Lets discuss how getting in shape has affected your social life?

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
ME:

Getting in shape has 'defined' me (no pun intended).

Mixed social reactions to be honest, some of my mates think why commit XYZ amount of time/effort on gym on a regular weekly basis. It's not like you training for a competition or a movie script etc etc blah blah... those folks I sort of ignore usually. The others were/are in awe giving me the 'thumbs ups' and 'well dones' because I was somewhat of a professional couch potato/ part time chubster when I was younger (Back then I believed in a healthy rich donut diet & all sorts of other miracle sugars lol).

Someone in the gym told me "Women will want you & Men will want to be you' train with that mind set Son" So I do.... also the increased confidence & respect gainage, are definitely sweeeet by-products of tryna get in top shape.

Also LOVE the fact that people now come up to me for lifting advise in the gym just randomly when I'm going about my business with the iron...

So yea Just curious as to how people react to you now? :lupe:

Did you make new friends?
Did women start throwing themselves at you?:bow:

Any new opportunities come about that wouldn't have if you were still out of shape?
Lest Discuss The Fruits of Our Gravity Opposing Labour Brehs :win:

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
ME:

Yes. People always same old questions: how long I've been working out, how often I do I train, what supplements do I take, where do I train etc....

Then proceed to be extra friendly, after every post encounter.
Yes, but this wasn't always a good thing :scusthov:

It's one thing when attraction is mutual but contact with the person in question isn't attractive, it gets to be daunting....

It doesn't help that I'm kind of selective in regards to picking up females.

Any new opportunities come about that wouldn't have if you were still out of shape?
Not quite sure yet. I've been in shape, since I turned 18...

Exiled Martian

Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
No time for social life....

Too busy lifting.

Props for the commitment to the iron..... social life is overated anyway :lolbron:

Father thinks I'm juicing. :mindblown:

Some of friends are low key jealous...didn't help I was outgoing with females even when I was skinny. I surpassed my buddy that put me on the gym life.:patrice:

With women....I'll just say I get it when I need it. :wow:

Damn sounds like you killing the gym scene breh....Yea its always the parents first that start suspecting shyte when they see suspicious tubs & packages contain cocaine texture like substances around the house....& haters are gonna hate :jawalrus:

:leostare:

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
all my friends jokingly say i'm juicin.
hmmm females now always trynna be slick coppin feels on the upper body during conversation at the bar or wherever. and i mean extended hugs with the hands rubbin up and dow on my chest after the hug
lots of compliments from females and always get approached at the gym for "tips". The regulars that go mention I have gotten a lot bigger over the months (and they haven't lol)...

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
Father thinks I'm juicing. :mindblown:

Some of friends are low key jealous...didn't help I was outgoing with females even when I was skinny. I surpassed my buddy that put me on the gym life.:patrice:

With women....I'll just say I get it when I need it. :wow:

That was the first clue that I was on the right path was when I started to look more imposing than my friends that also lift they went from cheering me on wholeheartedly to having to find some kind of way to give backhanded praise/compliments.

-P-

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
ME:

Getting in shape has 'defined' me (no pun intended).

Mixed social reactions to be honest, some of my mates think why commit XYZ amount of time/effort on gym on a regular weekly basis. It's not like you training for a competition or a movie script etc etc blah blah... those folks I sort of ignore usually. The others were/are in awe giving me the 'thumbs ups' and 'well dones' because I was somewhat of a professional couch potato/ part time chubster when I was younger (Back then I believed in a healthy rich donut diet & all sorts of other miracle sugars lol).

Someone in the gym told me "Women will want you & Men will want to be you' train with that mind set Son" So I do.... also the increased confidence & respect gainage, are definitely sweeeet by-products of tryna get in top shape.

Also LOVE the fact that people now come up to me for lifting advise in the gym just randomly when I'm going about my business with the iron...

That's one of the best feelings in the world. I was doing wide grip weighted pull-ups with 35 pound weights and
I had a couple of people stop by and ask for advice when I was done. :obama:

PimpHandStrong

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Decatur where its greater
Man I gotta get on my shyt. A bruh always been kind of skinny, can't get past 155. It seems like whenever I get in it together and start hitting the gym hard something in life pops up and I get sidetracked. I need to stay focused and get back into it. I feel like I might need a personal trainer to keep my focused until it's a regular habit for me.

:salute: to all the bruhs out there putting in work at the gym

Exiled Martian

Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
Another thing is half of why I want to get bigger / Leaner/ Stronger is for sexxxx appeal... but I find it's like most girls want the ripped guy, but don't want to acknowledge the process of getting there i.e find the whole commitment distasteful....I guess its a double standard that most crazy women have :yeshrug:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
i used to get the roided comments especially between 2008-2010 when the size i was carrying with the cuts was crazy. i was trying to mirror myself like Michael jai white. some of the stuff

i got offers to bounce or do security
i got offers to strip at parties (female parties though :whoa:)
i got offers to be part of white people cuckolds :scusthov:
i got offers from people wanting me to create plans and diets for them

shyt is great

Exiled Martian

Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
i used to get the roided comments especially between 2008-2010 when the size i was carrying with the cuts was crazy. i was trying to mirror myself like Michael jai white. some of the stuff

i got offers to bounce or do security
i got offers to strip at parties (female parties though :whoa:)
i got offers to be part of white people cuckolds :scusthov:
i got offers from people wanting me to create plans and diets for them

shyt is great

Damn breh sounds like you :win: with this fitness shyte!

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Damn breh sounds like you :win: with this fitness shyte!
I have but ive also picked up injuries along the way...last year I was in :flabbynsick: most of the year due to being so injured...it was a low point for me physically. 2013 has been a year of rebound..no longer :flabbynsick: but im not at that awe inspiring physique that I had in those years I mentioned