Lets discuss people on link cards, food stamps, EBT, etc

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
There seriously needs to be some limit on the amount on these cards or the food purchased. It should be used for only vital food like fruits, vegetables, diary, meat, etc. There is nothing more infuriating seeing a fukking grocery buggy filled to the brim with 10 cases of pop, donuts, ice cream, chips etc. I was in line today and seen a bytch with a grocery cart like that. She had a stack of 20s in her hand and still paid with a fukking link card:katt: Maybe because I'm older and have more responsibilities then before, but seeing bums like this is starting to piss me off. Thoughts?

:umad:

:russ: nothing worse than going to the store and see niccas buying more(and better) food than you with their EBT cards.

Token

Concerned Aunt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Front Porch
:dafuk:
How the hell you getting that shyt? In Illinois its strictly food

Even in Illinois, If you cool with the person running the store you can get just about anything off link. Some of these people will even buy your link off you every month :dead:

I've even seen clothing stores that will accept it.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
yea its illegal but around here theres a few stores owned by indians where they will do it for you, they tax the hell out you for it tho to the point where its damn near double the price

them habibis just tryna check a bag :heh:

Man these fukking Indians/Arabs get away with murder in the hood. I was in the gas station a few weeks ago and it was a group of nikkas in there negotiating the price of a gang of Iphones with Akmed. I was like damn this is why these nikkas is knocking cacs upside the head on the train for their phone:patrice:

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Even in Illinois, If you cool with the person running the store you can get just about anything off link. Some of these people will even buy your link off you every month :dead:

I've even seen clothing stores that will accept it.

Yea cluckas and dope fiends have the link game on lock. They will give you a link worth 100 dollars for like five bucks :dead:

little4209

All Star
Daps
Just bought $100 worth of food for $60 last week from a friend of a friend....

Orange cream shake

Blessed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
null
see this shyt all the time. what's worse is they can get cash back off the link. and now they can use it at restaurants and fast food joints? how u gon be eating restaurant food off public assistance?????

or what about when they get so much link they out there with a gang of steaks, shrimp, lobster, and crab in they cart???? :rudy:

GTFOH

people abuse the system point blank. if the government really cared they give these people jobs. ive seen people live off the government with no job for years riding around in 2012 cars and rent free. meanwhile my grandma makes min wage and works less than 30 hrs a week and cant get any assistance. i bet if she had some kids theyd throw it at her.

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest
According to the United States Department of Agriculture 2010, out of 100% of recipients (not population, but recipients):

35% are White
22% are African American
10% are Hispanic
2% are Asian
4% are Native American
19% are Unknown

Almost half of all participants are children (under 18). A great many are US Military families.

Like other forms of government spending, SNAP increases aggregate demand and stimulates the economy. Every $1 of food stamp money generates $1.84 in the economy. Who do you think benefits most from that?

In 2011, Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack estimated an increase of 82,100 jobs and $9.2 billion increase in economic activity (production, sales, and value of shipments) due to the SNAP.

I know yall coli millionaires hate seeing them cacs load up with frozen pizzas right?

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
people abuse the system point blank. if the government really cared they give these people jobs. ive seen people live off the government with no job for years riding around in 2012 cars and rent free. meanwhile my grandma makes min wage and works less than 30 hrs a week and cant get any assistance. i bet if she had some kids theyd throw it at her.

they dont care about them they want o keep them in that level of scoiety

the bottom

the lack off ambition :wow:

BrehMan

Old Avi from :hamster:
Daps
Reppin
See the Avi
If you need benefits; take advantage. You gotta do what you gotta do.

I-Ain-t-Even-Mad-the-fresh-prince-of-bel-air-30565881-400-300.png

I used a relative's bridge card to to buy for groceries for Monday.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

How many of these people you know personally? or are these just mostly assumptions you've drawn up? I mean since we're providing nothing but anecdotes, I see the exact opposite, mostly single mothers who're still struggling to get by even while on food stamps. So my example against yours nikka:sitdown: I don't know how this stereotype that all people on foodstamps are abusing the system, have a car back home with rims and shyt, when statistically less than 1 percent of the people on welfare are commiting fraud. even worse is the underlying racist element to the stereotype since most people are assuming it's black people who are the ones defrauding the government.

I mean if ya'll nikkas are so jealous of people on welfare, get on it your damn self, even if means losing your job; since people on welfare without seem to be eating so much better than you:jawalrus:

edit: they should be helping your grandmoms though, I can't see why they wouldn't if she's only working part time.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Life is so much better when you worry about yourself and only yourself (unless you got kids), I was unemployed for a full year before. I was on unemployment and $75 dollars worth of EBT, trust me when I tell you it ain't that great. $250 a week unemployment and 75 bucks for food ain't shyt considering I have to pay rent, bills, gas, cell phone, car insurance and have spending money all off that. The only joy in life was going to the grocery store and buying some comfort food I could cook off my EBT. Please believe I would've traded all of that in for a decent paying 9 to 5.

That's why I believe you should mind your biz cuz what that person is doing on gov't handouts ain't your business. And people kill me with the whole "Well it's my money they are taking." For someone so concerned about where their money is going they usually have no idea how their local gov't is spending THEIR money nor do they vote.

Colilluminati

TAMRON HALL STAN
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MiddleWest

Lets take a look at your story.Your grandma works 30 hours a week and cant get food stamps? :sitdown: A few years back my boy was working 40 hours a week at walmart with no kids and was getting like 52 dollars a month.

Either your lying or your grandma got some extra income :patrice:

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
:dafuk:
How the hell you getting that shyt? In Illinois its strictly food

Swerve cac

What restaurant is this? Harolds? I know nikkas not in Ruth Chris with Link :sager:

I don't have a problem with link. Hell, I knew a few homies who needed it in College to survive, especially living on their own. Its just crazy when I see these carts with nothing but frozen pizzas and bullshyt:seriously: Its like come on, be responsible with that shyt.

:aicmon: I have seen it accepted at mcdonalds, subways and other fast food joints out here.