vasectomy, the decision independent from a woman because she isnt directly responsible for his sperm and vas deferens. the exception is if he's in a longterm marriage/relationship with a woman and he decides he doesnt want to have anymore children. HIS BODY, HIS SPERM

if a woman is deciding whether or not to get an abortion, the decision is dependent on the male because he directly responsible for the pregnancy. the unborn child is a product of BOTH parent's genetic material, the woman is the baby's host until he/she is ready to be born. HER BODY, THEIR CHILD

Ultimately, using your logic, If a man doesnt have a say an abortion, it shouldnt be a surprise if he becomes a deadbeat.

If a man doesnt have a say regarding the status of an unborn child he's equally responsible for, he should be able to sign away his parental rights if he had no intention of being a father.

I definitely dont ascribe to that line of thinking, youre proposition leaves it open to extreme outcomes

bcrusaderw

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I completely understand the argument, youre just too dense to understand my point

youre framing this issue without taking the social aspect into account, so let me break it down for you young lady

If a man is deciding to get a vasectomy, the decision independent from a woman because she isnt directly responsible for his sperm and vas deferens. the exception is if he's in a longterm marriage/relationship with a woman and he decides he doesnt want to have anymore children. HIS BODY, HIS SPERM

if a woman is deciding whether or not to get an abortion, the decision is dependent on the male because he directly responsible for the pregnancy. the unborn child is a product of BOTH parent's genetic material, the woman is the baby's host until he/she is ready to be born. HER BODY, THEIR CHILD

Ultimately, using your logic, If a man doesnt have a say an abortion, it shouldnt be a surprise if he becomes a deadbeat.

If a man doesnt have a say regarding the status of an unborn child he's equally responsible for, he should be able to sign away his parental rights if he had no intention of being a father.

I definitely dont ascribe to that line of thinking, youre proposition leaves it open to extreme outcomes

Your point is asinine because there is no "social" aspect to it. The pregnancy and what happens to it are at the sole discretion of the one who is affected by it. The health risks due to pregnancy solely affect the woman, and as such only she has the right to determine what can happen to a pregnancy. I understand that you may be too feeble minded to comprehend this, so I'll give you an easily understandable analogy. Men having a say in a woman's abortion would be like women having a say in a potentially life-threatening medical surgery for men. Since you will clearly object to that you must also logically clearly object to males having any weight in the decision making process for having an abortion. The time for males to opt out of a pregnancy is before sex. That is just a biological fact.

Action Mike

All praise..
Daps
absolutely not

/thread

"But but men do it to.." arguments rarely have a ground to stand on in reality.

:coffee:Void as usual.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
People who don't want children shouldn't have unprotected sex. Discussions should be had BEFORE the woman gets pregnant, not after.
"Listen, if I get pregnant I'm keeping it and if you don't want to be involved I will take you for child support :martin:"

Real simple. Matter of fact get that shyt in writing that he agrees with that lol
This